Accepted Remove some ranks from the server

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

el zapso

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Sep 4, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Remove some ranks from the current format, so people have a easier time reaching SNCO

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More people reaching SNCO ranks, and more dedicated players for different regiments,
Reaching SNCO is the most fun you can have, you get pretty much all the cool jobs a regiment offers

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People working theyre way up the ranks way too fast, because of CO’s that insta promote off cooldown

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Based on these, i think more people enganging in SNCO will lead to more future CO’s, which means more players are going to start playing and actually not leaving after getting PSC

The negative can be countered, you just have RC telling Co’s to not promote NCO’s just when theyre off cooldown, but when they deserve it

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+support
But I would argue ranks should be harder to achieve and promotions should be much more based upon merit and not because you're simply off cooldown

el zapso

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Sep 4, 2021
+support
But I would argue ranks should be harder to achieve and promotions should be much more based upon merit and not because you're simply off cooldown
I did say that COs should not be promoting people just when off cooldown, instead if they actually deserve it, just like when a NCO actually works really hard and is active there isn’t a need to hold off his promotion

nathancheetah

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 12, 2021
-Support
People are getting promoted too quickly, so making less ranks does not mean they will get promoted less often, it may just mean they have less ranks to climb and can reach higher ranks too quickly. Perhaps, if the suggestion was instead to make CO known about promoting only when deserved, then it would be a viable suggestion (again this is just my opinion)

Eisenhower

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 6, 2022
+support
If there were more perks that were unlocked with each rank then this suggestion would not be needed.

Less ranks would allow regimental command and their CO team to make more meaningful promotions by increasing the promotion timer and/or increasing regimental requirements allowing for more quality within the regiment. Less ranks also means higher player retention as 'ciimbing the ranks' becomes less of a grind.

I would suggest adopting the British Army rank structure which will remove the ranks of PSC, PFC, SFC, MSGT and 1SGT from the server.

Last edited:

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+support
If there were more perks that were unlocked with each rank then this suggestion would not be needed.

Less ranks would allow regimental command and their CO team to make more meaningful promotions by increasing the promotion timer and/or increasing regimental requirements allowing for more quality within the regiment. Less ranks also means higher player retention as 'ciimbing the ranks' becomes less of a grind.

I would suggest adopting the British Army ranking system which will remove the ranks of PSC, PFC, SFC, MSGT and 1SGT.
I'd also go a step further and make it actually rewarding to stay within certain rank brackets. People just use NCO ranks as stepping stones to CO, and then dip when they are forced to do docwork etc.

Make the SNCO ranks absolute units on the field with the best weaponry and leave the CO bracket for those wanting to actively do doc work and leadership etc

• Love
Reactions: Eisenhower

Kamil

Civil Gamers Expert
Oct 17, 2021
+support
I mean Valk and Eisenhower basically said what I want to say so there you go

Astolfo

MRP War Veteran
Jun 12, 2021
I'm not going to leave a final verdict on this suggestion just yet. Since this suggestion would have quite a big impact on the server if it was to be implemented, I would like to see some more feedback from the players.

el zapso

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Sep 4, 2021
Yesterdays meeting cloak mentioned that he would remove a few ranks and add a new call of duty prestige missions etc

Astolfo

MRP War Veteran
Jun 12, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @el zapso , Your suggestion has been accepted.

We have decided to accept this suggestion on the premise that the way ranks work is already being changed.​

Status
Not open for further replies.