Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
- What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Buffs SCP-096, 682 and 966 in the following ways:
  • SCP-096 bucket durability reduced while docile (Around -30%). Allow SCP-096 to break the bucket while enraged (while maintaining the current durability). Add rule saying SCP-096 cannot intentionally stall to break his bucket. Remove photos that spawn in HCZ or other very obscure areas (Yall said youd do this two years ago)

• SCP-682 run speed & damage increased (Around +50%)

• SCP-966 damage increased very significantly (By around +200 - 300%), speed increased significantly (Around +80%). Frequency of sounds emitted reduced.

- Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I know of for these changes specifically. (Except for some of 096s changes I believe a very long time ago)

- Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Enhanced playability of these SCPs

+ SCPs become more worth paying/applying for

- Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Increased frustration in dealing with these SCPs

- Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I feel like the SCPs that I mentioned, for what they are, simply are not worth playing much especially SCP-966.

SCP-096 is an application-based SCP, yet is regarded as one of the least powerful/fun SCPs in the server in many situations because of how easy he is to counter. For one, any player in the server can grab a bucket from one of the three high-traffic areas with zero cooldown and zero limits to how many buckets can be active at once. For two, SCP-096 is very simple to counter. Once E-11 gets informed of the 096 picture being found, they can lockdown HCZ bulkheads, run to the bucket across from 049s chamber, place it on 096s head while he breaks the bulk,, then open the bulkhead again. Now 096 only has one maybe two targets and his breach ends within two or three minutes with one or two kills. And for three, SCP-096s bucket is extremely durable for being unable to do damage to it while enraged. You have to spam G for around 5 minutes straight, so even if you're in D Block or EZ, you won't ever break your bucket before you reach HCZ where everybody already has scrambles and every player in the server has a bucket ready to replace it within an instant. The only exception to this is if SCP-096 makes it very far into the surface, or inside D-Block where people actively protect him for the full 5 minutes successfully. These scenarios are extremely uncommon, and are both easy to counter with organization.

SCP-682 is a Keter-class SCP, often referred to as one of the deadliest animate SCPs that the Foundation has, and also costs over $80 to play. Even in the server, SCP-682 is one of the three Level-4 SCPs in the entire server. Despite all this, SCP-682 is not often thought of as a threat. 682 is an extremely large target, making him very easily countered by energy weapons, augers, LMGs, etc. His HP can often be drained by the tens of thousands within seconds because he is so easy to hit and because of his speed not being much faster than a normal player. He can't dodge the bullets due to his size, and he often can outrun the damage he takes because of his speed. While he does have an ability to stun people, 9 times out of 10, there's still other people who were not stunned using high-powered weapons to continuously drain his HP. This is all noticeable when he breaches, as he often gets contained within the first 10 minutes unless it's a massive breach where he has significant support from other powerful SCPs. And even then, his HP is typically the first to go down below 10% within the first 5 minutes. For such an expensive SCP who is supposed to be considered one of the most dangerous SCPs on the site with Level-4 security, he's weak.

SCP-966 is the worst of the three, and I have yet to hear of anyone who has ever played him more than once. SCP-966 costs money to play and is a Euclid SCP inside HCZ, yet is weaker than 173, 457, and 912. SCP-966 is supposed to have a playstyle where he stays in more isolated areas and assassinates lone people or small groups, acting as a support SCP to kill people stealthily. However, this is not how SCP-966 goes at all. He gets 8,000 HP, the same exact run speed as a normal human job, and does around 25 HP per hit with a 2 second cooldown or so per hit. Not to mention, SCP-966 takes significant knockback and becomes visible for around 5 seconds with each hit (despite anyone being able to get NVGs and see him constantly), along with the near constant sounds he emits that alerts everybody around him that he's breached and nearby. With all of this in mind, SCP-966 can lose up to 25% of their HP from trying to kill one single person with a decent gun who is completely alone. It can take up to 4 - 6 hits to kill one person with full armor and HP which takes significant time to do. Overall, SCP-966 can't actually do anything other then get maybe two or three kills before being decimated. He's not even able to flee or catch up to anyone because of his slow speeds. SCP-966 is honestly worse than SCP-049-2.

