Rule Suggestion Rewritting the rule of Recontaining SCP-106

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Hello, this rule will rewrite/add a new spin onto the rule in regards to re-containing SCP-106 (The rule is not officially written but it is classified as FailRP) and the new rule would go like this

"In times of emergency/containment breach MTF must attempt to re-contain SCP-106 using D-Class at all times However if D-Class are unable to be used in re-containment, the next lowest important personnel are used ONLY IN THE STRICTEST OF EMERGENCIES"

Basically if D-Class are unable to be grabbed and used for 106 Re-containment for a wide variety of reasons (No D Class to grab, D-Block is inhospitable due to Breaches/Chaos Insurgency, D-Class are unable to reach SCP-106s containment cell etc) then the Foundation will sacrifice a job that is not important to their operations. (Jr researchers, Trainees, Engineers, Chemists etc up the chain of Importance)

Additionally, this can only be Enacted with SL/SC Approval only

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More Foundation flexibility in breaches
New RP Scenarios in which Foundation have to do a heroic sacrifice for the greater good

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
May get abused

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The pros outweigh the cons and additionally it will bring light to an obscure rule that isn't written but is still abided by

Last edited:

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
Honestly I don't know with this one. On one hand it would defintly have the potential for being abused, but on the other hand it is shitty to deal with prolonged 106 breaches because other SCPs are either camping dblock, medbay or LCZ and can affect how other SCPs are RCed

I +Support This if it requires SL+ auth, otherwise I do not support it

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-Support
-Just makes the experience of newer people wayyyy less fun.
-106 Nerf

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
hm

i like it.
+Support
but it needs more iteration. as said above, SL+ auth would be fine - although imo at minimum you should need SC auth; and if there's none on, then SL+ can auth, kinda like how GOI main raid auth works.

so for SC auth, that would be RP-wise (and this should only be authed by then when there's a mass breach, maybe even more - otherwise it'd be failRP) with stuff like ethical RP concerns, weighing this decision, etc. and in terms of SL+ auth, that'd just be for server health concerns, be like if there's a whole bunch of SCPs out and if it's evaluated to be detrimental to server health to allow 106 to stay out, because it's basically uncontainable at this point, then they could auth it.

-Support
-106 Nerf
what and a mass 7+ SCP breach is fun for those same new people? this would both make some degree of sense and have an option to improve server health - this seems like a very slight nerf to 106 since it's extremely situational, but my boy is in need of a buff at some point anyway

Last edited:

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
what and a mass 7+ SCP breach is fun for those same new people? this would both make some degree of sense and have an option to improve server health
personally referring to the lower scale breaches

"oh buddy boy 076 is wandering HCZ and we cant get a d clas down there"
WHAT IS THIS? A RANDOM JR RSD WHO JUST CAME OUT OF 106???? MY MY DONT MIND IF I USE THIS MAN RIGHT HERE
tad bit silly innit

this seems like a very slight nerf to 106 since it's extremely situational, but my boy is in need of a buff at some point anyway
imo no, not really. You've doubled the pool of people who can be used for 106 RCing

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
personally referring to the lower scale breaches
then it doesn't apply to what i've said
imo no, not really. You've doubled the pool of people who can be used for 106 RCing
which is why i said this
but it needs more iteration. as said above, SL+ auth would be fine - although imo at minimum you should need SC auth; and if there's none on, then SL+ can auth, kinda like how GOI main raid auth works
that way it only gets used for really grievous breaches w/ 106 as part of them
"oh buddy boy 076 is wandering HCZ and we cant get a d clas down there"
WHAT IS THIS? A RANDOM JR RSD WHO JUST CAME OUT OF 106???? MY MY DONT MIND IF I USE THIS MAN RIGHT HERE
tad bit silly innit
yes, because SC or SL+ would auth that

