Denied RP rules on non-playable GOIs (Serpant's Hand, AWCY, etc.)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds the written rules for GOIs that are not technically playable, namely the Serpant's Hand. That way players who want to play/act like a Serpant's Hand member can properly RP as that faction, while not directly using it as an excuse to break rules. I know it was or is an issue with players using "I'm serpants hand!" as an excuse to RDM Foundation personnel, but I also believe it adds a massive layer of additional RP between GOIs, and the Foundation.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Proper understanding of the RP extent allowed
+ Encouragement of proper GOI RP
+ No more excuses, or requiring Server Leadership to step in
+ Interesting dynamic for someone's character, as well as punishment(s) if they decide to go that route(such as name-changes or PK's maybe)
+ Additional tribunals IF inappropriate GOI members are captured or discovered by IC means(such as SH)
+ Additional RP IF inappropriate GOI members are discovered in other playable GOI factions (such as SH in GOC, or GOC finding SH in Foundation/CI)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Needs to be written & discussed by SL/NL
- New players may find it more difficult to properly make a backstory without reading rules(maybe?)
- Players may or may not want punishments around these background stories(such as NPK/PK's), however punishments can be lightened or removed IF SL/NL wish since it'd just be written rules rather than gameplay functions.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I know recently SL had to say that nobody can play or RP as SH, or use it as an excuse to RDM others, however I believe it can add a lot of additional RP, namely with the GOC v Foundation arguments. I think the concept can be very very fun, but needs to be executed a specific way to make it properly engaging and fun, rather than a simple excuse to RDM or do things you character wouldn't normally.

Reactions: DaveDogs

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi @Kito,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because those GOIs are not official to the server and should only be used for events that are done by Staff or Gamemasters.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.