Accepted Rework base raids

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Base raids are currently way too unfair for the attacking side, getting into the position where you can do a base raid is already hard enough but if the attacking team doesn't get any kind of buff I don't think there will ever be a successful base raid

I think base raids are very important mechanic because it gives players a reason to keep taking parts in wars and see base wars as an end goal

Base raiding UAN
- You need hackers AND breachers (some doors cannot be breached but hacked, some doors cannot be hacked but must be breached)
- There is only one way in which is the tunnels, because UAN aren't stupid and will just close their big doors that cannot be hacked from outside,
STS can create more ways in with grappling hooks but it this is a very slow way of pushing anything because of how long it takes one person to go up a grappling hook, you will also get shot at as you're making your way up the grappling hook
- If you manage to push to the control rooms to one of the big doors doors and hack them open it won't help much as you will have 30 UAN storming your location and they will just close the door instantly that you spent 10 minutes getting to and hacking
- If you do manage to hack the big doors open from inside the base it will not do much as UAN will be camping the gates with tanks and IFV vehicles

Base raiding NWO
- Get into an elevator > Die to 10 nades as the elevator opens, or tanks
- If you go through tunnel you will just die because you have to go up a ladder and one person can easily kill a group of 10 that are going up the ladder

You also have to worry about the defenders spawning behind you as you're raiding their base and back capping points meaning you cannot have all units focused on the base raid

Suggestions to make base raids balanced for attacking side (not all should be added, but multiple, these are just ideas on what could be done to make it more balanced)

The point of the suggestion is to make attacking bases a bit easier for attackers, not to implement everything I suggested here (there are just ideas what could be done), because currently the way things are no one will win a base raid until the server shuts down

. Disable combat deployments once the attacking team starts the cap on the enemy base (so they cannot spawn behind you and start capping other points)

2. Allow base bombing during base raids (gives purpose to spec ops job and spies since you can disable sams for 5 mins with hacking)

3. Allow using tac tablet assets inside enemy base during base raids(gives purpose to spec ops job and spies since you can disable missle defences for 5 mins with hacking)

4. Lower the amount of time you need to hold all points for, 10 minutes is too long it should be 5 or just straight up removed, holding all points is very hard because you need to have your team evenly spread out on all 3 objectives and when SC/AC say "everyone group up in base and push xx" which will lead to them neutralizing that objective because the attackers don't have enough time to send people from one point to the other

5. Once the base cap starts the attackers should have an increased cap rate buff (could already be a thing, not sure)

6. This one might be too complicated but perhaps once a cap on base is started the highest online person gets an asset marker which lets them call in an airdrop crate that contains multiple juggernaut suits, or the highest online person is able to choose 3 people they can give 5k combat score to

7. Increased spawn timer for defenders to spawn in their base once the cap on the base has started

8. Once a cap on a base has started, ALL doors should open and stay open, or if possible make it so keypads no longer need to have the correct clearance to be opened, or at least make it so door faulting with the hacking device actually works so a door can't just be instantly closed after hacking it
To those unaware - door faulting a door makes it so it cannot be closed for a certain period of time and if you're hacking an "Average" door, it would be "Strong" to door fault

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):[/B]
- More of a reason to play the server as a lot of people are motivated to play in wars so they can do a base raid, which are currently not possible
- Balance
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Could make base raiding too easy if too many buffs are given to the attacking side

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because there needs to be some kind of an end objective that is possible, a lot of players from both sides have been saying that because of the NWO update base raids are not possible and not worth the effort

If needed I can send the footage of today's base raid

If you have any other suggestions please put them in comments below

Last edited:
Upvote 4
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Jacub

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jan 21, 2022
1. Disable combat deployments once the attacking team starts the cap on the enemy base (so they cannot spawn behind you and start capping other points)
UAN does not have combat deployments like NWO.
6. This one might be too complicated but perhaps once a cap on base is started the highest online person gets an asset marker which lets them call in an airdrop crate that contains multiple juggernaut suits, or the highest online person is able to choose 3 people they can give 5k combat score to
This would make base raids a lot more unfair.
8. Once a cap on a base has started, ALL doors should open and stay open, or if possible make it so keypads no longer need to have the correct clearance to be opened
This makes it basically impossible to stop a base raid

-SUPPORT

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
UAN does not have combat deployments like NWO.

This would make base raids a lot more unfair.

