Content Suggestion SCP Minigame (s)

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

Mexiimex

SCP-RP Staff
Jun 5, 2024
We all probably know the pain of hopping into breach queue and realising "Oh shit theres only 2 hours to go and if i hop off now ill be at the back of the queue"
The pain of waiting hours at a time staring at blank walls or without any testing/sampling because you're playing something like 7722 or 8834. The feeling of not wanting to go afk because if you go afk you'll be booted from the server or kicked out of the queue.

I submit the following suggestion

This suggestion would add;
SCP Minigames, They have a Gameboy like device (removed once they breach) That allows them to play the hacking minigame at chosen levels, eg. easy through to unbreakable. They will gain minimal amounts of scp xp and/or breach que time reduction for actually completing harder code cracks.
This is already a part of SCP-079 where they are able to play the hacking games

Some ruling will have to be made, EG. for realism/rp purposes you have to abandon any game attempt when people enter your chamber for a test. and for passive scp's such as 999, 2295, 912 ect. they do not spawn with a gameboy to encourage RP, though they have breach conditions such as 912.

The possible positives; SCP's become more fun while just sitting in a room waiting for tests/breaching.
It also saves administration time by not letting people just afk as certain scp's because they wont have any excuse too.
If people have other ideas for minigames for the Gameboy they can also be added if approved.

I don't believe anyone has suggested anything before about SPECIFICALLY the minigames but I do believe people have complained about SCP breach queue's being boring or uninteresting to play those more unique scp's

A possible negative would be that some see it as unrequired, stating it wouldn't be realistic to the SCP universe, There would be arguements that SCP's would not be allowed such technology.

I believe that with the amount of negative feedback to those who care for the integrity of RP. and those that wish to enjoy their time, this suggestion might become a debated topic and probably will either live in limbo or be declined. which is unfortunate but I must make the suggestion for the chance of it being accepted.

Last edited:

Mexiimex

SCP-RP Staff
Jun 5, 2024
+/-support

The verdict on this suggestion stated that the content team will be looking into ways to make the breach queue less standing around. I'm not 100% convinced that this is the way to do it but it is definitely a start.
I 100% agree that this isnt, and there will probably not be a perfect solution, This suggestion is just one that i created that sounds interesting and that while i agree that the system needs a rework I'm not the perfect person to ask with my limited view on the topic. i am glad that the content team is looking into ways for that and hopefully this sparks an idea

Reactions: Cary “Raven”

Porcelain

Apr 22, 2024
+++SUPPORT
Playing SCPs is extremely boring, especially whenever you wait for 4 hours to breach, and nobody comes and samples you. This would fix a lot of the issues.

Reactions: Mexiimex