Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): Sarah Stevens
Civilian name: Karen Stevens
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Executive Researcher (Reserve)
- Site Advisor (Holding)
- Trained Internal Affairs Agent (Holding)
- CI - A (Held)
- 096 Whitelist
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- One for Toxicity months ago, but none since.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?

Its a position I have wanted to take on however the opportunity has never been open long enough for me to apply for it. I have a lot of love for the research department and I really want to see it thrive, its the reason I stayed in my position of executive as long as I did. I've missed the department so much, its been such a core part of my experience on this server and I think this is the right step for me to take. Despite being a Site Advisor currently, the position is open and if I don't apply now, who knows when the next slot will open.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?

I've been in the research department pretty much constantly since I first came on site and because of this I believe I have extensive experience in research. I have a good history of well planned and thorough experiments, the majority of these having documentation to back them up. Recently I've gained administrative experience, albeit not much due to joining at the start of the month, but something is better than nothing. I believe I have good relations with most of the site but most importantly with those within the research department. Even whilst I've been a Site Advisor I've made an active effort to continue communicating with the department and have still attempted to attend as much of the weekly meetings as I can, even if that means joining for a few minutes towards to end. I also have a good understanding of the Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics and have had experience in enforcing these through my role as an Internal Affairs agent. I've had a few leadership roles within the foundation (Site Advisor, Executive Researcher) and have thrived within these environments, I believe I would do the same in the role of Director of Research.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

The Director of Research oversees the entire department of research, they approve or deny executive researchers and conduct any interviews needed. They also have to make sure that the researchers are doing their job, and if executives aren't available they will sometimes partially take on their duties too. The Director of Research meets up with other departmental leads and discusses onsite issues regarding research and anything else inter-departmental. They also approve tests when necessary as some tests cant be approved by executives alone. They have to teach, train and guide executive researchers and help them when needs be due to them being their main point of contact. Directors also have to create and revise policies within the department to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

> File: Personnel File: Sarah Stevens
> Access File?
> File Loading . . .
> File Accessed By [REDACTED]

> Name: Sarah Stevens
> Age: 25
> Gender: Female
> Born: [REDACTED], England
> Current Position: Exec. Researcher
> Arrived on site [REDACTED]/August/2022
> Education: BSc Hons [Attempted Masters, However joined foundation]
> Photo: [Unavailable]

Mother: [Redacted] [Deceased] | Father: [Redacted][Alive]
Siblings: [Redacted] and [Redacted] [Both Alive]

> Mother killed by [REDACTED]. Sarah witnessed it [Amnesticated]. No knowledge of the event. Seems content.
> Not close with either of her siblings. Does not mention them.
> Consistent interest in the sciences. Attended university studying chemistry. Graduated with 1:1.
> Began working on creating compounds. Came across [REDACTED] and became flagged by the foundation.
> Offered position at the foundation. Agreed.

Sarah Stevens was born on [REDACTED] in [REDACTED], England. She is the middle child between and older sibling, [REDACTED], and a younger sibling, [REDACTED]. She has always had a more 'bossy' side to her, much to the dismay of her siblings. Despite this she was always considered a rather happy and social sibling, at least until [REDACTED] when her Mother was killed by SCP-[REDACTED]. Sarah witnessed the event and despite being amnesticated it seemed to change her regardless. She was still quite social however there was always an edge to what she said. One thing that stuck with her though was this unshakable interested in the Sciences. She began pursuing the subject of Chemistry in Highschool, even spending her free time reading up on the latest discoveries and learning about all the past ones. This infatuation caused her to become really quite reclused, she stopped interacting with those around her and much preferred the company of her studies or a book.

Once Highschool was over, Sarah moved into Central London to study Chemistry and graduated with honours. Her time at University she had managed to land herself a job at a nearby lab working with new compounds and trying to create cures for the ever resilient illnesses we deal with daily. One fateful day, Sarah was looking over a new batch of compounds that had been delivered to the lab and had come across what we know as SCP-[REDACTED]. She began testing on this compound as she had not seen something with this make-up before. She thought it would make her famous. The best of the best. Respected. Her testing was of course flagged by the foundation who had been trying to locate SCP-[REDACTED] for the past day. Sarah had managed to discover that SCP-[REDACTED] had the properties to [REDACTED] and was about to submit her reports on this substance when [REDACTED] approached her with an offer she couldn't quite refuse.

> Log #1842 [Sarah Stevens - [REDACTED]]
> Access File?
> Loading . . .
> File Accessed By: [REDACTED]

>Log Begins
> Sarah Stevens: I'm not entirely sure you should be here, this is private property.
> [REDACTED]: I think you should take a seat, Ms. Stevens.
> S. Stevens: Right. And who are you exactly?
> Rustling can be heard as Stevens sits down on a chair.
> [REDACTED]: I see you've taken quite an interest in that substance over there.
> S. Stevens: Yes. Are you familiar with it?
> [REDACTED]: All to well. You see, that substance is something we call an SCP. Specifically SCP-[REDACTED].
> S. Stevens: A [REDACTED] What???
> [REDACTED]: Calm down Ms. Stevens. I have an offer for you.
> S. Stevens: Oh?
> [REDACTED]: I'm [REDACTED] from the SCP Foundation, more specifically Site-65. We research anomalous subjects and contain those that may cause harm to civilization. We could use a brain like yours. So, Are you in or are you in?
> S. Stevens: Wait- But-
> [REDACTED]: No, you're not getting more information. Its either a yes or a no. You could research things way beyond this petty lab. You could do so much more.
> S. Stevens: Okay. I'm in.
> Log Ends.

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
+Support

+Active
+Familiar on how Researching works in depth
-Just got Site Advisor

Although You just got Site Advisor, I would think that You would do better as Director of Research due to your experience as an Executive.

Good luck!

Reactions: SS3920

Simon

Aug 27, 2021
+ BIG Support
> Active AF.
> Knows the research department better than anyone else.
> Dedicated to the department.
> Prior Sr. CL4 holder.
> Made for this role.

GOOD LUCK 'SARAH'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love

Macca

Donator
Oct 3, 2022
+Support
You may have just gotten site advisor, but there’s no doubt you will get the job done as the director of research and I wish you the best of luck!

Jonka

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Feb 14, 2021
England
+Support
+Fun to RP with
+Good Documents/Bureaucracy skills
+Active

- Doesn't like Maxwell

• Love

RedSpeeds

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Mar 15, 2022
+Support

+Active
+Familiar on how Researching works in depth
-Just got Site Advisor

Although You just got Site Advisor, I would think that You would do better as Director of Research due to your experience as an Executive.

Good luck!
+Support

Kw1ll

Apr 16, 2022
+Support

Exceeds standards, would be very suitable towards the role

dunnolikes

Nov 23, 2022
Stevens has attained plenty of experience within the Scientific Department. Being the one who brought her in, I always saw potential within her character and I am so glad to see how she has progressed within the department. Sarah has great leadership, teaching and discipline skills and would be perfect for holding the Director position. Furthermore with her experience in Site Administration she has came into the possession of management and documentation skills which would most certainly be useful towards the Scientific Department.

Sarah is competent, professional and has great intentions for the department. I would love to see her in this position co-leading the department.

Due to the reasons stated above, I will be giving Sarah Stevens a...

+Support

-Brewer

• Love

Slash

Dec 18, 2021

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████ .

Hello, @SS3920

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Reactions: Millzy
Status
Not open for further replies.