RMP CPT Athena NHC Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

Nov 3, 2021
RMP CPT Athena
NATO High Command application

*I would like to sincerely apologise to whoever has to read through this whole thing*

As it is recommended that each question is answered with 4-5 sentences, I am going to write a short answer at the top and add a spoiler for my actual text at the bottom for anyone who is interested in seeing my reasonings deeper (as several people yelled at me to make it shorter :mad:.)

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:109602062

Discord name:
aBlobfish#0185

For how long have you played on MRP:
3-4 months

In what country are you located?:
Finland

Time zone:
GMT +2

NATO name (regiment and rank):
RMP CPT Athena [CO-483]

USSR name (regiment and rank):
Infantry PVT USSR Main

Civilian name:
N/A

Do you have a mic?:
Yes

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
N/A

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:

-Breaking fear RP (warning) - 15/09/21 - I was a corporal and the base got attacked by a bunch of USSR. I saw them in the corner of my eye and started running while they started screaming at me. In the heat of the moment, I could not understand anyone saying fear RP and just ran back into DB.

-Job abuse (warning) - 8/10/21 - War had ended and I thought I could switch jobs since nobody was near me.

-AFK kick - 12/10/21

Do you have any experience as a high rank on MilitaryRP?:
-Civilian and police supervisor on a fivem DOJ RP server (I know this is not military, but it is still a leading role in a roleplaying community)
-Regimental commander (and of course a senior officer before this position) on a Star Wars RP
-Senior officer of RMP

List your in-game ranks on MRP:
-RMP CPT Athena

What makes you the best candidate for High Command?

I am very ambitious and dedicated as a person. If I ever set down a goal, there is nothing in the world stopping me from reaching that goal. Calling me stubborn is basically an understatement. I have high expectations for myself and people around me, and I am always looking to learn more and improve on myself. I also rarely get burned out, and am yet to actually face a burnout in a thing that I am actually dedicated to.

For experience, I have been leading RMP for several months now, and have been doing my part in server leadership by leading NATO in over ten wars now. I am usually the one picking up lead when no NHC are on to do it. I also have experience outside MRP in moderating, reg command and supervisor positions. Due to mostly leading alone, I am able to act independently and don't need other people to assist me.

Lastly, if I am picked as high command, I will most likely become the most active NHC. I am online pretty much every single day for at least a few hours, and on weekends even more. I am not planning to drop my activity when I get accepted, as other people have done.

I am most likely going to be repeating things in the next (strengths and weaknesses) question, but you have to bear with me. What sets me apart from the rest of the applicants is my rather rare strong-willed, ambitions, analytical and sharp-witted personality. I am yet to find a person able to match my unassailable ambition, never-ending thirst for knowledge and analyzation of everything around me.

I am incredibly dedicated to the things that I am interested in and will do my best to improve both myself and the people around me. A good example of my dedication is me spending two years as a server moderator on another Garry’s mod server, coming online every single day for at least a few hours. I never got promoted to the rank of admin (which arguably was based on admin bias), but that didn’t make me give up. With dedication comes ambition, which no other Slytherin is able to match (haha - Harry Potter reference). I am enormously ambitious, and once I have set down a goal, nothing is stopping me from reaching that. I have high expectations for myself and others around me, and try to find ways to improve and learn more every single day.

There’s no such thing as burnout for me. You may think this is not true and will eventually burnout as well. You may be correct, but not in the 19 years of my life have I actually experienced burnout in something I am actually dedicated to. During the aforementioned 2-year moderator experience, not at any point did I actually have a burnout from coming online to moderate every single day. The only reason I left had actually nothing to do with me but with the server owners. I actually have the bad habit of coming online too much to spend time on the server, when I know I should be doing other things as well.

I have plenty of experience in leadership (as mentioned before), and find myself sort of a natural leader. Since childhood, I have always enjoyed leading and helping the people around me. I have been leading RMP for a while now, and I can recall myself being a bit too bossy back in the rank of LCPL even. On top of leading RMP, I have led plenty of wars on the server or assisted in leading them.

I am also able to act alone without the assistance of others. I am quite independent, and when I know what I am doing, I am truly in my element. Of course I would not go against the wishes of my superiors, but I would still know how to act on my own.

