Denied Rule Addition/Change

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AzraelAODTR

Nov 13, 2022
Addition to rules regarding what counts as an illegal weapon for cops to arrest, I think that if it's a spawn weapon, it's not really fair to arrest that individual for passing a high traffic metal detector as if they're just getting on the server and immediately getting arrested because there's some guy playing as cop trying to grind easy XP by immediately arresting those people and they have to follow FearRP.

+support

please make it illegal for cops to arrest you for spawn weapons

earlier today some police put metal detectors on both sides of the bounty hunter pathway thing. now bounty hunters spawn with door charges, and this sets off the metal detectors, so they effectively had no way to see bounties, meaning their job was pretty much useless.

eliaspm

Jul 23, 2023
- support

cops can't keep track of what are and aren't spawn weapons and if they add so that spawn weapons don't show up as illegal item it would allow a lot of stupid situations where cop search someone and think they have no weapons but then they pull out a pistol.

Reactions: sahns
it's not really fair to arrest that individual for passing a high traffic metal detector as if they're just getting on the server and immediately getting arrested because there's some guy playing as cop trying to grind easy XP by immediately arresting those people and they have to follow FearRP.
suggestion sounds like it was made while you were still jailed after this had happened to you.

A simple fix to this, don't go through medal detectors. It's also been over 24 hours and you still haven't changed to the format, lol.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Addition to rules regarding what counts as an illegal weapon for cops to arrest, I think that if it's a spawn weapon, it's not really fair to arrest that individual
This has always been within the rules and we have no intention of changing it. Just because you spawn with a weapon doesn't mean it's not illegal. That's one of the drawbacks of getting a free gun. Saying "I spawned with it I'm gonna call an admin omg" isn't RP.

Checkpoints require staff approval, while just placing down a metal detector currently falls into a grey area. That might need adjustment, but currently I don't intervene unless I see an area has been completely blocked off by metal detectors. In 99% of cases that I've seen where Bounty Hunters complain about this, for example, there's been ways into the bounty tunnel that avoid the metal detector, and they just haven't wanted to walk the long way around.

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
Suggestion Denied

Hi @AzraelAODTR

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The suggestion, in an RP sense, makes little sense. If you have an illegal firearm then in roleplay it is something that can cause you to be arrested. Metal detectors should not be placed in such a way where these jobs are locked out from playing the server, if this is the case you can always report it to staff. Also, in the future please use the linked suggestion format, I'll let it off this time as the format was only recently posted.

This will now be locked, moved, and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.