Denied SCIPNET Directory changes

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion mainly askes for changes of the IA SCIPNET directory.
This suggestion is based upon the use of the SCIPNET by the UK IA department. I am pretty sure these changes can only be applied to UK since im sure US use the directories differently. The directory / folder i am referring to: /FOUNDATION/SITE_65/DEPARTMENTS/INTERNAL_AFFAIRS/

1. /FOUNDATION/SITE_65/DEPARTMENTS/INTERNAL_AFFAIRS/OPERATION_REPORTS
The Operation Reports directory is not used by IA UK so i would like to have it removed and the documents that are in there moved to Investigation Reports. We use the Investigation reports directory and investigations are most of the time Operations.

2./FOUNDATION/SITE_65/DEPARTMENTS/INTERNAL_AFFAIRS/POLICIES_AND_PROCEDURES
Inside the Policies and Procedures Directory i would like to see 2 directories added. One called Trainings which will be used by CL4 IA to store documents and slides for training IA personnel. The other one will be called archive which will be a archive of out of date trainings or policies. This way we can easily look back at older policies in case we ever need them since its impossible to find it in the general archive directory which is cluttered with all kinds of documents without any organising.

3./FOUNDATION/SITE_65/DEPARTMENTS/INTERNAL_AFFAIRS/ARREST_RECORDS
Change the name of the directory to ARREST_REPORTS since that is consistent with the other directories and documents which are all called reports. The documents we upload to here are already called arrest reports.

additional change.
4. /FOUNDATION/SITE_65/INCIDENT_REPORT
Removal or change of this directory. This directory is not used that much and its unclear who maintains it. it is filled with a lot of different documents from all departments. like i said its not clear who maintains it or should upload there. For all departments we already have separate directories where they can organise their own documents. The Incident_report directory makes people question where they should upload it and once uploaded there its very difficult to find again.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
better organising of documents / putting them in the correct folder.
Easier for people to find what they are looking for.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
More directories to chose from when uploading documents.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
At least the first 3 changes should be applied since i think IA uses the SCIPNET the most just after the Research department. The changes make it easier for people to find documents and know where to upload them. This is just a small changes that will help IA use the SCIPNET better. The last change will also benefit other departments and CL4 since nobody knows who maintains that folder / what to upload it it. Removing it or giving each department a similar folder is better imo.

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022
Hi, just some clarification after looking into your suggestion to what is possible for us to do without access:

1. We have to sync US & UK directories in order for them to not be as bad when a major update occurs.
2. We cannot change directory names. We therefore would have to make a new directory with the new name.
3. To move documents, we will have to manually move every single document from one directory to the other

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
Hmm that kinda sucks. The Sync between US & UK in dont really get it. How exactly are they are synced? Only the directory names or everything? Its difficult for me to understand since i dont know and cant see what is behind the system. I only see the /foundation/site_65 which leads me to believe there is also a /foundation/site_56 that is unrelated.

Suggestion 3 will be of the table then since you say its currenlty not possible to change directory names (At least not in an easy and normal way)
3./FOUNDATION/SITE_65/DEPARTMENTS/INTERNAL_AFFAIRS/ARREST_RECORDS
Change the name of the directory to ARREST_REPORTS since that is consistent with the other directories and documents which are all called reports. The documents we upload to here are already called arrest reports.

For the others I would first like to know how the US and UK are synced exactly.

Goondra "Sleepy"

Dec 9, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi John
Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.
-
We understand that this would make IA folder look nicer - However the work to replace MOST of these would be very long
Plus Looking towards requise's Message - They are synced and would need US approval as well.
We believe this would be lots of work for not enough product at the end

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Angry
Reactions: John Dear
Status
Not open for further replies.