This makes it basically impossible to stop a base raid

-SUPPORT
The suggestion is not to add all of the things I mentioned these are just ideas, the suggestion is to make base raids balanced for the attacking side and if you think they're balanced right now I dont know what to tell you lol

I just edited the main post to explain this more in detail to avoid confusion

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021

-Support

While you make some valid points, there are major aspects of this suggestion that make me unable to agree. I do see your points regarding elevators and the bases being harder to enter due to the NWO update and their design. However base raids by design are meant to be a big accomplishment difficult to achieve and this would take some of that difficulty from it that has always been there such as.
2. Allow base bombing during base raids (gives purpose to spec ops job and spies since you can disable sams for 5 mins with hacking)
3. Allow using tac tablet assets inside enemy base during base raids(gives purpose to spec ops job and spies since you can disable missle defences for 5 mins with hacking)
4. Lower the amount of time you need to hold all points for, 10 minutes is too long it should be 5 or just straight up removed, holding all points is very hard because you need to have your team evenly spread out on all 3 objectives and when SC/AC say "everyone group up in base and push xx" which will lead to them neutralizing that objective because the attackers don't have enough time to send people from one point to the other
5. Once the base cap starts the attackers should have an increased cap rate buff (could already be a thing, not sure)
7. Increased spawn timer for defenders to spawn in their base once the cap on the base has started
These are the key points I wish to address, firstly base bombing is not allowed and shouldn't be allowed because the missiles have an extremely high range, one misfire will kill 10 friendlies and it will create lag, chaos and people likely being killed in bunks.

Secondly, tac tablet assets that do not cause harm (tac inserts supply drops etc) are allowed on the enemy base. Things like 1000lb bombs and Airstrikes would create havoc and again cause deaths in bunks (bunk camping is not allowed in base raids to the best of my knowledge) due to the massive range they possess and destruction caused.

Thirdly, 10 minutes in my opinion is a good time because base raids should be a challenge as stated earlier and holding the points for 10 minutes is made so you have difficulty and can feel a much better sense of accomplishment and decreasing that just makes it easier for the attacking team who should be skilled enough to earn a base raid by holding all points if they have come that close.

Fourthly, a increased cap rate buff just ruins the experience for the defenders and makes it harder for them and again as I've repeatedly stated takes out the accomplishment of base raids as well as a bit more messy.

My fifth point is again giving people juggernaut suits, I assume this would be for the attacking team? Again it just makes it extremely easy and probably enjoyable for the attacking team to base raid. It would be more painful for the defenders dealing with 3 juggernauts just spam dying which links into my sixth point. You have proposed an increase spawn time for defenders. If they are being spam killed by these juggernauts, base bombings (which will likely kill them as they spawn in bunks) as well as airstrikes and more will that be fun and enjoyable for anyone on the defending team also dealing with the respawn times from that? I don't think so and it'll probably just leave to players being fed up as their respawn times stack up.

To conclude, I do not think this suggestion should be accepted as while it makes it easier for the attacking side, it can lead to extremely problematic bunk camping as helis may hit people's bunks or the surrounding area (leading to people inside bunks killed by splash damage) and a lot less fun for the defending team who probably already aren't enjoying the base raid. This benefits solely the attackers and tips the scales of a base raid way too much in their favour. It's meant to be enjoyable for both sides, one viciously assaulting the base to try and devastate their enemy for the greatest accomplishment so they can celebrate (usually with medals and promotions, but if base raids become more common which they might with this proposal it can lead to these ceremonies becoming less likely and often) whilst the defenders consistently spawn in and fight for their lives to protect key centres and stop the enemy winning. While the bases could use updating to better support base raids this is ABSOLUTELY not the way to do it.
1. Disable combat deployments once the attacking team starts the cap on the enemy base (so they cannot spawn behind you and start capping other points)
Also just to add I'm not sure on this one as you are meant to cap other points to stop the base raid, which is how it has always been in my opinion and means that the defenders can't fully commit and the attackers can keep trying which gives them hope and a chance to fight back and stop the base raid mid war otherwise they just spawn in base, get killed by one of your 3 juggernauts, an airstrike, rogue missile from a helicopter and on top of that increased respawn times. They will lose hope and have very little chance of victory and probably just leave the game.

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022

-Support

While you make some valid points, there are major aspects of this suggestion that make me unable to agree. I do see your points regarding elevators and the bases being harder to enter due to the NWO update and their design. However base raids by design are meant to be a big accomplishment difficult to achieve and this would take some of that difficulty from it that has always been there such as.

These are the key points I wish to address, firstly base bombing is not allowed and shouldn't be allowed because the missiles have an extremely high range, one misfire will kill 10 friendlies and it will create lag, chaos and people likely being killed in bunks.

