Denied Remove Sniper jobs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Remove Sniper Rifles from Whitelists entirely
(Maybe replace them with DMRs + a viable primary weapon (ARX for low spread?))

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Didn’t find anything

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Nobody likes getting oneshot from a place you cant even see
- More balanced surface combat
-> More than 4 people will have fun on surface
- I hear complaints about sniper rifles on surface on a daily basis, would stop those

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- less realism
- no more sniping, which can sometimes be fun
- indirect buff for short ranged SCPs on surface
- indirect buff for juggernauts on surface
- indirect buff for Type Blue on surface

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Frankly, sniper jobs are only enjoyable for those who play them. Surface combat is completely dominated by those who play on marksman jobs and not a day goes by when I play CI or DEA that I don’t hear someone complain about snipers.
It simply isn’t a lot of fun to get sniped across half the map from some weird angle without much counterplay available, there just isn’t enough cover for that due to the nature of the map, an open wasteland.
I feel like not having snipers would make combat on surface far more enjoyable for the vast majority of players, aka those who aren’t on the marksman/field agent slots.

And in case anyone says this is a cope suggestion: I usually get preyy good K/Ds, Im not really coping because I die to them too much
From my experience most of the good sniper players agree that snipers are busted, which is why they still play on them.

EDIT:
A possible replacement could be giving them the SCAR-H, VKS or some other kind of DMR while also giving them a good primary weapon like the ARX which has low spread and is thus good for surface combat.
Alternatively, if you still want to keep snipers, you could nerf them heavily by reducing their magazine size to 1 or 2, making them more of a secondary weapon to open a fight or take out a priority target, before then having long reload time that allows for pushing toward the sniper’s location.

Last edited:

Geronimo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom

+ Support

The Content Team tried to 'test' the removal of snipers in favor for DMR-like weaponry by removing DEA's DSR and replacing it with whatever they did (I forgot which gun it was), however since all sides did not receive this, it worked out poorly and was unbalanced. I am fully in favour of removing these types of "one-shot" kills where there is simply nothing you can do about them, they ruin combat. Not to mention when CI is holding 1 doorway and can 1 shot anyone who enters.

Remove them from all sides and replace them with more DMR-style rifles. Reduce the insta-fracture too on existing DMRs, that shit is fucking annoying.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
now that its been edited to replace snipers with DMR's
+Support

Driver

Sep 8, 2023
+support
already broke 1 mouse because i got sniped from the other side of the fucking earth please remove snipers

Mishashi

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Jan 6, 2023
1710861949132.jpeg

replace snipers with guns like the FAL or SKS on semi with reduced damage instead and call the job MARKSMAN

• Haha
Reactions: Gizzmo

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
+
snipers are notoriously difficult to balance and its been no different on cn

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
Mk18 is a dmr that 2 taps so less one shot bs. Freedom and sanctum are both snipers since they one tap but it could be seen as balanced since you need to live to keep em. Dying makes you loose the gun. So would seem more balanced
That's what I figued. Also is it really a 2 shot? I've nailed people 6 times with it before.

balanced by the fact that it has a price and limit.

MK18 has wacky sights and, while no where near as pricey, stacks only to 10 and still discourages usage by the fact that, if the suggestion goes through, it becomes the same situation as the Sanctum/Freedom. I.E., "why use a DMR for money when I can use job that gets DMR for free."

Otherwise, using the DMR is literally just a downgrade from using a 1 shot sniper job and gimps you in surface combat. Its also why CI dont often use their SCAR-H during surface cocombat.
Right. Overall I think I've more often seen D-Class using the Mk18 than I've seen it ever actually used in combat. It's just like you said, a downgrade.

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
the freedom and sanctum in my back pocket:
I would genuinely prefer snipers as a deluxe, MC&D item tbh. would bring better RP to the group
I've been wanting more mc&d weapons for awhile, and heavy weapons.

Reactions: Niox

bob smit

May 9, 2023
Over all I give this a +support
Getting one tap cross map is getting boring.
Making surface actually fun.

This can be scene as a cope suggestion.
WE WELL HOPE THAT SL ACCEPTED THIS!

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
MC&D kbar is soon
Unironically would be good. I feel like the Hailstorm is just terrible anymore, like, 5k for a pistol that's honestly worse than the MUCH CHEAPER Deagle is insane. The volk and energy rifle are alright, but if you're forking over 15k you minds well bite the bullet and do the extra 5k for a sanctum. I think overall MC&D needs a serious price rework, and some new supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.