[SCP-RP US] "The Twilight" - Level 2 UNGOC LTGEN Demotion Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Second

Name: Second/The Twilight (GOC)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:85768677
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA: USA
Level of appeal (2 or 3): 2
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: I did in TeamSpeak to GEN Finder, he dismissed my case.
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: GEN Finder, TS
Rank demoted from: LTGEN
Who demoted you?: GEN Finder
Date of demotion?: 10/10/2023

What is the case against you?: "Consistent problematic behavior and toxicity"
Is this true?: To be honest, I have no idea. I was given zero proof of the alleged behavior, and never given any specific examples. Just told "I've seen it".
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: In GOC, one time by GEN Banker (1SGT to SGT), was handled via a demotion appeal
Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: 1SGT to SGT Demotion Appeal (Accepted) | Omega-1 LTCOM Demotion Appeal (Denied)

What is your side of the story?:

The start of this incident was a DM from Super Admin Mercer to discuss a situation of alleged harassment against a user named "Puggo", or "Bulanos" in the 1 clip provided to me, as well as a claim of Job Abuse. After speaking with Mercer for roughly an hour, he had heard my side and his side of events and had come to his own conclusions. Said conclusions were discussed with 2 member of NL and were deemed to be blowing a situation out of proportion.

The 2 incidents in question were:
- Harassment of "Puggo"/"Bulanos"
- Job abuse to kill a captive GOC on my Nu-7 whitelist

- Harassment -

The claims of harassment did not get very far, as the member in question was unable to procure more than 1 clip of me telling him to "fuck off" after he had taken my GEN captive against their will and the fact that I went to Omega-1 Command and CI Regimental Command to report claims of anti-LGBT behavior from this user to their respective faction leaders, both of which are true. I have 2 clips of this individual saying things to me that could be seen as transphobia, and I have actively taken strides to avoid any interaction with the individual in question for quite some time due to said comments. (If a member of SSL or NL reviewing this would like to see the clips, please DM me on discord, tsdksecond). I did not ever go out of my way to harass or belittle Puggo, in fact for a while I saw him as a friend of mine and defended him when a lot of people were rude to him or judged him unfairly. Overall, this was ruled by SSL/NL to be blown out of proportion (from what I was told by Mercer).

- Job Abuse -

The claims of Job Abuse were very confusing to me, as the basis was that in the midst of a GOC Infiltration CMission I got on Nu-7 to kill some GOC and CI who were raiding. I died mid-raid and decided to just play Nu-7 for a little while as I had been on GOC for quite some time. I had stayed on the Nu-7 whitelist for about 45 minutes after the raid had ended, after which I got on Overseer Assistant and walked around with O5 for a bit, to which I got back on to GOC to do a promotion ceremony for a new LT who had just gotten on. The reason for the complaint specifically was due to me killing a GOC who was "captive", though he was not in cuffs nor was he under FearRP. Provided here is a clip of the incident from the perspective of DoM Dinklesprinkle. Basic idea was GOC called out as raiding, I see GOC in medbay walking around, me and A-1 shoot him. Like the prior claim, this was ruled by SSL/NL to be blown out of proportion to my understanding from Mercer.

- Removal Reason -

The official reason for my removal from my LTGEN position was "consistently causing problems". In an approximately 30 minute discussion with Finder, I explained that he had never come to me regarding any of the alleged reports against me, nor could he procure any form of evidence about the reports. He had told me he had been getting continous reports about me, and when I asked why he never brought them to me, he told me it was not his responsibility to and that the individuals in question should have brought it to me. When I said they didn't, he said "That isn't my problem". A lack of communication was common, as I made several attempts to reach out to Finder to discuss his plans for the future and got very minimal besides "Let me cook" or "I'm working on something". It was very commonplace for me to be caught off guard by things, this was no different. After SSL made their verdict on the case of being overblown, he stuck by removal from my position. I was given 3 options, being resign honorably, get discharged dishonorably, or get demoted to LT dishonorably. I chose resign honorably (I was told I could make a demotion appeal for this because I was forced into resigning). Throughout the entire conversation, Mercer was present and was witness to all of this. In this entire conversation, I was never told a specific instance of doing something wrong, nor was I given any proof to back up claims. The most I was given was "I saw it, and it's my regiment". I will admit I did have 1 active strike for taking RP a little too far and siding with CI for 1 event, but it was discussed with me and finder and was only a 1 month strike.

- Conclusion -

Overall, I have reason to believe that this demotion was done out of a place of bias and no real rationale. I was never given any explicit reasoning for my removal, and Finder actually explicitly told me it was "not his problem" to tell me when I was being reported for misconduct, which I still don't know what I did, even after being removed. The 2 prior claims that SSL/NL dismissed were not involved in it, as stated by Finder, due to them being deemed invalid. I have put my heart and soul into GOC from the beginning, I push for RP heavily and have tried my best to make GOC fun and engaging for everyone, be it the RP focused members or the combative focused members.

I hope whoever reads this takes my side into account, and whoever is reviewing this please do not hesitate to reach me on Discord (tsdksecond) if you need clarifications on anything I have written.

Starling6

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 15, 2022
Site-65
Hello @Second , I appreciate the time you took to make this appeal.

The reasons I removed you was because of constant problematic behavior and general toxicity towards the player base; While the whole Nu-7 incident was the catalyst for my thoughts. I ultimately followed through with it after hearing my CO's opinions on the matter.

