SCP-RP (UK) - Ban Appeal - Toaste "Calloway" W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toaste

Mar 30, 2024
What server you were banned on: SCP-RP (UK)

Your in-game name: Toaste "Calloway" W.

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:634694900

Ban Reason: FailRP + NITRP

Date of ban: 21/04/24

Who banned you: Civic

Ban length: 1 day

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I'll refrain from attempting to breach SCP-008 or attempting to get others to collude with me in this action. Despite being Class-F'd, I understood the circumstances of what was happening. Even with my intent not to fully failbreach 008, I regardless injected another person and accidentally contaminated myself in the process, resulting in two instances of the SCP being created. I knew of 008 ICly but I'll refrain from seeking out that information, as there is no value it can provide (008 being unbreachable for foundation members) and is FailRP to then attempt to breach or infobreach.

Why should you be unbanned: As stated, it was neither my intent nor my purpose to cause the usual disruption a 008 breach causes. I simply wanted to experiment with the SCP with the knowledge that, without a breach, the decontamination zone between the glass doors kill 008 instances. I colluded with Stepan, originally bringing him to outside the 008 CC to buy NHU off of him, where I then drank it to enter the CC. I explored the decontamination area of 008 before calling him back down to buy another dose of NHU off of him, letting him into 008's outer CC. He asked me whether or not I was going to breach 008 ("Are you really doing that?" - paraphrased) to which I asked him "Doing what?" and he responded with "Breaching 008" in PMs. We talked about it for a short moment and he asked whether I was CI, to which I did not respond. He said he had an idea (something to that affect) and then placed a vial of Class-F on the ground which I immediately picked up and drank before he could tell me that he wanted to be injected with it, where he told me "Your goal is to inject a random D-class with those syringes" as he let me into the inner CC of 008, where I grabbed a syringe. We laughed about it, I amnesticated him with an injection gun, and then I injected him with the 008. He died to the decontamination. I was erroneously infected during this time and I had gotten stuck on an entity, where I called a sit to get free. I was then pulled into a staff room where a lengthy discussion took place. I'm aware of what I did and why it was wrong, and was informed how it was FailRP. I did attempt to roleplay in the scene but I understand how the severity of what the situation comes across as, and what did occur, can be taken as such. I agree that a punishment was entirely just for this action, but plea that it be decreased to either an FRP warn, an NITRP warn, or one of each (or a merge of both). This admittedly feels like a harsh punishment for a first offence, even with the offence being one that could have had dire consequences, but I hope that my apologeticness can show my lack of ill intents as well as the situation typed out in full can possibly provide more clarity.

Thank you,

- Toaste.

Alex Honda

Donator
Aug 23, 2022
STAFF MEMBER RESPONSE

Hello @Toaste,

The reason I gave you this ban is because you had Class F'd yourself and then proceeded to steal 008 syringes and almost causing a 008 breach if I hadn't brought u to a sit in time. It also seemed like you weren't being completely truthful when I had brought you and from all of the evidence and information we had it did not look like Stepan told you to do anything after you had drank the Class F yourself. Me, Sceptre and a SL from the US server had a discussion about this and came to the conclusion that a 1 day ban for NITRP and FailRP was completely fair.

Geronimo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
STAFF MEMBER RESPONSE

Hi there @Toaste,

As a staff member who assisted in the sit and the final outcome, I'm going to leave my two cents. I pulled the other player separately and spoke to him, in which his response led me to check logs. It is clear in the logs that we can see you conspire to breach SCP-008, and dragged in the other player who was only there initially to sell you chemicals that you had requested from him.

You claimed in the sit to Alex Honda that you had been Class-F'd, and told that your goal was to inject somebody with a syringe, although looking back into logs, it is seen that you drank the Class-F yourself, with the initial intention to inject it into the other player. There was no indication in logs that you were given any instructions to breach SCP-008.

Considering a breach during early hours of SCP-008 would've majorly screwed with the server balance, along with the numerous instances of FailRP throughout this situation, myself, Alex Honda and a member of U.S SL agreed that it would be appropriate to issue you a 1-day ban for No Intention to Roleplay, specifically in the regard to you with-holding the full truth in the initial staff sit.

