Content Suggestion SCP-RP Content Rotation

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Synopsis

This suggestion suggests a method of rotation for content, that relies primarily on the progressive efforts of Foundation/GOC/CI, in a rotation-like fashion, with the intent of actions in the server having a genuine effect, to add to the Roleplay quality, for all factions, and giving a bigger sense of scale for the things that occur on-site. This would also be at the discretion of the Game Master teams, to add more variety to every day operations.

Rotations will vary between temporary GoI's, Surface SCP's, or effects on SCP's for the duration of that rotation, depending on the actions of departments/factions. The different possible methods can be determined by the GM/Content teams, but they should be open for player interact-ability.

Each actual rotation will last at the very most 1-2 weeks. Depending on the players, they may end early at the discretion of the SL/GM team, and the wait time will go back to standard surface operations, with regular missions and whatnot. They can be extended if the scale themselves requires longer time.

At no point will rotations directly involve the same department twice in a row, with the exception of the GOC due to its small nature, the same applying to CI.

During the space with other department rotations, this provides room for GM events to take place. After every 2 rotations, there will be a free cycle, where no big things occur, and give room for more events on the GM team's behest.

Content Rotations

Certain things added will undergo rotation and rely on the actions of the players. This will NOT nerf players for failing to earn them back, but there will be a future opportunity for the equipment. Items earned will apply for the next rotation, but not the current one it is earned in.

For example, the GOC developing research blueprints for the Brown Suit will unlock it temporarily for the next game state rotation. SCP's could also be made temporarily unavailable depending on the actions taken during a rotation. (Can provide examples if considered)

In the event of a rotation being undesired, the player-base can vote to redecide what it's cycled to. Content rotations will not be the same case, and players should do with what they have.

(More information can be provided by myself if this were taken into consideration, regarding actual practical ideas.)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
Nothing to my knowledge, but anyone should fact check me if I am incorrect.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

> - Constant flow and variety in the server, giving it a fresh feel every cycle
> - Assistance with Game Masters who may struggle to form unique ideas for events, as they can use the game-state rotations to theme their events after and contribute
> - Giving the players the ability to work for buffs and bonuses, without doing the same mission over and over again (the missions can be decided by the GM team)
> - Allowing nearly all departments to have attention and unique scenarios in Roleplay
> - Temporary GoI's could give C.I a larger opportunity to RP, and give them more angles to attack the Foundation, aside from literally the front gate or the vents.
> - Less strain for new content, allowing for the cycling of a wave of added items to maintain a fresh feeling for a longer period.
> - The opportunity to do waves of new rotations, or even yearly specific rotations.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
> - Possible lack of room for separate ideas for Game Masters (This may be circumvented and dedicate a rotation to the event if its large enough)
> - Portion of the player base may simply not want to work for items that benefit them, favoring content drops that are guaranteed
> - May disrupt basic RP outside of events (This may also be circumvented depending on the scale of the rotation, and the GM's discretion)
List is subject to change, based on the public's reception of this idea

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Many o'time do I find myself thinking that surface RP is stale, or repetitive, and this might be the best thing that could help mitigate that. The server also would benefit from overarching story pieces, as that would let players really immerse themselves aside from just getting off and resetting most things. The idea of consequences due to the Foundation's values, the GOC's resolve, or CI's interventions is something that I feel should really be explored, for fun of course.

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
So let me get this TL;DR Straight

New temporary GOIs, SCPs, etc will happen every now and then which will be played and done by GMs and Event team Including players?

Who will play the temporary GOIs? will there be a storyline consistent with each one?

Arent these just... regular Event team events/GM Events but with 2 extra steps?

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
ChatGPT, Summarise this suggestion:

1713099160852.png
+Support
-sounds cool

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
So let me get this TL;DR Straight

New temporary GOIs, SCPs, etc will happen every now and then which will be played and done by GMs and Event team Including players?

Who will play the temporary GOIs? will there be a storyline consistent with each one?

Arent these just... regular Event team events/GM Events but with 2 extra steps?
I can explain this, sure.