And lastly, one good reason for me to be picked as high command is my activity. I am online basically every single day for at least 2 hours, and on weekends up to 8 hours (I do not have a life). Most of my time online on weekdays, I am the one leading both RMP and NATO, as no high command are online. I know this is a bold claim, but I reckon if I am accepted, I will easily become the most active high command.

Strengths:
+Thirst for knowledge: Always wanting to learn more, a perfectionist always wanting to improve.
+Very rational person, pressing logic and rationality over feelings or opinions.
+Extremely ambitious and dedicated
+Independent: able to work alone without the help of others
+Aforementioned activity
+Aforementioned natural leader

Thirst for knowledge: My friends often call me the ultimate bookworm, and I like to call myself a sponge that non-stop absorbs knowledge around them and spills it out whenever anyone mentions it. I love learning new things and I love expanding my knowledge on any topic that I find fascinating. I have an amazing memory when it comes to the things that interest me, and that is often why you can find me rambling on and on about a specific topic with the same person for hours. I love having intellectual conversations, in which I can share and learn new things from my talking partner.

With a thirst for knowledge also comes my analyzation of things. Am I an over analyzer? Most definitely. Do I care? No, I am proud of it. I am constantly analyzing things around me and keeping track of what I see. This may also be a weakness though, as my friends often tell me how I tend to think about things too deeply and too much. I am easily caught up in my thoughts thinking about something or just having a one-man debate in my head.

Rationality: I am not one to dwell on feelings; I press logic and rationality. I would rather choose the right rational answer than the answer others support. I am a problem solver, and when offering a solution to a problem, it is usually a concept that can be practically implemented and which has been backed up by real facts and evidence. I despise emotion-based decision-making, and would rather be in the right than be popular.

Ambition and dedication: Truly my greatest strength is ambition. There’s no goal that I couldn’t set and reach because the fact is, once I have put my mind to something, I am not giving up until I get there. That is why I am currently pursuing the harsh and difficult field of law with incredibly high competition. I decided I wanted to join the law field at the age of 15 and will not give up until I have reached my dream position. This also correlates to my journey in the community; I have decided to go for high command and will not give up until I am chosen (or real life law studies take the upper hand). Due to my ambition, I am very much dedicated to my goal and will work hard for it (if the length of this application doesn’t already prove it). There’s no such thing as a burnout for me.

Independent: I am able to act alone and without help. I do not need to rely on anyone else in a tough spot because I know I am able to and have been able to go work through it alone. As long as I know what I am doing and have my trusty rulebook at hand, I am very much capable of going solo.

Weaknesses:

-Lack of experience as HC
-Frustration and stress when facing disorder and lack of control, more of a plan ahead person than an improviser
-Extremely straightforward and brutally honest personality. Some people can find unnecessarily rude or even offensive.
-High expectations of myself and others around me; can become scathingly critical
-Lack of faith in other people’s abilities, quite strict overall
-Finnish stubborn ass

Though I have a handful of knowledge of being a leader, such as head moderator, civilian and police supervisor on fivem, and being a senior officer in RMP and on a star wars server, I do not have experience being in high command on any previous server. I have learnt plenty during my time both in this community and previous ones, but I still most likely do not know as much as the other NHC applicants that have spent way more time on the server. This is why I would consider my biggest weakness to be inexperience as NHC.

As mentioned before, I am a person that acts in accordance with order, rule following and control. One of the biggest weaknesses I find myself to have is the fact that I get quite stressed if I feel as if things are out of my control and disorderly. If I have no control over a situation, I can get frustrated and anxious. Same happens when things are disorderly, messy or otherwise not well organized. I hate having to act without a plan and genuinely don’t understand people who ‘just run with it’ and only think about something when they directly face it.