It should be noted that you were respectful throughout the sit, as well as patient, considering the sit took over 20 minutes, and as you were encouraged to, you made a Discord ticket to inquire on what to do next and whether you thought you should appeal, which I can commend, as many players, under the knowledge that they are about to be banned, often turn toxic or rude.

Thank you,
Sceptre.

Toaste

Mar 30, 2024
STAFF MEMBER RESPONSE

Hi there @Toaste,

As a staff member who assisted in the sit and the final outcome, I'm going to leave my two cents. I pulled the other player separately and spoke to him, in which his response led me to check logs. It is clear in the logs that we can see you conspire to breach SCP-008, and dragged in the other player who was only there initially to sell you chemicals that you had requested from him.

You claimed in the sit to Alex Honda that you had been Class-F'd, and told that your goal was to inject somebody with a syringe, although looking back into logs, it is seen that you drank the Class-F yourself, with the initial intention to inject it into the other player. There was no indication in logs that you were given any instructions to breach SCP-008.

Considering a breach during early hours of SCP-008 would've majorly screwed with the server balance, along with the numerous instances of FailRP throughout this situation, myself, Alex Honda and a member of U.S SL agreed that it would be appropriate to issue you a 1-day ban for No Intention to Roleplay, specifically in the regard to you with-holding the full truth in the initial staff sit.

It should be noted that you were respectful throughout the sit, as well as patient, considering the sit took over 20 minutes, and as you were encouraged to, you made a Discord ticket to inquire on what to do next and whether you thought you should appeal, which I can commend, as many players, under the knowledge that they are about to be banned, often turn toxic or rude.

Thank you,
Sceptre.
I don't think there's much more I can say in response to this other than what's already been said, but I still affirm that it was never my intention to lie to staff. Communicating via text when one person is talking is already a barrier, and given the time constraint that I had wanted to sleep and hop off of the server prior to the sit being started, I wasn't in a frame of mind to be dealing with a half an hour sit, despite deserving to in some ways. I do however still recall that I was instructed to inject a d-class with the 008 syringe after being class-F'd, Stepan had told me this verbally and I'm not sure whether you guys have logs of that. Although I did intend to use the syringe, it was never to inject a random d-class, as I'd refused to the leave the 008 CC at the time, despite having all means to. During the sit I believe I provided a more exact quote, but it's naturally been some time now; something to the effect of "Your goal is to inject a random D-Class with that syringe."

STAFF MEMBER RESPONSE

Hello @Toaste,

The reason I gave you this ban is because you had Class F'd yourself and then proceeded to steal 008 syringes and almost causing a 008 breach if I hadn't brought u to a sit in time. It also seemed like you weren't being completely truthful when I had brought you and from all of the evidence and information we had it did not look like Stepan told you to do anything after you had drank the Class F yourself. Me, Sceptre and a SL from the US server had a discussion about this and came to the conclusion that a 1 day ban for NITRP and FailRP was completely fair.
The sit was originally because I had gotten myself stuck, and legitimately had no way of getting myself out. In all irony, if I hadn't called the sit I would have hopped off and had my crimes unnoticed, but I wanted to drop the CL4 outside of the 008 CC for another soul before I did. In response tothe other half of this, see the other reply to Sceptre.

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @Toaste

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Considering your ban was 1 day, and your ban is already over no changes will be made to your ban reason or length. However, regarding your actual rule break and situation you've described and the staff members have explained, what you did was indeed a rule break and shown a lackluster attempt to rectify the situation or solve it. Injecting yourself with Class F Amnestics to attempt to brainwash yourself is not possible and therefore, FailRP as it could not be reasonable explained or completed, but no attempts were made to rectify or solve the situation. In addition, having the direct intentions to cause an SCP Breach, with little to no RP storyline, background or build up whilst being Internal Affairs is also illogical.
Due to you committing FailRP numerous times in a single situation and being caught out lying to staff members about the incident also numerous times and having no intentions other than breaching the SCP, the NITRP was deemed fit and we stick with this enforcement.

Based on above, as stated, no changes will be made to your ban reason or the length.
Kind Regards,
Naffen​

Status
Not open for further replies.