Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Mar 21, 2024
Your in-game name: (AtTheTime) Alzheimer's Adam
Your SteamID: Zippo420
Your steam community link: NA
Date of ban: Thursday 21st of March. 1:45am
What is your exact ban reason: (MRDM)
Who banned you: Cheetah "perseus" Ivanov (STEAM _ 120252079)
Ban length?: 2 Weeks
What server were you banned on?: SCP-RP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UC34MhHHYzmP_DV3wo-G76GPY/edit#gid=1254615173 or https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/ rule clarifications https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-staff-rulings.8874/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Follow the Rules and Stick to the Guidelines. I will not RDM or FAILRP
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? On the day of the ban No I did Not receive any warnings. but I have been Warned for Killing a D-block as a D-block before as I didn't know the rules. I've also been warned for LTARP because I crashed while getting arrested for having the wrong ID clearance.
Why should you be unbanned: I Never MRDM, all I remember is SCP-912 spawn killing d-block and shooting up the whole server. after 20 minutes about 10 of us got pinned down in a tight corridor, everyone aimed their weapons at the door and returned fire all at once at the SCP. everyone including I got killed by the SCP-912 and went to sleep. When I wake up to log in before work I see my ban and was totally confused.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: by continually applying the rules and rules clarifications and by enforcing them to myself, I will improve my impulsive control and understand the rules of containing a SCP properly.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I have alot of fun on this server, it's the only Garry's mod server that makes me laugh and fill with joy. I get drawn in by the RP and I've been grinding hard to get my XP levels up. I just got LV 10 on combat and support and I'm trying to get in the tryouts for more RP jobs!
PS- I do apologies if I did break any rules and I promise to follow to rules to the letter if I am deemed a second chance.

Last edited:

Cheetah / RustyOsprey2

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Nov 24, 2023
Hello Steveo, thank you for making a ban appeal. Here is my point of view from the situation at hand.

There was a group standing around by PW bathrooms, there was indeed SCP-912 around the area and i dont doubt you tried shooting him. But from my POV and others in that scenario, you started shooting up the group of people stood outside of the bathroom. I checked logs and i believe you managed to kill 2-3 people before dying yourself and looked like you tried to do much more. Down below i have provided a clip of one of the kills you did in said scenario, but regardless good luck with your ban appeal and have a great rest of your day!

Steveo

Mar 21, 2024
I have explained that I've reread the rules and clarifications I've shown repentance for my actions and will enforce them onto myself. That clip hardly shows me trying to MRDM. after looking back a few times you can clearly see the confusion on all the players movements and being honest I have seen him previously shoot a person for questioning them so I did have my suspicions.
Again I was told to aim my weapons and fire upon the SCP by a DA so I didn't intend any crossfire, it was very late at night and I was confused by the fact the SCP-912 was mass killing the whole server.
Can you please elaborate on the "me doing much more" part? sounds to me that you have a hidden agenda towards me? especially a 2 week ban to a cadet is abit harsh when they don't understand the rule book at the time.

Last edited:

Steveo

Mar 21, 2024
I have explained that I've reread the rules and clarifications I've shown repentance for my actions and will enforce them onto myself. That clip hardly shows me trying to MRDM. after looking back a few times you can clearly see the confusion on all the players movements and being honest I have seen him previously shoot a person for questioning them so I did have my suspicions.
Again I was told to aim my weapons and fire upon the SCP by a DA so I didn't intend any crossfire, it was very late at night and I was confused by the fact the SCP-912 was mass killing the whole server.
Can you please elaborate on the "me doing much more" part? sounds to me that you have a hidden agenda towards me? especially a 2 week ban to a cadet is abit harsh when they don't understand the rule book at the time.
In my defence I was in an active shooting situation with an SCP, the cadet is trying to defend against himself as fearRP is active and shoots people in the progress of the defence. This is worth a warning and a stern word to correct action here. A two-week ban for a player who, within the last four days, has been playing the game since last week is very harsh.

( 63 hrs on record last played on 21 Mar Garry's Mod ) Zippo
Around 50 hours are on the SCP-UK server

I know admins on a different servers that run various online communities. Their credentials don't have any authority here but this just seems like a new player issue where I am is still learning. Rather than banning me on my favourite server, the admins/moderator should take a constructive approach to new players who enjoy playing the RP server.

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
Appeal accepted

Hey @Steveo ,
Thanks for taking the time to make a appeal.

After reviewing your appeal, it seems you are apologetic and regret your actions, but you still did MRDM, so you can not be let of the hook. So I have decided to reduce your ban by 3 days.

Kind regards, Blue​

Status
Not open for further replies.