“Architects can get impatient with anyone who seems to value feelings more than facts, often appearing unemotional and rude when they are trying to be honest. These personalities tend to have a great deal of self-control, particularly when it comes to thoughts and feelings, as well as high expectations for themselves and the people around them. When the people in their lives fail to match their level of restraint and expectations, architects can become scathingly critical. Architects also believe that only if they do the job themselves will it be completely done. Otherwise, they express a strong doubt when somebody else takes responsibility.” Whether or not you believe in the Myers & Briggs personality theory, I find what is said about my personality type’s weaknesses to be very much correct. It is very common for people to find me rude and even offensive sometimes, despite the fact that it is never my aim. I am simply just straightforward and prefer non-sugar coated facts over emotions or opinions, which can clash with people of the opposite type. I also have high expectations for myself and other people, and I do admit to judging people who are more emotional or do not fulfill my expectations. And due to these expectations of others usually making me disappointed, I often do not want others to take my tasks, as I do not trust them to do it as well as myself.

Despite all this, the key to improvement is to acknowledge your own flaws and try to work on them. I do understand my issues (even though sometimes I still am too stubborn to accept it) and try my best to change for the better.

Last edited:

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
BIG + SUPPORT

Athena I truly believe that you're the perfect candidate for NHC I do also believe that you will be the perfect image to represent NHC.
However I believe that you're a vital part of RMP, RMP would suffer if you were to leave.

Athena

Nov 3, 2021
BIG + SUPPORT

Athena I truly believe that you're the perfect candidate for NHC I do also believe that you will be the perfect image to represent NHC.
However I believe that you're a vital part of RMP, RMP would suffer if you were to leave.

Thank you Connor! I understand your worry regarding me being an important part of RMP. I do a lot of work within RMP, but trust me, I am not the only strong pillar in this regiment. We have great senior COs (such as Sam, Lyra, Suesh and Duke) as well as fresh or soon to be COs (Vamp, Shadow and Harry) who I think are very much capable of holding RMP up if I were to leave. After all, I have put my heart and soul into training the juniors ;). Of course, my heart will always stay with RMP, and I will continue helping them as much as I can as an NHC, and in a tough spot I am always able to swoop back in.

el zapso

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Sep 4, 2021
big +rep

very active co
lead wars and has brought victories
dedicated
but does tend to yell when you mess up :(

Umbra

Blacklisted Player
Apr 3, 2021
+Support
Hello Athena, you're leading skills during my time on MRP has led me to believe that you would have no issue becoming a member of NATO High Command, your dedication to Royal Military Police shows me that you will easily be able to take time to ensure that NATO is operating correctly on a day to day basis.

Summary:

-Active in Teamspeak and In-game
-Friendly and approachable
-Has performed well in leading wars

Good luck.

Captain Rex

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 20, 2021
-Support
I am giving you -support becuse I dont think you are ready for NHC, you states that you like to work alone but being NHC is working as a team not "alone", you also states that you get angry/stressed and that you cant improves but 90% of the time being a NHC means that you need to improves during the big wars to make sure you get the win, and you need to imrpove how you act ingame/ts3 alltough you are a great RMP member some of the stuff a PVT says can get over your head and that is not very good if you are a NHC as you need to try to act proffesional most of the time. But you are still a good RMP member dont get me wrong but I would like if you could evolve in RMP for a little bit longer
+has lead some wars
+has been in RMP for a while/
+Is active

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Headbutt

Alex

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 30, 2021
England
Massive +Support

+Mature
+Active IG & TS
+Friendly

+Lead wars previously

Athena you take your job in RMP very seriously and this makes you a perfect candidate for NHS as it takes a serious mind, I cannot see a reason why you wouldn't make a good addition to the NHC team.

AverseRabbit530

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 11, 2021
Ireland
www.civilgamers.com
+Massive Support
+Leads Wars to Victory (
Most of the Time)
+True Leader
+Pretty Mature
+Commands Troops very well

Athena, I know you get a lot of stuff from JAF and They Are mostly Negative but Personally, Besides Dukem and Lyra I think you would be a great brigadier general -2nd LT John Rambo

Last edited:

Astral

Nov 18, 2021
+Chonky Support
+ Leads well in war
+Has great ambitions
+ Is all around mature

Athena, you have lead as a CO well for a while which has shown how well you cope with commanding others not only in your regiment but also in war with that seriousness require in NHC. you would fit amazingly in NHC.