Secondly, tac tablet assets that do not cause harm (tac inserts supply drops etc) are allowed on the enemy base. Things like 1000lb bombs and Airstrikes would create havoc and again cause deaths in bunks (bunk camping is not allowed in base raids to the best of my knowledge) due to the massive range they possess and destruction caused.

Thirdly, 10 minutes in my opinion is a good time because base raids should be a challenge as stated earlier and holding the points for 10 minutes is made so you have difficulty and can feel a much better sense of accomplishment and decreasing that just makes it easier for the attacking team who should be skilled enough to earn a base raid by holding all points if they have come that close.

Fourthly, a increased cap rate buff just ruins the experience for the defenders and makes it harder for them and again as I've repeatedly stated takes out the accomplishment of base raids as well as a bit more messy.

My fifth point is again giving people juggernaut suits, I assume this would be for the attacking team? Again it just makes it extremely easy and probably enjoyable for the attacking team to base raid. It would be more painful for the defenders dealing with 3 juggernauts just spam dying which links into my sixth point. You have proposed an increase spawn time for defenders. If they are being spam killed by these juggernauts, base bombings (which will likely kill them as they spawn in bunks) as well as airstrikes and more will that be fun and enjoyable for anyone on the defending team also dealing with the respawn times from that? I don't think so and it'll probably just leave to players being fed up as their respawn times stack up.

To conclude, I do not think this suggestion should be accepted as while it makes it easier for the attacking side, it can lead to extremely problematic bunk camping as helis may hit people's bunks or the surrounding area (leading to people inside bunks killed by splash damage) and a lot less fun for the defending team who probably already aren't enjoying the base raid. This benefits solely the attackers and tips the scales of a base raid way too much in their favour. It's meant to be enjoyable for both sides, one viciously assaulting the base to try and devastate their enemy for the greatest accomplishment so they can celebrate (usually with medals and promotions, but if base raids become more common which they might with this proposal it can lead to these ceremonies becoming less likely and often) whilst the defenders consistently spawn in and fight for their lives to protect key centres and stop the enemy winning. While the bases could use updating to better support base raids this is ABSOLUTELY not the way to do it.

Also just to add I'm not sure on this one as you are meant to cap other points to stop the base raid, which is how it has always been in my opinion and means that the defenders can't fully commit and the attackers can keep trying which gives them hope and a chance to fight back and stop the base raid mid war otherwise they just spawn in base, get killed by one of your 3 juggernauts, an airstrike, rogue missile from a helicopter and on top of that increased respawn times. They will lose hope and have very little chance of victory and probably just leave the game.
I also dont think you properly understood, if you read the purple text It says not all of these things should be added, these are just ideas, the main part of the suggestion is to make base raids a bit easier for attackers because the way things are right now no one will win a base raid until the server shuts down, you did make a great point about players being bombed in their bunks but it's a base raid so I personally don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, you're also making it sound like the defending side wouldn't be able to use their tac tablet assets or helis

Last edited:

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
I also dont think you properly understood, if you read the purple text It says not all of these things should be added, these are just ideas, the main part of the suggestion is to make base raids a bit easier for attackers because the way things are right now no one will win a base raid until the server shuts down, you did make a great point about players being bombed in their bunks but it's a base raid so I personally don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, you're also making it sound like the defending side wouldn't be able to use their tac tablet assets
I did read through it. I clearly stated in my points that base raids should be reworked, but little to none of what you suggested is the way to go about it in my opinion. Bases should be worked to being more accessible during a raid, but that is all in my honest opinion.
Suggestions to make base raids balanced for attacking side (not all should be added, but multiple, these are just ideas on what could be done to make it more balanced)
This states still some of the suggestions should be added, and I disagree with that and have addressed as to why. Your ideas fail to make it balanced except for the final one of opening doors as I've stated previously which is why I think only 1 should be possibly suggested. I've also repeated my point is the core design of base raids is to make them extremely difficult to win. This makes it extremely important for a side to win when it happens and people can always work towards a base raid but you need to work quite hard.

Furthermore, I do make it sound like the defenders can't use their tac tablet assets. What would they be used for? No CPT+ would airstrike their own base or an AC waste money on a 1000lb bomb on their own base. As well as this you proposed getting rid of combat deployments which means it will be difficult to get through to a point and deploy a tac or rapidly build an FOB as you would have to leave base undetected by any of the many people there or helicopters bombing. And if they leave their base that just means your increased cap rate makes it even quicker so they have to focus on defending than trying to take back a point.

Brian Bell

MRP War Veteran
Donator
May 14, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Hoxton, Your suggestion has been accepted. Multiple changes are planned to improve the base raid experience and make it easier​

Status
Not open for further replies.