Rosalyns staff application (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalyn 'Vrda'

Jul 15, 2023
York
Original Steam login name: e9_vrda

How many hours of playtime do you have?: 150 hours.

In what country are you located?: United Kingdom
Time zone: BST

Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): NU-7 LCPL Rosalyn 'Vrda' / Captain Rosalyn 'Vrda' Leigh
Chaos name (include your rank): "Vrda" No rank as I never played, just made character.
Civilian name: Chester Leigh

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:780113504
Discord ID: azaeleah
Do you have a mic?: Yes
What server are you applying for? SCP-RP UK
Is this the first application you made? Yes
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
No, I am all clear.
-
Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:
I have been staff members on other gaming communities but none on gmod. This includes running my own small servers in the past. So I have experience with staffing as a whole, such as interaction with players and maintaining a healthy server, but nothing specific to gmod and its workings.
-
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
Before coming to gmod I did serious scp-rp using discord servers. This was all in written work and gave me a good general knowledge of scp and role play as a whole. I have been doing written role play for a number of years as it is something I've enjoyed since being a child.
-
How many hours can you be on everyday?:
It varies depending on my workload with my job in person (I work four 10 and a half hour shifts a week). I am usually on at night on weekdays. I will be having one weekday where I can play throughout the day and weekends I have been known to have upwards of 12 hours playtime. Ultimately somewhere between 2-14 hours
-
Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:
I have put a lot of thought into becoming a staff member as I wanted to make sure I was ready and confident to step in and help people before I applied. My leadership skills were something people highlighted as needing improvement so over the past month I have been working as hard as I can in and out of character to improve this before applying.
Since joining I have met some amazing people and made lasting connections. It wouldn't have been possible to have an enjoyable experience and make these connections if it wasn't for the staff available to guide me through every step setting up the server and helping throughout and I would love to be that person for other people. I've been doing the best I can as a player but I've been working on myself, my role play and my interactions with people and I believe I am ready to progress to being a member of staff.
-

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server?

I think there are two main things I'd particularly be able to help with on the server.

The first is that I am online late night/early hours of the morning when at most there tends to be one or two members of staff on. I've noticed these members of staff are often faced with a very large work load due to the amount of trolls and rule breakers that come on when numbers drop and sometimes when there isn't a member of staff online things just get even worse.
During these times I would be happy to step up in helping staff deal with sits and situations as well as being an active player that can help new players joining to learn the rules and have an enjoyable experience.

The second way is I am a very sociable person and I don't have any issues with anyone, Sometimes it comes across as there is a slight disconnect between staff and players and I've heard a lot of feedback from players about this, I would like to limit this as much as possible. I'm patient and happy to hear out both sides of stories as well as plenty of experience (Even on CN) de-escalating situations where people are becoming aggressive towards each other out of character.

-
Why are you special over the other applicants?:

I guess the only thing that could set me aside from other applicants is my eagerness to learn and generally friendly nature. I love learning new things and meeting new people, I'm happy improve when and where needed. I love the server and the people in it and I want to do my all to protect that experience for anyone that may join.

McFlurry

Feb 7, 2023
+Support

Active on the server
Committed, has CL4 position
Good interactions

Jamal Dingle

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Event Team
May 14, 2022
+ Support

- Active
- Very nice and friendly
- Previous Experience

- Could use some more playtime, leaves me unsure on your rule knowledge

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
+Support

+Decent Interactions
-Has a fish from a fair

Gave SAMP flashbacks...

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
Hey @Rosalyn 'Vrda' ,

+Support

-Active
-Friendly
-Only positive and friendly interactions.
-Application

Hope to see you on the staff team soon. Good luck with your application.

Best of luck,
Holland

Bucket

Aug 14, 2023
+SUPPORT
+ Very friendly, great to roleplay with
+ Active
+ Good knowledge of SCP lore

Might be worth learning your way around light containment a bit though :LOL:

Sven Sky

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Feb 8, 2022
Application Accepted

Hi @Rosalyn 'Vrda' ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, please join the Interview Waiting Room in TeamSpeak and put "Waiting for Interview" in your name so we can proceed with the next stage of the process.​

Status
Not open for further replies.