Rule Suggestion SCP-096 Roam

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyhorse

May 3, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
SCP-096 Should be allowed to roam around whilst NOT BREACHED
Remove rule: Whilst breached, SCP-096 may roam when left undisturbed for more than 60 seconds
Add rule: SCP-096 may roam when left undisturbed for more than 60 seconds
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that i have found

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

Allow SCP-096 to roam whilst not breached
More realistic (SCP-096 doesn't sit down and never move)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

SCP-096 can wonder inside of the little corridor instead of just his dark room
MTF cant recklessly leave his chamber doors wide open anymore

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

This suggestion should be added because it for 1 helps fix the lazyness of some MTF and creates a more realistic feel on 096 for the player and viewers.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
...this is already the case. you are experiencing a skill issue.

unless you mean like, if all the doors are open in which case -

my understanding of the situation is, and i've had this confirmed by three separate staff members on different occasions, 096 normally can't wander out of their CC even if all the doors are open EXCEPT

and only except,

if a picture has been spawned for like a significant length of time. like 5 or so minutes (because that counts as being breached). would be nice to get that in writing, though

i guess
+Support
for the purpose of rules clarification, but what you are saying is already how things are. i guess if the current wording confuses people and leads to them just not doing anything while on 096 unless breached (i.e. seen), then it should be changed to prevent that

Last edited:

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
my understanding of the situation is, and i've had this confirmed by three separate staff members on different occasions, 096 normally can't wander out of their CC even if all the doors are open EXCEPT

and only except,

if a picture has been spawned for like a significant length of time. like 5 or so minutes (because that counts as being breached). would be nice to get that in writing, though
"6.02 SCP-096 FailRP - SCP-096 may only leave his chamber when he is enraged, and may only wander if he is outside his containment chamber and is undisturbed for 60 seconds."

This is from the staff clarifications, it's been there for ages and I guess staff aren't reading them. On the contrary to what you've said, I've been told off by staff for leaving my chamber when breached but not enraged (when this wasn't written down and the 096 rules weren't as clear) and times after that that staff I've talked to have gone by this ruling.

However, +support. If the doors have failed and 096 is breached, I don't see why it would make 096 breaches much worse if 096 eventually wanders out. If anything (unless you willingly break rules by leaving when not breached), it'll alert E-11 to a further issue of a photo being somewhere. 096 breaches are easily countered by pulling your mouse down or grabbing scramblers, and I feel 096 needs a bit more activity.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
+Support

Its not that hard to just keep the doors closed anyways. Foundation already has it extremely easy with containment blockers for every other SCP.

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
- Support

So there's only one issue with this generally speak. What would happen is SCPs break down 096's doors and then he starts wondering. Adding effectively another SCP that you shouldn't have because he's not breached. However, if he was say RC'd and E-11 didn't fix his doors then that would be a line I suppose.

You could have the suggestion make it so SCP's cannot break down his doors to then passive breach him but this would be editing one ruling and creating another just for this to occur

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
+Support
096 is pretty underpowered and this would probably be a thing with other scps, (Containment Decay, Open door breach timer

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
"6.02 SCP-096 FailRP - SCP-096 may only leave his chamber when he is enraged, and may only wander if he is outside his containment chamber and is undisturbed for 60 seconds."

This is from the staff clarifications, it's been there for ages and I guess staff aren't reading them. On the contrary to what you've said, I've been told off by staff for leaving my chamber when breached but not enraged (when this wasn't written down and the 096 rules weren't as clear) and times after that that staff I've talked to have gone by this ruling.
Sigh.
096 breaches are easily countered by pulling your mouse down
the pitch (up/down) of your view does not matter in terms of whether you see 096's face, it's purely yaw (left/right).

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
unfortunate that staff inconsistency on rules and rulings is unfortunately not rare - shame to see it on something officially given a ruling

the pitch (up/down) of your view does not matter in terms of whether you see 096's face, it's purely yaw (left/right).
Maybe my past of secret lab there - but yeah left right up down you can hear 096 a mile off and you just don't look at him. My man needs a buff - especially with anyone with sense who has seen his photo running towards HCZ to reduce casualties.

Last edited:

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-Support
- Support

So there's only one issue with this generally speak. What would happen is SCPs break down 096's doors and then he starts wondering. Adding effectively another SCP that you shouldn't have because he's not breached. However, if he was say RC'd and E-11 didn't fix his doors then that would be a line I suppose.

You could have the suggestion make it so SCP's cannot break down his doors to then passive breach him but this would be editing one ruling and creating another just for this to occur
-what falcon said, shouldn’t be able to just break some doors and suddenly 096 can just leave

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
- Support

-Support

-what falcon said, shouldn’t be able to just break some doors and suddenly 096 can just leave
?
what is bro cooking, i have literally had stuff intersecting with this confirmed by staff, i linked a clipppppppp

please staff, clarify the rule aaaaaaaa

Last edited:
  • reaction_title.7
Reactions: Stealth

Dinklesprinkle

Civil Gamers Expert
May 11, 2022
i feel like if E-11 fail to recontain him properly and don't make sure his doors are repaired then he should be able to leave because of incompetency

Sven Sky

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Feb 8, 2022

Suggestion Denied

Hi @Crazyhorse,

Thank you for making a suggestion,

The SSL Team decided to deny this Suggestion. SCP-096 currently is allowed to walk out of his Dark Cell when the door is open and into the Airlock which has Sensors planted on the floor and not further. This is to prevent constant breaches of 096 due to an SCP breaking the door, E-11 not being able to get an engineer fast enough or just having no Engineer at all on the Site to fix the door. This would get very annoying for people in the long term to have constant 096 breaches in a day.​

• Haha
Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.