SCP-RP (UK) - Ban Appeal - adam jimson

Status
Not open for further replies.

apple

Feb 22, 2024

What server you were banned on: SCP-RP (UK)

Your in-game name: adam jimson

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:697399827

Ban Reason: FailRP (E)

Date of ban: Mon May 6 21:38:24 2024

Who banned you: Kayla(STEAM_0:0:45057867)

Ban length: 3 days

What will you do to stop this from happening again: Not always take what my friend says at face value, and instead read over the rules and infer both sides to make sure I'm not breaking any rules.

Why should you be unbanned: I was sneaking into the foundation as a surface chef, my friend told me this was fine and I followed along with him when he snuck in, I later find out that it is infact not allowed and is failrp, as I have a bunch of warns from my past days as a minge it all added up do a 3 day ban. I enjoy this server and 3 days is a somewhat long time. I sincerely deeply apologize for my actions.

Kayla

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
Hi @apple

I was the staff member that issued your ban.

Upon taking you into the sit and explaining that as a surface Chef you cannot enter Foundation, you instantly started trying to argue that your friend said you could, therefore it was allowed, repeatedly stating that your friend was always right. When I explained that it was stated explicitly in the rules page of the forums, you continued to argue that because your friend had said it was not written down, I must be the one in the wrong due to your friend always helping you and being right. You also stated that you had not read the rules for yourself.
A second member of staff, higher ranking than myself then came to confirm this with you, where you continued to argue about your friend always being right. I then copied the ruling straight from the forums. I checked your warnings to see that this ban would be FailRP (E) and advised you read over the rules for youself, then issued the ban. At this point while I was carrying out the ban you did stop arguing and said you would speak to your friend, however we'd already been in the sit for a good while.

- Kayla

apple

Feb 22, 2024
I didn't instantly argue that my friend was always right, I said "He's right most of the time" and thats why I trusted him. I have read the rules for myself but because its so extensive its hard to remember it all the time. Now I have no clue how the punishments work since they arent readily available to the average player which is a bit odd. When I said I would speak to my friend I did, I asked him what I did wrong and he said it was entirely his fault since he didn't know aswell people make mistakes but clearly you think we are all perfect and everything we do is intentional, Wrong. What I did was due to an error on my friends behalf and a lack of knowledge on my behalf.

Sean Hanson

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Oct 15, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi Apple,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Even if you don't know a rule, if you break it, you can still be punished, and it's up to the staff member to deal with it however they wish to do it. Next time, I recommend reading the rules if you are unsure. or ask a staff member in-game.

Since the ban is over you will not be able to appeal it again.

-Sean​

Status
Not open for further replies.