Last edited:

Athena

Nov 3, 2021
-/+Support
I am giving you -support becuse I dont think you are ready for NHC, you states that you like to work alone but being NHC is working as a team not "alone", you also states that you get angry/stressed and that you cant improves but 90% of the time being a NHC means that you need to improves during the big wars to make sure you get the win, and you need to imrpove how you act ingame/ts3 alltough you are a great RMP member some of the stuff a PVT says can get over your head and that is not very good if you are a NHC as you need to try to act proffesional most of the time. But you are still a good RMP member dont get me wrong but I would like if you could evolve in RMP for a little bit longer
+has lead some wars
+has been in RMP for a while/
+Is active

Hi Rex.
I would like to clear up a few misunderstandings here.

"you states that you like to work alone but being NHC is working as a team not "alone"." I actually never state that I can't work in a team. I say I am able to work independently, but I am also able to work in a team just fine. Being independent is just a good quality I brought up specificially. Being independent doesn't zero out teamwork.

Frustration and stress doesn't equal to anger; I never say I get angry when facing such a situation. I have never gotten actually angry at anyone or anything on the server, as I think a video game shouldn't be able to anger me. Frustrated, yes. Angry, no.

I am a bit confused when you say I can't "improves" but I suppose that means improvise NOT improve? I'll clear both for you: I state that I in fact try to improve all the time. Here's a few quotes from my application: "-- will do my best to improve both myself and the people around me." and "I do understand my issues (even though sometimes I still am too stubborn to accept it) and try my best to change for the better." As you can see, I do not say "I can't improve", quite the opposite actually.

Regarding improvising, though I rather plan ahead, that DOESN'T mean I am not able to improvise. If you read over what I said again, you can see I never say I am unable to improvise. I state: "--more of a plan-ahead person than an improviser". This just means I prefer planning over improvising, but that doesn't zero out improvising as a whole. This is the same as with the acting independently part, the other doesn't remove another.

I feel as if some of these misunderstandings are due to the text not being read through with proper thought. I recommend you going over the application again regarding the things I just brought up.

Also thank you for all the "big supports" other people are giving me ??

Last edited:

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support

Every morning war that we had up against and that COs were panicking on who should lead the war you always took the mantel for that alone i can already tell that you want that W as much as the rest of us. gl

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
Big +support
+active
+friendly
+mature
+trusted (i gave the control of all my docs to you when i left)

+good leadership from what i've heard
=Key part of the RMP structure.
GL Athena -Dor

Mango

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2021
MASSIVE +Support

Hello Athena, I have seen your activity throughout MRP a lot and thus I can make a proper verdict.

Positives:

You actively demonstrate leadership and resilience, indicating that of your maturity and a forward lack of conflict within personnel. The work you complete is of high standard and thus setting a great example to your peers within the RMP. It has been demonstrated time and time again that NHC values are demonstrated in and out with you.

Negative/Concern:

RMP activity and integrity lies with you too and how you work and progress in it.

Anywho best of luck!

Kiwi

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jan 29, 2021
UK
+Support

Hello Athena,

I think you meet a lot of the qualities that we look for in high command, you're very mature and know how to deal with situations as I've seen first hand myself. You're application is one of the best I've seen in ages. Your leadership qualities and lead by example personality is exactly what we're looking for. You're a role model within RMP and I think you'd fit perfectly into the HC Team.

Best of luck,
NHC GEN Kiwi

Sam Montgomery

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 3, 2021
+Support

Exceptional RMP CO, very dedicated to the regiment and NATO as a whole. Is constantly active, consistently taking up roles leading war when she is called upon, takes initiative to try and make things the best they can be and is very reliable.

She is more than ready for a role within NHC and would make a fine addition.

- RMP MAJ Sam Montgomery

Beskar

Mar 1, 2021
+support
You’re friendly and mature, you step up to lead wars when HC is not around, decent leadership, lastly good application.

Best of luck, athena

I am now Finnished with my verdict

Matt Taylor

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 22, 2021
-SUPPORT
-Disrespectful and also forcing people with orders
-Not useful leading
-Screams if not given way

-Disrespectful with people who don't follow orders
-Doesn't listen to people's advice

I just think if you respected people more and also listened to peoples orders more it will increase morale and if people are busy e.g. fixing rosters and helping CO's please don't scream/arrest people.

Be more kind and respectful I don't think you deserve it right now-Matt Taylor/Soviet Matt Borris

Status
Not open for further replies.