Denied [Rule Addition] Using tanks in a mission

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumble

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Jan 21, 2021
ur closet
thatsthefinger.com
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Add a rule to stop 17th/1st using tanks in a briefcase capture mission. JAF/1st recently did a briefcase mission in which JAF were completely trapped inside a building at East Town, being camped by a 1st tank. There was no way for us to leave unless we bombarded the tanks with smokes and ran away as quickly as possible.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Improves RP & balances regiments/factions.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
17th/1st might be annoyed that they dont have an unfair advantage

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Positives outweigh negatives

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Kvalax

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jan 13, 2022
O-Block
+Support

Also made this suggestion when we were on Afghan but got denied so good luck.

Helios

May 15, 2022
+Support

Currently JAF/SWB are not allowed to bomb during peacetime as that would break server rules, so this puts JAF (A regiment with no AT capabilities while on ground) defenceless during these missions.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
-support as AOR who has no AT at all we know how to dodge tanks with our shields and try to still be sneaky and rush with a gaz

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
-Support
You know they are risking it as apple said and also you have something called grenades and BTR 80A.
Having a skill issue with completing a mission dosen't make a rule addition needed.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
+support

Taking a tank out to capture a briefcase is overkill to begin with. Sure there's a slim chance of losing it, but against a single isolated regiment that's almost never going to happen.

Bumble

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Jan 21, 2021
ur closet
thatsthefinger.com
For everyone saying "you can just use grenades and AT4s", its really not that simple.

Firstly, most regiments dont have access to AT4s..
Secondly, I'm sure you're aware the briefcase spawns inside a building for the mission. This means tanks can camp the building and stop us from entering/leaving. So 'dodging tanks with shields' or 'be sneaky' has literally no effect.
Lastly, it may just be my poor driving but everytime I deploy a Oshkosh to combat a T90 1:1 it usually doesn't turn out very well for me.
Grenades also have little effect on tanks.

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
Suggestion Denied

Hi Bumble, Your suggestion has been denied.

I have put the suggestion to a changevote and the outcome favors not adding this rule, due to this I will have to deny this suggestion.

Regards.​

Status
Not open for further replies.