Denied SCP-096 Bucket Nerf & Toggle

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Nerfs the amount of hits it takes to take off the bucket for SCP-096 by half.
Removes the need to tap G constantly to take the bucket off, and adds turns it into a toggle (Press G once, it begins to break automatically. Press G again to cancel).
Removes the ability to drop buckets
Removes collision from 096, similar to SCP-999

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not sure. This suggestion goes into detail on the why this should be done, the tactics used by E-11 to easily contain 096, etc.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ SCP-096 becomes more fun and viable to play

+ Less strain on players fingers

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- SCP-096 becomes more challenging to contain.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Right now, SCP-096 is often not very fun to play. He may be unique which invites people to play him more often, but for a whitelisted SCP, he's weak and boring in most scenarios. You sit in a dark empty cell for up to 2+ hours before you can finally breach and have some player interaction and fun. However, unlike most SCPs, SCP-096 is not even guaranteed a breach no matter how long they wait. And in the event they do get to breach, SCP-096 is still not very likely to experience a fulfilling or impactful breach like other SCPs. The main reasons for this are the poor picture spawns, people dying before 096 reaches them, and most of all; the bucket.

The Bucket used to contain SCP-096 is extraordinarily easy to get for everybody. The entire server can grab a bucket from every zone or part of the map no matter what. They could be a chef, a combat medic, or a tech expert. To add on to this, people can drop the bucket and spam them in another specific location until they despawn, and the bucket can be used at any time by anybody with extreme ease. A common tactic now is to close the HCZ bulkhead before 096 escapes the zone, grab a bucket, put it on him, and open the bulkhead again. Even without this tactic, the HCZ elevators take so long to be called, 096 is a sitting duck at those points too. And just like that, his entire breach is ruined and he will be put back into a dark empty room. For how easy it is to do these tactics and how quite literally anybody in the server can very quickly and easily grab a bucket and scrambles then put it on 096 then follow him, it is extremely difficult to take off.

The bucket can take up to 5 minutes of constantly pressing G to take it off. Not only is this just straining to the players fingers after a certain point, but it also makes it criminally easy to contain 096 once his bucket is on (bar some rare, unique situations). In the time it takes 096 to break a single bucket, you could've went from Floor 2 all the way down to HCZ. And with how easy it is to get a bucket since they are all over the map and they can be taken with no cooldown to the player and be spammed and even dropped, you could have just one spare bucket and you are guaranteed to contain 096 unless you die.

TL;DR
The bucket has no cooldown to be used or grabbed, is extremely easy to get for everybody in the server, and takes an extraordinarily long time to break just a single bucket to where you could travel from Floor 2 to HCZ before the bucket were to break. And even then, as said, the bucket has no cooldown and can be grabbed by anybody from 3 - 4 different places inside the facility alone. It's also extremely easy to ruin 096s breach by closing bulkhead then re-opening it when he's bucketed. 096 is the only breachable SCP that isn't guaranteed at least a half-decent breach after waiting hours in an empty cell (Except 457, he's terrible, but at least he's in LCZ).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sully

James "P. Sage"

Mar 27, 2024
+Support. With extras.
While I do agree that there should be a toggle ability to the bucket and for it to be shortened, I do think that there needs to be more to this suggestion.
Nerf the 'looking range'. Its like sometimes you arent looking at him and he just aggro's you. Its annoying when this happens. I don't know if this is a bug that happens with the script or its a range calibration that could be turned down. But please address this.

Sully

Feb 10, 2024
+Support
Good suggestion, honestly. Just yesterday I got to experience the fun that is pressing G for 5 minutes and how underwhelming 096 is as a solo breach. If 096 breaches alone with all the power on he feels like one of the weakest SCP out there, but if you mix it into a mass breach when the lights are out... Oh boy is 096 strong in that scenario, kinda crazy.

One thing I would like to add is to maybe remove the collision of 096, because yesterday i got bucketed because 4 people were standing in a door I had to go through and i was just stuck there because they didn't move. Then someone came from behind and just bucketed me. Though I'm pretty sure if 096 didn't have collision and went through someone, they would've became their target because 096s face is just passing through someones vision. Maybe I'll just run in circles next time?

Edit: Had multiple breaches by now where people were just in the way and i got bucketed because I couldnt get past :(

Last edited:

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
I added "removes collision from SCP-096, like 999" to the suggestion. Bodyblocking him should be impossible.

Reactions: Sully

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @FrostByte ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We believe the current balance with the buckets is fine. The no-collide addition will be considered.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.