Mar 27, 2024
Your in-game name: DylanJohn129

Your SteamID:
copy to clipboard
STEAM_0:1:108774578

Your steam community link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198177814885

Date of ban: Sat Apr 6 00:09:19 2024

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): NITRP|FearRP|C|

Who banned you: Simon Johansson (STEAM_0:0:59700227)

Ban length?: 22 hours 24 minutes

What server were you banned on?: SCP-RP UK

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to prevent it from happening again: I will ensure that I have familiarized with server rules and abide by all of them. I will know that the action is important to play right and ensure that actions on the server are right.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? No, this is my first offense.

Why should you be unbanned? I think it was all a big misunderstanding that led to a ban. I assure you that I shall never break any rules; I mean, for sure, I will be a law-abiding member. I apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding my activity may have caused. How can you assure that would be breaking no other rule? This time, I'll make sure to read and understand server rules. I'll be very cautious in carrying out the rest of my roleplay in any way, so that I don't end up breaking any rules inadvertently. I don't know what NITRP is, would anyone please explain? I don't see it in the rules. I abided any commands under fearRP, even though their commands were just to make me do something weird like "stop sitting" I don't know why I was banned for that when I complied, the rule states
  • If you are armed but are being surrounded and outnumbered 2:1 by aggressors.
I still complied when there was only one aggressor, so he said he had a clip but instead of telling me how I broke rules he just said like "You just don't seem to want to RP" but idk why he assumed that I am unclear as to how my actions fell under this category. When I complied with certain commands related to stop sitting—although some were unusual, like "stop sitting" at times—I was involved in FearRP as per the rules of the server. I would like to particularly underline that by no means do I wish to disrupt the roleplay environment; I just did the commands that I was told.
FearRP: This adheres to the server rules well stating that when armed, one has to comply with all demands raised by the attackers but, if surrounded and outnumbered 2:1. I had only one aggressor, so I complied with the commands. But when I tried to explain that I didn't do so, I found I was accosted for not wanting to roleplay at all. I think that this was misunderstood by them since, as a matter of fact, I was doing it the way the server had requested.
I assure you, I have made myself aware of all the server rules and I will follow them. I do understand the importance of adherence to all these rules, so that the gaming experience is fair for every single individual involved. I am sorry if my actions would at all cause any inconvenience or misunderstanding and assure you that I shall, in all respects, be a law-abiding member of the community.
This ban is my first offense, and I have never been warned, kicked, or banned prior to this incident.
I had a great time playing on SCP-RP UK and enjoying community participation. I actually made loads of friends on the server, and I would love to get unbanned, so I could have a great time with these people playing the game. I humbly request you to please lift my ban so that I am able to come back to the server and show my willingness to follow rules and be a contributing member of the community.

Thank you for considering my appeal.

What makes you want to rejoin this server? I like playing on this server and interacting with the community. I have also made some friends over here, and I would like to join this server again so that I get a chance to play on it with my good side.

Last edited:

SimonL2002

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Oct 12, 2023
Sweden
Hello there thanks for your appeal heres my story of the situation, so this all started when i got a report of another staff member that your were minging around disturbing the roleplay for others involed in it. I thefore decided to spectate you to keep an eye on you to see whats going on. Few seconds later u call a sit for rdm in witch another staff member takes it and they decide that its not rdm. However when u get returned when i spectate you u keept trying to sit on the MC&D table even do u were told not to, this usally resulted in lethal forced being used against u since u did not follow the commands. After u died u keept comming back to the MC&D table and try to sit on it again however this time i also got reports of another staff member and also saw it with my own eyes that your were being rude and extremly unfreindly towards the people giving u the commands. Then u keept going back everytime u died until u finally got arrested and brought to IA were they were going to arrest you and u decide to pull out a gun while under gunpoint by the IA and break FearRP witch results in a sit being called against you, I also reecive a video from another staff while in this sit witch shows u minging around by the M&CD table. When in the sit i therfore tell u that u cant pull out a gun while under gunpoint and fearp by another person witch u understand.

However i told u that i feelt and also have seen no intention from you to rp whatsover just to cause disturbances around the M&CD table i thefore tell u i will give u a 1 day NITRP and FearRP(C) as u had an active FearRP(B). I explain to you that the reason for the NITRP Ban is beacuse i wanna give u time to think over your actions and to decide whethere or not you wanna try to rp, I also give u information what NITRP is its basically in short "No intention to RP" but shorted down however i might should have explained it a bit further but i thought i did enough in this situation for you to understand.

so thats the reasoning behind this ban.

Thanks for taking your time to make an Appeal

Yours sincerely

Simon Johansson

DylanJohn129

Mar 27, 2024
Dear Simon Johansson,

Thanks for taking the time out to hear my side in regards to the situation that got me banned. I appreciate being able to address those issues. I hereby take into consideration the sentiments about my behavior next to the MC&D table and the assumption that I was being rude or unfriendly to members, for that matter, with the same assumption extended to the rest of the players. It is not like I, mean to have the full set of roleplay disturbed.

I tried to roleplay according to what I best understood from the other players around me. On the incident that I pulled a gun on the IA, it was when he was trying to assault me with handcuffs, which he ignored and just walked up to me and put them on. I do admit this may be wrong on my part I have no clue what FearRP would entail in this situation, but in the staffs clarification, it is "Placed and kept under FearRP" and in this RP situation when IA pulled me to a back room, failing to disarm me, and weapon check me, he unrestrained me and releaced me, I think its apart of RP that if I can defend myself, I can. Unless, this does not take president over chain of command, then that's my bad for misunderstanding, but I feel as if fearing for ones life is much more important then the role your playing within the RP situation... when or how does the other person put one under FearRP? is it just when they have their gun out? Is it for your entire life do you have to comply? Do you must comply for all of your lives? You bring up me going back to the rest of the people rping afterwards but this is a new senario and a new life, I assumed they were all their for a reason and tried to act accordingly to be involved. If this was a violation of FearRP. Be assured, it was not done with an intention to disrupt roleplay but was a lapse of judgment. I apologize for the same and assure you that in the future, such a mistake will not be committed by me, as server rules also include FearRP. Please express how the IA with handcuffs out had me under FearRP.

I also want to address the NITRP ban.

Even though I greatly appreciate all your effort in explaining, I feel it was a total misconception. I was trying to role-play throughout—of course, it wasn't perfect, but I was trying. Clearer communication and direction in the roleplaying skills could make me a better roleplayer who would add positively to the server community. I must also address the assumption made about my tone of voice. While I understand that my actions may have seemed disruptive, I assure you that any perceived rudeness or unfriendliness was unintentional. I was simply trying to immerse myself in the roleplay scenario and may have misunderstood or misinterpreted some commands. I apologize if my actions were misinterpreted, and I assure you that I have no intention of being disrespectful or disruptive. Your assumptions or bias towards how or what I sound like should not have weight over if you think I should be able to roleplay or not, I can't change how I sound for you, its my voice.

I would be so grateful if the video clip that you're referring to is shown to me, as I believe that it could further help me understand what wrong I did and how I may do it right.

That will help me make sure that I familiarize myself with the rules of the server; therefore, all my later actions inside the community will be in regard to those expectations.

I do apologize for the kind of disturbances my actions might have brought, and I would most sincerely plead to be granted another chance back onto the server. I have enjoyed my time playing on SCP-RP UK and have appreciated the great time I was able to spend with the community; I would love to continue doing so positively and respectfully.
Thank you for considering my appeal. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
DylanJohn129
STEAM_0:1:108774578
[Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198177814885]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.