Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cardingham

May 3, 2022
no where
www.civilgamers.com
Your in-game name: MR Cardingham
Your SteamID: 76561199121750178
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199121750178/
Date of ban: 03/05/2022
What is your exact ban reason Severe Toxicity
Who banned you: The server Bot
Ban length?: 3 days
What server were you banned on?: SCP-RP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Dont ever say Any country that sounds like the n word
Prior to this, have you ever been warned ive been warned before a few times but ive chilled out maybe banned twice
Why should you be unbanned: Becuase the bot banned me Heres my story so everyone saw a d class set his name to N word so i say in chat Nice name Niger is my favorite country then i get muted by the server and then banned
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule? Becuase like previously stated ive cooled down alot since i joined
Why do you want to rejoin this server :Becuase its my favorite server And i realy do hope you consider unbaning me thanksGarry's Mod Screenshot 2022.05.03 - 19.29.17.83.png

Last edited:

Winkie

Donator
Mar 27, 2022
Hello @Mr Cardingham ,

Thanks for taking the time to appeal a ban that was placed and verdicted by myself under the influence of my peers.

The necessity for your ban was purely due to the context that influenced your decision to make those remarks. In times of racist comments being made within the community; it’s very sensitive to make comments such as “My favourite country is Niger”. Although it seems your intention through your appeal is not to harm, it seems reckless. In scenarios as such as somebody changing their name to a racist term, it’s best to isolate the incident and not try re-create what the term is by purposely removing a single letter, the intention on what you are doing is clear; trying to get as close to saying the remark. Whether this is for comedic effect or to refer to that term without the possibility of getting banned is not clear.

However, the decision was made after consulting to an Administrator, that you were to receive a 3 Day ban for toxicity. My advice is to disassociate yourself with offenders of our ruleset.

Any other issues please feel free to DM me.

Many thanks!
Moderator Winkie

Bubba

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Appeal Denied

Hi @Mr Cardingham ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Racism is a very serious topic to talk about. In this situation it was not the best move to make such a comment. Although it was just a joke, other players may still realize your intention to say it after the incident with the other player. In the future, please remember to think about your actions before doing them.​

Status
Not open for further replies.