Denied Remove levelling for certain job requirements

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Remove levelling for different jobs, instead replace them with promotions ICly. For example, CL2 are choices for CL3, CL3 are choices for SA, SA are choices for SC, O5-1 decides O5, SL / NL decides O5-1.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I could find.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More interaction with your higher command
Less mingy officers / guards
Less mingy CL3s
Less mingy CL2s
Less minge past CL1 in general.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Hard work of people who grinded to levels will be removed

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This should be accepted because currently, someone could hop on d-class and mass collect scrap to become a cadet, go on tests and do 0 rp, become a guard, kill d-class, go on tests and do 0 RP, repeat. I feel promotions will be a better solution instead of just OOC levelling.

Reactions: Deleted member 6873

Deleted member 6873

Based and fact-pilled
+ Support
if you dislike this you're a coward

YandereMuffin

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
I feel like I want to -/+Neutral, but with a hint of Support. I like the general idea but the specifics I don't vibe with.

With the semi-recent addition of Sergeant, I think having more CL3 roles that are whitelisted through in-character actions (with CL4s deciding on it and it not being a forums post) should be more abundant. I dislike the fact that currently the clearance level system feels like a climbing of levels and not actual power or anything interesting (other than CL4/CL5 jobs) - needing to do practically nothing interesting to get a CL3 role shouldn't be common imo.

Basically, I'm not sure if this would work well for CL2 roles but for CL3 I would like to see this, even if it's just a bonus CL3 role in most departments between the other CL3s and the CL4. More roles should be done entirely on the server, I think.

Apr 5, 2024
I feel like I want to -/+Neutral, but with a hint of Support. I like the general idea but the specifics I don't vibe with.

With the semi-recent addition of Sergeant, I think having more CL3 roles that are whitelisted through in-character actions (with CL4s deciding on it and it not being a forums post) should be more abundant. I dislike the fact that currently the clearance level system feels like a climbing of levels and not actual power or anything interesting (other than CL4/CL5 jobs) - needing to do practically nothing interesting to get a CL3 role shouldn't be common imo.

Basically, I'm not sure if this would work well for CL2 roles but for CL3 I would like to see this, even if it's just a bonus CL3 role in most departments between the other CL3s and the CL4. More roles should be done entirely on the server, I think.
What I mean by it is: A security SGT+ can promote up to officer. A cadet, once showing enough RP potenial, goes up to guard. A guard, once showing leadership and RP, becomes a officer. A officer can be trained to become a sergeant, and a sergeant can be promoted to a captain by SA. Same thing for medical and research, except medical needs a license. Basically, make the promotion system similiar to MTFs.

Jan 27, 2023
really good idea but this is prolly too much work and the masses will cope with "site 9" like all the inherent flaws with this server will disappear when that server comes out. using a stupid level system as a form of progression promotes farming and demotes rping

Apr 5, 2024
really good idea but this is prolly too much work and the masses will cope with "site 9" like all the inherent flaws with this server will disappear when that server comes out. using a stupid level system as a form of progression promotes farming and demotes rping
We could just use the MTF ranking system

Apr 5, 2024
they're not problems, levelling is fundamental gameplay loop of the entire server
(which will require an entire rework if levels are removed)

its why I say leave this to site-9, as this is a seperate gameplay loop to the main server
Levelling still invites more minge for things that new players look to, such as officers, guards, SRU, and other level locked requirements that they had 0 RP to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.