From what I have seen, GoI's in events are typically chosen by GM's for the players to interact with, but not actively be a part of, this gives then the opportunity to actually be a part of it exclusively, like a temporary C.I membership essentially.

I like to imagine it will be a whitelisted role, selected by the GM and SL teams, that is under a new team that could be just called "Rotation Team" or something of that sort, and the jobs themselves will change at the GM and SL teams discretion, with the theme. The storyline itself is at the discretion of the playerbase themselves.

It's more of a theming for events, and to just slightly switch up things on surface, it is a base formula, with the opportunity for the GM team to enhance and add flavors themselves. Of course, the content rotation will be used, and the GM's can use that to buff departments, and switch up the gameplay loop as they please. The events will have a more overarching effect, rather than just ending once the GM disconnects.

Reactions: Zen

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+-neutral
from what im seeing this is like opening a GMs event storyline for normal players to be a part of?
i dont really see a problem with this aside from the fact that the GM team will constantly have to make new GOIs and storie/jobss like every few weeks which will be difficult to do well

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
+Support
But it'll be denied cuz it doesn't make money and its content for GOIs and not exclusively Foundation or premium content. Lol

Reactions: DaveDogs

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
I've actually discussed a similar idea with someone who came up with it... I believe independently? - In which the LCZ inanimate SCPs get regularly rotated out every so often, so that a larger variety of experiments can be done and it'd be ultimately more interesting for both D-Class and research gameplay - But we ultimately came to the conclusion that it would be so much dev work implementing both a method of rotating the SCPs out and however many times the SCPs in inanimate to be added, that would be needed to fulfil such a function.

As for this; Since it's on a larger scale, it would definitely create a more dynamic environment with a greater variety of experiences and interactions, etc. Would probably help with the lack of surface RP, too. But it mainly has issues with maintenance as mentioned above, which puts some strain on the event team.

I can't fully grasp what you're suggesting here, but I like it enough to +Support it?

• Love

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
I've actually discussed a similar idea with someone who came up with it... I believe independently? - In which the LCZ inanimate SCPs get regularly rotated out every so often, so that a larger variety of experiments can be done and it'd be ultimately more interesting for both D-Class and research gameplay - But we ultimately came to the conclusion that it would be so much dev work implementing both a method of rotating the SCPs out and however many times the SCPs in inanimate to be added, that would be needed to fulfil such a function.

As for this; Since it's on a larger scale, it would definitely create a more dynamic environment with a greater variety of experiences and interactions, etc. Would probably help with the lack of surface RP, too. But it mainly has issues with maintenance as mentioned above, which puts some strain on the event team.

I can't fully grasp what you're suggesting here, but I like it enough to +Support it?
I'd like to actually include the rotation of inanimate objects into my suggestion, as that could also provide some refreshment to RP.

Thank you, Emilia! <33

pinhead

Jan 27, 2023
My understanding of this from a CI perspective could be like, for example, if CI were to capture an inanimate or even a sentient/event SCP we could shelter it semi-permanently until the rotation ends?

like maybe for a whole rotation CI could have access to a 939 instance in their base (with restrictions to sampling and raiding of course) or have the vending machine, whilst the instances in Foundation are removed for that rotation.

If my understanding of this suggestion is correct this could be really cool but can also be accomplished via GM (for example, CI is doing an 860 event where we captured the 860 door and will raid through it once I set everything up), although I see what you mean as far as inspiring storyline creation

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
Hm. I really like this idea. I also think it could be neat to allow RP to have actual consequences. E.g. CI or GOC might steal a whole ass SCP (inanimate or not) and that would lead to the SCP's spawn/location being changed by SL until Foundation can get it back. When that happens, they have access to the SCP, but also whenever the SCP breaches it's inside their base.

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Synopsis

This suggestion suggests a method of rotation for content, that relies primarily on the progressive efforts of Foundation/GOC/CI, in a rotation-like fashion, with the intent of actions in the server having a genuine effect, to add to the Roleplay quality, for all factions, and giving a bigger sense of scale for the things that occur on-site. This would also be at the discretion of the Game Master teams, to add more variety to every day operations.