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
i'll be honest - it being SC+ doesnt change much in my opinion. it'll always be authed by them because hey, why wouldnt it?
like, it should be an ethics thing primarily because... well this would make sense as an ethics concern. like this is a good opportunity for RP for them. and then if there's no ethics on and O5 auth it in a situation where ethics wouldn't, then that can be hopefully be picked up on by ethics later and they can be like "hey, you authed this trainee to be used as 106 bait when you really shouldn't have"

this is a great opportunity

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
like, it should be an ethics thing primarily because... well this would make sense as an ethics concern. like this is a good opportunity for RP for them. and then if there's no ethics on and O5 auth it in a situation where ethics wouldn't, then that can be hopefully be picked up on by ethics later and they can be like "hey, you authed this trainee to be used as 106 bait when you really shouldn't have"

this is a great opportunity
fair

-Support
-106 Nerf
updated to +/- Neutral

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
updated suggestion to include "Additionally, this can only be Enacted with SL/SC Approval only" to the stipulation.

Crazyhorse

May 3, 2022
Hello, this rule will rewrite/add a new spin onto the rule in regards to re-containing SCP-106 (The rule is not officially written but it is classified as FailRP) and the new rule would go like this

"In times of emergency/containment breach MTF must attempt to re-contain SCP-106 using D-Class at all times However if D-Class are unable to be used in re-containment, the next lowest important personnel are used ONLY IN THE STRICTEST OF EMERGENCIES"

Basically if D-Class are unable to be grabbed and used for 106 Re-containment for a wide variety of reasons (No D Class to grab, D-Block is inhospitable due to Breaches/Chaos Insurgency, D-Class are unable to reach SCP-106s containment cell etc) then the Foundation will sacrifice a job that is not important to their operations. (Jr researchers, Trainees, Engineers, Chemists etc up the chain of Importance)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

New RP Scenarios in which Foundation have to do a heroic sacrifice for the greater good

May get abused

The pros outweigh the cons and additionally it will bring light to an obscure rule that isn't written but is still abided by

No

May get abused

GIANT -Support
All this does is Nerf 106, this rule is Extremely abusable and "Strict emergencies" is very open. SCP-106 doesnt breach for longer than the rest anyways so there is no point in doing this.

• Haha
Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
-Support still
Literally just a nerf for 106 that isn't needed at all even if "its only for emergencies"

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
-

A 106 nerf just isn't justified in the current meta. He's has the lowest-impact against skilled players and is simultaneously the most dependent on other SCPs to defend his chamber. 106 should be a threat with that singular Achilles heel; this change would make him a joke to deal with.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
GIANT -Support
All this does is Nerf 106, this rule is Extremely abusable and "Strict emergencies" is very open. SCP-106 doesnt breach for longer than the rest anyways so there is no point in doing this.
-Support still
Literally just a nerf for 106 that isn't needed at all even if "its only for emergencies"
-

A 106 nerf just isn't justified in the current meta. He's has the lowest-impact against skilled players and is simultaneously the most dependent on other SCPs to defend his chamber. 106 should be a threat with that singular Achilles heel; this change would make him a joke to deal with.
i really don't think any of you are grasping the circumstances under which this would be used -

it's not like a "oh hey, there's some SCPs out, one of them's 106, alright, let's just go throw whoever we can at the box to put him away"

this is like "there's like 6 or 7 SCPs out, one of them is 106 and we literally can't do anything about it because all the other SCPs are stopping us from getting to D-block and we also can't do anything about the other SCPs because they're working extremely well with 106 and we can't co-ordinate a proper breach response outside of just nuking the place"

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support
"It was a complete coincidence that the E11-MAJ who switched onto Jr-Researcher got kidnapped (and was EXTREMELY compliant!) and sent to 106s cell to recontain him! ! !"

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-support
"It was a complete coincidence that the E11-MAJ who switched onto Jr-Researcher got kidnapped (and was EXTREMELY compliant!) and sent to 106s cell to recontain him! ! !"
i mean they can do that as a d-class anyway, what's your point here

Status
Not open for further replies.