Denied Remove Useless Keypads

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes those annoying keypads on double doors that exist for no reason (Example medbay Double Doors, IA and DEA Double doors)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No it has not been suggested before

Example pics:
20240125040541_1.jpg
20240126004551_1.jpg20240125040440_1.jpg
Possible Positives of the suggestion:
Less time going through spawn doors
less confusion/annoyance with keypads that have no purpose

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
N/A

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
These keypads are irrelevant they have no reason to exist especially since these are doors you can just push open or unlock it and pull open

It annoyed me a lot when i was tryna open a door for a full minute wondering if the keypad just wasnt loading like usual but no... they just put it at a stupid spot and its CL0 anyways so theres no point

EDIT
the issue of people spamming doors to make loud sounds and troll could easily be fixed by creating a cooldown on opening doors like this, and it could be applied to more than just these few double doors

Last edited:

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
This is just something that Senior Admins and above can do, there's not really much need for a suggestion. Get agreement within the departments involved and raise it with SL if you're all in agreement.

Starling6

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 15, 2022
Site-65
I'm just gonna put my two cents in on this

I don't Personally want this change as I don't want to hear someone spamming E on it and causing deafening squeaking for 30 seconds every time.

Reactions: elad

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023

I don't Personally want this change as I don't want to hear someone spamming E on it and causing deafening squeaking for 30 seconds every time.
That was originally the reason I suggested Sr admins add them.
until a timer for those doors is added (if it ever is), they should stay there

KingViper115

May 2, 2023

...then pull them to sit and warn them the closest thing to one of punishment guidelines in handbook?

For instances if they are doing that while people are trying to go through it could consider as prop blocking.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
Also, to be clear, all of the medbay double doors except chem lab on UK server already don't have keypads. This has so far not been an issue, as far as I'm aware.

Billy Boy

Sep 22, 2023
developers could rate limit how many times you can open doors per second, no?
can just increase the delay the more times a user clicks the same door

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I believe done medbay doors are already like this on the UK, makes life so much better.
+Support

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
some doors just don't need keypads
ah yes, the good old "some people are annoying, so let's make that everyone else's problem" approach. honestly getting really tired of dealing with this doctrine. like, some things make sense, others don't; this is one of those things that just really don't; if someone keeps fucking with the doors, then- i mean there's a whole array of things you can do

for one, could make it an IC punishment for IA, the public nuisance charge comes to mind.

Flare

Jul 14, 2023
Poland
+Support
some doors just don't need keypads

ah yes, the good old "some people are annoying, so let's make that everyone else's problem" approach. honestly getting really tired of dealing with this doctrine. like, some things make sense, others don't; this is one of those things that just really don't; if someone keeps fucking with the doors, then- i mean there's a whole array of things you can do

for one, could make it an IC punishment for IA, the public nuisance charge comes to mind.
You could just straight up chuck em into prison for 30 minutes for:
- Public Nuiscance 1,
- Negligence 2,
- Protocol 1,
- Entrapment 1,

If you reaaally wanted to

Alex/John Dingle

Donator
Sep 7, 2022
+Support on medbay doors. UK already has it like this and no issues have arisen. Ofcourse i don't know how the playerbase is on the US.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
I like the idea but unfortunately doors without can be abused by spamming E on it, there was a civilian once that took 10 minutes to get out of a closet because he just kept spamming E.

Flare

Jul 14, 2023
Poland
I like the idea but unfortunately doors without can be abused by spamming E on it, there was a civilian once that took 10 minutes to get out of a closet because he just kept spamming E.
1) Call staff,
2) Uhh yeah they all technically fall under what they're doing.
- Public Nuiscance 1 = Unprofessional behaviour that disrupts routine Foundation operations
Means they're annoying people, so valid.
- Negligence 2 = Failing to carry out a duty and/or responsibility
They're failing to carry out their foundation duty, so valid.
- Protocol 1 = Not following Foundation or Departmental protocols
e.g., Inside medbay = foundation protocol,
They're breaking their department protocol by not doing what they should be, so valid.

- Entrapment 1 = Operation of facility controls to trap or inconvenience Foundation personnel
Trapping / Inconviniencing foundation staff, so valid.

If you're being a bitch you could also put them in for kidnapping if they're keeping someone from leaving: Kidnapping 1, or even trespassing if it's in medbay as mentioned in the suggestion.

So total charge could be: Public Nuiscance 1, Negligence 2, Protocol 1, Entrapment 1, Kidnapping 1, Trespass 2.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
1) Call staff,
- Public Nuiscance 1 = Unprofessional behaviour that disrupts routine Foundation operations
They're breaking their department protocol by not doing what they should be, so valid.

- Entrapment 1 = Operation of facility controls to trap or inconvenience Foundation personnel

If you're being a bitch you could also put them in for kidnapping if they're keeping someone from leaving: Kidnapping 1, or even trespassing if it's in medbay as mentioned in the suggestion.

So total charge could be: Public Nuiscance 1, Negligence 2, Protocol 1, Entrapment 1, Kidnapping 1, Trespass 2.
Could probably add on insubordination, as someone higher in the chain of command has likely told them to stop

Reactions: Flare

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
1) Call staff,

UK IA dont fuck around huh

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
UK IA dont fuck around huh
The thing is, charges don't stack on UK, so the first 30 minute one you can get given 30 minutes, but that's the maximum amount of time you can get. You don't actually add charge times together, they just unlock different maximum times.

Judge

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 10, 2022
The WHOLE point of adding those red double doors in DIA/DEA offices is so random people below CL3 cannot just wander into our area.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
The WHOLE point of adding those red double doors in DIA/DEA offices is so random people below CL3 cannot just wander into our area.
?
...aren't the doors leading into IA/DEA CL3? and if not, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.