Rotations will vary between temporary GoI's, Surface SCP's, or effects on SCP's for the duration of that rotation, depending on the actions of departments/factions. The different possible methods can be determined by the GM/Content teams, but they should be open for player interact-ability.

Each actual rotation will last at the very most 1-2 weeks. Depending on the players, they may end early at the discretion of the SL/GM team, and the wait time will go back to standard surface operations, with regular missions and whatnot. They can be extended if the scale themselves requires longer time.

At no point will rotations directly involve the same department twice in a row, with the exception of the GOC due to its small nature, the same applying to CI.

During the space with other department rotations, this provides room for GM events to take place. After every 2 rotations, there will be a free cycle, where no big things occur, and give room for more events on the GM team's behest.

Content Rotations

Certain things added will undergo rotation and rely on the actions of the players. This will NOT nerf players for failing to earn them back, but there will be a future opportunity for the equipment. Items earned will apply for the next rotation, but not the current one it is earned in.

For example, the GOC developing research blueprints for the Brown Suit will unlock it temporarily for the next game state rotation. SCP's could also be made temporarily unavailable depending on the actions taken during a rotation. (Can provide examples if considered)

In the event of a rotation being undesired, the player-base can vote to redecide what it's cycled to. Content rotations will not be the same case, and players should do with what they have.

(More information can be provided by myself if this were taken into consideration, regarding actual practical ideas.)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
Nothing to my knowledge, but anyone should fact check me if I am incorrect.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

> - Constant flow and variety in the server, giving it a fresh feel every cycle
> - Assistance with Game Masters who may struggle to form unique ideas for events, as they can use the game-state rotations to theme their events after and contribute
> - Giving the players the ability to work for buffs and bonuses, without doing the same mission over and over again (the missions can be decided by the GM team)
> - Allowing nearly all departments to have attention and unique scenarios in Roleplay
> - Temporary GoI's could give C.I a larger opportunity to RP, and give them more angles to attack the Foundation, aside from literally the front gate or the vents.
> - Less strain for new content, allowing for the cycling of a wave of added items to maintain a fresh feeling for a longer period.
> - The opportunity to do waves of new rotations, or even yearly specific rotations.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
> - Possible lack of room for separate ideas for Game Masters (This may be circumvented and dedicate a rotation to the event if its large enough)
> - Portion of the player base may simply not want to work for items that benefit them, favoring content drops that are guaranteed
> - May disrupt basic RP outside of events (This may also be circumvented depending on the scale of the rotation, and the GM's discretion)
List is subject to change, based on the public's reception of this idea

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Many o'time do I find myself thinking that surface RP is stale, or repetitive, and this might be the best thing that could help mitigate that. The server also would benefit from overarching story pieces, as that would let players really immerse themselves aside from just getting off and resetting most things. The idea of consequences due to the Foundation's values, the GOC's resolve, or CI's interventions is something that I feel should really be explored, for fun of course.
I do want to also add small MTF rotations, like an additional team that MTF members can place themselves in via an interest form, overseen by the SL team.

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
+support
research needs something, it also lets people look at documents from previous rotations and think about potential tests for a longer period of time before actually being able to do it (It will hopefully make the quality higher)

Witch

Sep 22, 2023
+ Support

Please GM team, let me be on the Serpent's Hand team

More overarching storylines is a W.

Don't remove current regiments to cycle them out for random GoIs (looking at you staff team).

Will get denied (too much work).

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+ Support

Please GM team, let me be on the Serpent's Hand team

More overarching storylines is a W.

Don't remove current regiments to cycle them out for random GoIs (looking at you staff team).

Will get denied (too much work).
Do get rid of the current GoIs ong

• Angry
Reactions: Witch

Max Henry

Jul 25, 2022
Site 184. Nova Scotia, Canada
vMTia0r.jpg
PENTAGRAM.png

PENTAGRAM Event When?​

+Support