Overall, SCP-096 is extremely easy to counter. All you need is E-11 to have some semblance of organization and activity. SCP-682s HP can be easily drained within seconds and still has a hard time catching up to people, and SCP-966 can't get more than around three kills because he deals laughably low damage and is laughably slow, and has multiple methods of being detected and countered instantly. These SCPs are far weaker than they should be. SCP-096 is application based and simply unfun, 682 cost 80 dollars, is a Keter SCP, and is one of the three SCPs behind Level-4 doors, and SCP-966 is weaker than 173, 912, and 457 despite being a paid Euclid SCP in HCZ and is not able to meet his niche at all with the tools provided.

Last edited:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
SCP-096 bucket durability reduced while docile (Around -30%)
Allow SCP-096 to break the bucket while enraged (while maintaining the current durability).
yeah so, i think this functionality is intentional because while enraged, you can break doors - and it's the same button.
Add rule saying SCP-096 cannot intentionally stall to break his bucket.
...or you know... just have it go down by itself or make it a toggle to facilitate this. i swear some of my keys are gonna be worn down specifically because i have to keep using them unnecessarily for shit like this
least powerful/fun SCPs in the server
skill issue, 096 is crazy fun. i do like your buff ideas though.
however i'm pretty sure there is a planned rework for 096, not too sure about that

i do otherwise agree with your points - i did have a(nother) 096 suggestion planned out, but your ideas do not clash with mine.
+Support

KingViper115

May 2, 2023
+Support

Would be nice if type green inversion actually works as well , why would I pay 20 pounds only for a one of abilities not to work correctly ?

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
yeah so, i think this functionality is intentional because while enraged, you can break doors - and it's the same button.

...or you know... just have it go down by itself or make it a toggle to facilitate this. i swear some of my keys are gonna be worn down specifically because i have to keep using them unnecessarily for shit like this

skill issue, 096 is crazy fun. i do like your buff ideas though.
however i'm pretty sure there is a planned rework for 096, not too sure about that

i do otherwise agree with your points - i did have a(nother) 096 suggestion planned out, but your ideas do not clash with mine.
+Support
Ma'am I do not have a skill issue when my picture spawns in the asscrack of Lower HCZ where a single person happens to see it and I get beamed instantly :(

(Or using the bulkhead method I mentioned which is something I've been trying to teach USA E-11 to do more often because Im a masochist. For legal reasons the masochist part is a joke.)

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Ma'am I do not have a skill issue when my picture spawns in the asscrack of Lower HCZ where a single person happens to see it and I get beamed instantly :(

(Or using the bulkhead method I mentioned which is something I've been trying to teach USA E-11 to do more often because Im a masochist. For legal reasons the masochist part is a joke.)
yeah i agree that some 096 breaches aren't fun, but like sometimes you do just get really good breaches

also funny DEA agent

funny DEA agent 2

XThomas

Aug 21, 2022
US
+i agree with 966 in some aspects. but he does well in my eyes, he can legit walk through doors. his damage seemed fine when i played him. but again i guess it depends whom plays the scp as well.

+682 does need some kinda love i never really see the scp being used or ever out half the time.

-096 is fine the way he is. its legit a play style. and as some have stated it depends on whom ur breached or how ur breached to begin with.

Boris Johnson

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023
+Support

These SCP's need a buff for sure,

you shouldn't be able to block a door and stick a bucket on 096 head whilst he's enraged, makes no sense what so ever.

682 needs a buff, he should automatically force a code black when breached, but he's crap so he doesn't.

966 is very bad, nobody plays him because he simply sucks.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
096 I agree needs some sort of buff, maybe have it so hid picture spawn in not hcz. 682 doesn't need a buff really, he already got one in that he's got a smaller model and hitbox recently. As for 966 the changes you suggest would make him 2 maybe even 3 hit and I think considering you need nvgs it'd make it really annoying. 966 is more of a causing havoc scp than a killing one

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
096 I agree needs some sort of buff, maybe have it so hid picture spawn in not hcz. 682 doesn't need a buff really, he already got one in that he's got a smaller model and hitbox recently. As for 966 the changes you suggest would make him 2 maybe even 3 hit and I think considering you need nvgs it'd make it really annoying. 966 is more of a causing havoc scp than a killing one
SCP-966 becomes visible for around 3 - 5 seconds when he hits. His footsteps are also very audible and he emits loud sounds very frequently that confirm his presence near you. If you try to play 966 now and try to kill a lone person, you'll likely lose up to 1000 HP from that one person if theyre using a high caliber weapon before you kill them even if they didnt have NVGs. For being a stealth-based SCP, its near impossible to be stealthy in his current state.

