Denied SCP Hack Cooldown

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack "Fubar" Daniel

Feb 10, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove
Makes it where there is a cooldown timer on hacking out an SCP. Time is up to content team. But this would make it where if, for example 8837 got hacked out, he wouldn't be able to be hacked out by players for x time (035/079 would be able to since thats how they both work). This would also make it so CI would actually have to pick different scps to hack out, keeping foundation on its toes on which scp CI would breach. [Please note this just could be a US side issue, I dont know how breaches are on the UK server]
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
Not that I have seen
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2)

1. No massive back to back breaches (3 breaches happened the day of writing this all back to back, all got to surface)
2. We can actually go do other things instead of focusing on a breach, if we're meant to rp, its hard to when theres a constant C5
3. SOP or SC wouldn't have to pay back for scps that often

Possible Negatives of the suggestion
1. CI would get annoyed that they wouldn't be able to hack out the same scp
2. d-class might get mad they cant hack out scps early morning

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted
It would let people actually rp and have a good time instead of having to focus on breach rp or go to surface to deal with scps that got to surface.

World

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023
+Support

- I feel that breaches have been constant as of lately as-well. Most of the RP I've been doing recently always has a c5 interupting it.

moonyguru

Sep 1, 2022
+support would be nice seeing other scps be breached instead of same old same old scp

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
-support
E11 and MTF will just swarm HCZ by then this would be an unneeded change
What? E11 would swarm what? There was no specific area in HCZ specified. Also hacking out SCPs isn't supposed to be easy. You're hacking out something able to get the site nuked, not hacking out D-Class, especially 076.

+Support
A mass breach shouldn't be happening every 10 seconds.

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
[Please note this just could be a US side issue, I dont know how breaches are on the UK server]
Speaking from E-11 on the UK breaches from hacked SCPs happen but rarely reach surface. We do however have CI going for the same few SCPs when they raid but I dont think this pause on hacking is needed as more the US CI COMs should focus on a Varity of raids that dont go for HCZ/Breach raids all the time. it should be an IC policy that CI shouldnt raid back to back

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
Speaking from E-11 on the UK breaches from hacked SCPs happen but rarely reach surface. We do however have CI going for the same few SCPs when they raid but I dont think this pause on hacking is needed as more the US CI COMs should focus on a Varity of raids that dont go for HCZ/Breach raids all the time. it should be an IC policy that CI shouldnt raid back to back
Ci us are dclass mains, they minds consists of mindless killing, 914 usage, and breaching SCP before complaining that MTF can’t do their job because it’s not overpowered to breach seven SCP’s

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
dont think its possible to have something be different for only one server and not both of them sadly
I agree with jonas here honestly, UK do breach SCP's but they have a bit more variety than just that.

+/- Neutral

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
-support

would make it way to confusing when CI want to pick what SCP they want to breach, for example they run all the way down to 8837 and realize when they attempt to hack that they are on cooldown..

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support
if a D-class hacked an SCP out without CI knowing an entire raid would be completely ruined (and the objective would need to be changed on the spot)
you should really be focusing on killing the team of CI inside of the SCPs respective containment chamber- if accepted enemies in a CC will have no negotiating power once the SCP they have hacked out is recontained, they can't threaten to re-breach it because it's literally impossible to do so
only negatives are "X will be mad" lul

if the problem is massive breaches that last too long, there are other ways to go about this
forcing an SCP to be un-breachable is not the way to go

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
-support
if a D-class hacked an SCP out without CI knowing an entire raid would be completely ruined (and the objective would need to be changed on the spot)
you should really be focusing on killing the team of CI inside of the SCPs respective containment chamber- if accepted enemies in a CC will have no negotiating power once the SCP they have hacked out is recontained, they can't threaten to re-breach it because it's literally impossible to do so
only negatives are "X will be mad" lul

if the problem is massive breaches that last too long, there are other ways to go about this
forcing an SCP to be un-breachable is not the way to go

I disagree here completely, and here's why;

1. If CI's entire raid is based on breaching a single SCP, that's kinda a shitty raid reason, and holding off in a CC is insanely easy as almost all of them have a choke point. So basically just kill the first wave that pushes through then rush out and kill the stragglers.

2. With the new rule enforcement (D-Class cannot use 914 without IC knowing of it) D-Class breaching SCPs isn't gonna be happening as much. (There's no 914 doc on SCPNET at this time on US)

3. I've never seen CI who's about to breach a SCP stop and say "Now hold on. Let's negotiate this." It just don't happen.

4. It's a RP server. Sure, there's alot more combat than RP and it's more combat focused, but it's not meant to be breach simulator 2023. I hate to be this way but, big woop you can't cause another mass breach within 10 minutes of one being contained. It just gets obnoxious when you can and no one enjoys it say for the CI and SCP (who tend to be CI that died during the raid).

Overall CI does NEED some other stuff to raid for (maybe chemical fridge raids? They can steal 10L out of a fridge? Places like Research Sector have those fridges full of chemicals.) but that's up to the CI leads to get together and discuss for suggestions rather than being deadset on breaching for the 10th time. I've heard CI say "We want more to do" but I never see threads discussing stuff for CI to do, if I did I'd 100% be on board for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.