Accepted SCIPNET IA Directory changes

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
1. /FOUNDATION/SITE_65/DEPARTMENTS/INTERNAL_AFFAIRS/OPERATION_REPORTS
The Operation Reports directory is not used by IA so i would like to have it removed and the documents that are in there moved to Investigation Reports. We use the Investigation reports directory and investigations are most of the time Operations.

2./FOUNDATION/SITE_65/DEPARTMENTS/INTERNAL_AFFAIRS/POLICIES_AND_PROCEDURES
Inside the Policies and Procedures Directory i would like to see 2 directories added. One called Trainings which will be used by CL4 IA to store documents and slides for training IA personnel. The other one will be called archive which will be a archive of out of date trainings or policies. This way we can easily look back at older policies in case we ever need them since its impossible to find it in the general archive directory which is cluttered with all kinds of documents without any organising.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
better organising of documents / putting them in the correct folder.
Easier for people to find what they are looking for.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
More directories to chose from when uploading documents.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
These changes should be applied since i think IA uses the SCIPNET the most just after the Research department. The changes make it easier for people to find documents and know where to upload them. This is just a small change that will help IA use the SCIPNET better.

https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scipnet-directory-changes.16392/
Approval from USA Director since that was the reason the previous suggestion got denied. If you question this screenshot please message Harold.
1691402356946.png

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022
Suggestion Approved

Hi @John Dear,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. I will be accepting the second part of the suggestion and denying the first. This is due to the unnecessary amount of work required in order for us to transfer documents from one directory to another.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.