As for 682, while he isnt the worst SCP in the game, I dont think he's nearly as good as he should be. Like I said, he costs 80 bucks just to play him and is locked behind Level-4 doors. The only other SCPs locked behind Level-4 doors are ones with extreme destructive capabilities like 079 and 008, which are top priorities for E-11 to contain. 682 however is negligible and not nearly as high of a priority. Even if his model/hitbox was reduced recently, he's still the largest SCP in the server and very easy to hit. It's still extremely difficult to dodge damage as 682 because of your size and speed.

+i agree with 966 in some aspects. but he does well in my eyes, he can legit walk through doors. his damage seemed fine when i played him. but again i guess it depends whom plays the scp as well.

+682 does need some kinda love i never really see the scp being used or ever out half the time.

-096 is fine the way he is. its legit a play style. and as some have stated it depends on whom ur breached or how ur breached to begin with.
SCP-966 I mentioned above. When I played him, he only did around 20 - 25 damage and it took several hits to damage anyone and I took very significant damage despite them being alone and me trying to dodge it. It became much less manageable when people put on NVGs.

SCP-096 has very niche moments where he's good. The other day as 096 I managed to get into D-Block and get trapped in there with around 20 D-Class who all served me like a god. I breached for an hour at that point and it was fun. Then E-11 took a moment to organize themselves and they managed to get me. However these scenarios aren't that common. All of the counters I mentioned (Closing bulkheads and getting buckets, a picture spawning in HCZ or some other terrible area, etc) can easily stop an 096 breach and make it very unfun. Nobody wants to wait an hour+ in an empty cell just to be countered and contained in 5 minutes.

(sorry for the long ass message, enjoy reading comprehension class)

Reactions: XThomas

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
I think instead of having set spawn locations the picture for 096 should spawn near people instead. It'll guarantee one person seeing it at the very least.

"Ghost"

Nov 20, 2023
As an E-11 I thought I through my hat into the ring on talking about this. So...

SCP-096:
+Support Reduce Bucket Durability, in most cases he's back in containment before the bucket even breaks.
-Support Break While Enraged, wouldn't be able to break doors if same key and also he disregards everything in favour of killing his target.
+/- Support Cannot Intentionally Stall, already a rule basically, must run directly to target and kill.
+Support Stupid 096-2 Spawn Locations. I liked the suggested idea of having his image of appearing on screens instead of the picture.
Notes: 096 Gameplay loop is fast, violent but easy to combat, fits his file pretty well. Tho due to the way he operates imo it should work outside of the standard breach queue systemn to make it easier to both be breached or to train people to avoid breaching him. (I.E the screen idea, screens start flickering for a few minutes then an 096 picture appears [possibly caused by power failure issues], allows for more common breach opportunities but more counter-play also [Tech Experts could repair the signs to stop it from happening]. Just an idea, not very refined tho)

SCP-682:
+Support Speed Increase, maybe not quite 50% more but more about 25%, currently very easy to outrun with chems and such
-Support Damage Increase, Already 1-2 Shots most jobs, 1 Hit Kill on all would be annoying to play around.
Notes: Still challenging to face atm, but is rather reliant on others to help him at range or in open environments

SCP-966:
+Major Support on Damage, best way to play 966 is pick people off in a way that you don't get noticed quickly, cos then it's all just downhill
-Support on Speed, Slightly faster than default would suffice. Remember he can still go through all doors so can easily catch people who get stuck at a door.
+/- Support on Sounds, quietening them would do, if damage is increased it would be much harder for him to be identified as breached.
Notes: 966 Sucks, literally lowest of the low in priority cos he's next to no threat, should be buffed deffo.

Status
Not open for further replies.