Denied /roll tweaks

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffeatus

Apr 1, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
- Move /roll command output to /looc layer of the chat.
- Add cooldown to /roll.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I have not seen similar suggestions.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-The problem is i cannot see other player's rolls through the wall or door. Moving the rolls to LOOC layer allows players to see rolls through walls and doors. This way player that demands the roll can always see what others rolled regardless of the circumstances.

-3 seconds cooldown will prevent spamming (i.e. "accidental" re-roll)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
I do not see any gameplay and roleplay downsides of these features.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
QoL update.

Edit: I deleted a adjustable cooldown timer part of the suggestion. It really is unnecessary.

Not so long ago i finished Baldur's Gate 3. I decided to add to a boring 173 CC cleaning a little more gamble.
Two watcher D-class had to roll 8/20 to pass a blink check. They had to roll every ~7 seconds. If D fails a roll - 173 kills him. (now i think for one of them to die, they both had to fail a skill check at the same time)
A cleaner D-class had to roll 12/20 to clean the wall of CC, with a 12 seconds cooldown. He had to successfully roll infront of every wall of CC to complete the event.

As usual it didn't go as planned. One of watcher Ds rolled 7/20 first try :LOL: and was killed.
In the end everyone liked to play this way, and i can't wait to try it again.

The problems that i stumbled during the test were: i was a researcher, i did not see the rolls when behind armored glass in observation room. I could not understand what happened, why D was killed so soon (because i could not see his pathetic roll :p), so i was confused and didn't know how to act.

Last edited:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
makes general sense; even though roll contests decide a bunch of IC things, the rolls themselves shouldn't be IC? since they're like an outer layer anyway. but also i agree when it comes to actually being able to see them in all circumstances, important information should always be as clear as possible

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
-support

roll results are text im pretty sure it travels through walls like just typing in chat. The main use of rolls is interrogation or deathroll gambling. Things that are already done face to face. A cooldown is unnecessary.

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Coffeatus ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Having a cooldown is unnecessary if people are spamming it they should be dealt with by staff. Having /roll results in its own text area makes it easier to distinguish it from other text.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.