Denied Remove sound effects from certain texts

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Draco"

Jan 3, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would remove atleast some of the sound effects that play when you input certain words. There are a ton of words that cause these.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Better roleplay and communication in general, when there are not random sound effects playing due to you having a certan word in your text.
-Topics discussed dont diverge or create confusion
-You dont look stupid for typing something, and creating a sound effect where a man is screaming for his life.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-People may like some of the sound effects ?
-Not sure of the dev time it would require, I have seen many servers with these off however.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
There are alot of annoying sound effects that in my opinion only make RP in the server worse. These are often also spammed which leads to constant playing of sound effects which, I think can be annoying for most people. These often also makes RP situations worse where text chat is used for communication, and a random sound effect of a man screaming plays due to your putting a certain word into the chat. There are some sound effects that can be good, such as the Hi one. These usually just diverge from the topic discussed, creates confusion and annoyance for all.

ATOM

Apr 3, 2023
-support
none of you grey bois seem to like fun, all the voicedlines are pretty funny and you rarely hear them

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
Can you give some elaboration on this?
at worst there should just be options to disable it, it's a staple of gmod and most people i've interacted with find it funny
it also makes people who don't use voice chat easier to communicate with in high intensity situations, eg if you're in a gunfight and ask "are we retreating" you will just hear them say yes instead of having to check chat

Blondie

Mar 9, 2022
Sweden
Suggestion Denied

Hi @"Draco",

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This is already being implemented.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.