Sachimii Exec Application [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sachimii

Feb 27, 2024
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:148609479
Discord name: Sachimii
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Approximately 115 hours, if the achievement is to be believed. I started playing at the start of 2024.
In what country are you located?: The United Kingdom
Time zone: GMT / UTC+0
Character name(s): Tony "Garruzo" Garruzo
Civilian name: Giuseppe Barilano
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
None.
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One warn for toxicity - I insulted a moderator ooc after a mistaken ruling.
-
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
Of all the time I have spent in CN SCPRP, the vast majority has been within RSD in one role or another - with the occasional jaunt to the other divisions to get my levels in and find my niche. I've settled within the Research division for two reasons. Reason one is that the Research division has an extreme amount of potential when it comes to making good, interesting RP scenarios. Reason two is that I'm bad at combat. Executive Researchers are what I consider the sweet spot for being able to drive this engaging type of RP forwards; enough authority to manage projects and create RP through delegation to more junior personnel, but not so much as to get bogged down in the beauacracy of managing the entire department - you can leave that to the heads.
-
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I'm a solid roleplayer with a good grasp on the lore of both the server and wider SCP community in general. I'm very adept at the kind of clinical writing required for RSD documentation, as I've done writing for "SCP-esque" projects in the past. I'm very collaborative, most of my big project work always being done with at least one other researcher, to help facilitate RP. I also already am a project lead IC as a senior researcher and have taken steps to get other departments involved, such as the medical dept. I'm active and communicative, and consider myself pretty well-known amongst most of the active community.
-
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
Zero excellent-graded documents, though not for a lack of trying. Grading issues have resulted in a few documents of mine going (to my knowledge) ungraded, though I do believe their quality is more then up to par for an excellent rating. As for the second question, an excellent document is the sum of a unique premise combined with a detailed and professional execution. The largest part of it is structuring - ensuring that the lean detail of the study is properly organized and categorized, whilst reducing fluff to a minimum. Aside from that, there needs to be a clear record of all the actions taken within the study. Omitting critical information, not following the format, and using an inappropriate tone for the documents are a quick way to get their quality bumped down.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
Executive Researchers are leaders, advisors, and teachers. Their role is to assist the department leadership with efficient delegation of research projects, and assist the more junior staff with any issues in regards to carrying out said research. On the junior side, they may help with ensuring documentation is done properly via grading and feedback, they may authorize and oversee SCP testing to ensure they're being done to the correct standard. They may gather and forward potential disciplinary action suggestions to the Dept. Heads or to IA depending on type/severity. On the leadership side, they may be responsible for long-term projects, with which they delegate certain aspects to a team of researchers, they may assist in refining research protocol; advising on the best course of action with their experience in the labs. Overall, they act as a paragon of what the RSD strives for, and an example for the more junior staff to follow.
-
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Dr. T. Garruzo, Roboticist.
After a blazing student career at MIT, with exemplary grades in computer science, engineering, and robotics, Dr. Garruzo was set to be one of the leading researchers in a quickly burgeoning field, perhaps working at a defence contactor developing drones, or a more specialized research institute like Boston Dynamics. Instead of the mundane, however, the supernatural world saw fit to claim his knowledge, and he was hired on as a Junior Researcher for the SCP Foundation. Site-76, Robotics Division. As a member of the SCP Foundation, Dr. Garruzo's personnel file lists him as an aloof, eccentric, often unserious individual. These qualities would make him unfit to work at a Site, except for when he's set to work on a research project, these qualities seem to flip. He becomes clinical, driven, prepared to do what it takes to learn the truth.

As the months went by, Dr. Garruzo quickly rose the ranks at Site-76, securing for himself a Senior Research position, and oversight over a few minor projects related to his field. It was at this time, during a minor breach of a reality-affecting entity, that Dr. Garruzo discovered he had an unpleasant reaction to the deployment of combat-rated SRA's. A few medical checkups later, and Dr. Garruzo became an official Foundation Thaumatologist, in some respect. Due to security concerns around the interaction between a (relatively untrained) Thaumatologist, brought on by a few security incidents in his presence, it was deemed necessary to transfer Dr. Garruzo away from Site-76. So they did, to Site-65. Where he has, so far, maintained his position as a Senior Researcher and Thaumatologist. Perchance this stability is set to change, now. Perchance.

Reactions: Vxnt and Jackie3

Vxnt

Jun 5, 2022
+Support
Well known within research department
A lack of excellents, but with more than fair reasoning
And I, perchance, think they should get executive perchance.

Will 'Sentinel'

Jan 16, 2023
+Support

My interactions with you within Research have been nothing but positive, I wish you the best of luck.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
+Garruzzo

Legend has it, a 008 instance voluntarily self terminated to avoid a breach because it would interrupt Tony Garruzo's lunch break

Engallagher K. Ludenberg

Feb 14, 2024

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of Directors of Research.

Greetings, @Sachimii

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request.

This request has been put on hold. A further investigation must be conducted in order to understand what actions should be taken with this role reassignment. We will review this request as soon as the further investigation is closed. We will be in contact shortly.

Yours sincerely,
Director of Research,
Dr. Engallagher Kazimieras Ludenberg

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Engallagher K. Ludenberg

Feb 14, 2024

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the Directors of Research.

Greetings, @Sachimii

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Yours sincerely,
Director of Research,
Dr. Engallagher Kazimieras Ludenberg

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.