Over the course of the past 4 or so months, We have worked together within GOC. I appreciate all that you did and continue to do for GOC with your legacy; But during that time I had seen some things that are less then ideal from a UNGOC LtGeneral. I did speak to you on two separate occasions, Once when I & Lieutenant Commander Khade assigned you a 'warning strike' which I then removed after becoming LtGen after seeing improvement. Less then a week after this strike being removed; You then went and committed treason alongside a few CI Members. Asking them and convincing them to raid GOC base under the pretext of capturing Major Kuma. Which they then disobeyed orders and slaughtered GOC for two respawn waves. After; They pulled out and left. You then Held Kuma hostage in CI base for approximately 20 minutes while GOC attempted a counter-siege to get her back. Where I was captured and executed.

If you look on our Roster; That Strike is still active. And it is completely valid, as you worked against the UNGOC. I was going to remove you over this; As I told you, but other CO's talked me down to striking you. You also during another separate incident worked alongside Lunaro, Site-65's Site-Director to start a war. Which I then voted with our Enlisted & CO Team which had about 50 on and 50 off. I then shorted this, While you did support my decision, The fact this wasn't pre-discussed more internally with our entire team and was mostly held in your hands caused some doubts in the Team about you.

Anyways; Onto your points.

Harassments was not at all included in this; And I even stated this is a separate incident. This surrounded your general attitude and how you conducted yourself on UNGOC.

On the Removal reason, I was frustrated. And while I admit I shouldn't have stated what I did; I only did what I had to in order to keep the regiment progressing and working forward on a day to day basis. You and I frankly do not work together well; And I was debating your demotion from Lieutenant General for almost a week at this time. You can ask my Regimental Command and they can attest as he had been in calls with me while I worked or talked to others.

Overall, I do understand your frustrations with your demotion; And it was harsh. But when I spoked to both SSL / NL. They told me and quote 'Its your regiment, And I can do what is needed for its health'

I do wish you luck on your appeal, And we may end up working together again.

- UNGOC General Finder

Second

You also during another separate incident worked alongside Lunaro, Site-65's Site-Director to start a war. Which I then voted with our Enlisted & CO Team which had about 50 on and 50 off. I then shorted this, While you did support my decision, The fact this wasn't pre-discussed more internally with our entire team and was mostly held in your hands caused some doubts in the Team about you.
We had discussed this prior, and how I was pressured by Foundation. I also did try to discuss with with you and the 2 Majors, and got little to no kickback. I was actually told by you that if there was to be a war you wouldn't personally participate so you'd let me handle it. I also did agree it was heavily rushed, and was not planned out the best, but a lot of that can be put on the Foundation side. I tried my best to amend this error to you and the regiment as a whole as it was my responsibility, and I would say I did a good job in that.

Harassments was not at all included in this; And I even stated this is a separate incident. This surrounded your general attitude and how you conducted yourself on UNGOC.
Yes, I did state this, but the discussion with Mercer was the catalyst for this whole series of events, hense why it was mentioned.

On the Removal reason, I was frustrated. And while I admit I shouldn't have stated what I did; I only did what I had to in order to keep the regiment progressing and working forward on a day to day basis. You and I frankly do not work together well; And I was debating your demotion from Lieutenant General for almost a week at this time. You can ask Major Astra and he can attest as he had been in calls with me while I worked or talked to others.

Overall, I do understand your frustrations with your demotion; And it was harsh. But when I spoked to both SSL / NL. They told me and quote 'Its your regiment, And I can do what is needed for its health'
A lot of problems with us working together come from you failing to communicate with me or pushing me away. I was a CL5 member of staff, same as you, and I never knew what was going on with the regiment we ran. I was along for the ride that you put me on, simply. Ironically enough, I had been talking to Kuma about the issues I had with you not communicating and feeling inadequate or useless because you never included me in things and I was left to fend for myself. I asked her how best to confront you on this so we could have a more efficient bridge of communication, and she tried her best to get us to talk more, though it ultimately failed.

As I said during the discussion we had, I am not a mind reader, and I can't be expected to just know what you think of me or what you want me to do. If you had come to me with any of the issues you had, we could have talked them out as we have done before. A simple conversation that could have saved both of us this headache. I actually begged you to tell me what I was doing wrong several times, and got vague answers that meant nothing. I can't improve when I don't know what I am failing at.

I do believe you and I could have been good partners in this, but it felt to me like you didn't want to work with me for some reason. I always felt as if you viewed me as lesser or as a failure, and I kept a lot of that silent to ensure no conflict arose between us.

Second

Didn't you request my removal from GOC every chance you got without trying to communicate?

You also have an entire command team to talk with to get in on the loop. You don't have to talk with exclusively Finder about stuff.

You have definitely had a track record of being overly toxic towards people and honestly I was surprised you never got banned, though I got told you changed a bit since I last played with you, I hope that's true.

Lol good luck getting a spot back that you resigned from.

o7
1. No, I actually didn't mind you, you didn't like me.

2. Nobody knew and the people who did were told to keep it secret from me.

3. The only example I was given was saying "soy" in OOC towards people, and the only reason you think I am "overly toxic" is due to my friend group.

4. Finder told me to make a demotion appeal, as I was forced to resign.

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Please do not comment if you are not involved, thank you, this is not a public free-for-all to post "free my man" or try to cause issues.

NL Will be reviewing this soon.

Regards
Yeke.

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
As I was involved (Being called upon by Finder to give an opinion on the situation), I would like to point out you were not forced to resign, Finder also offered the choices of a Honourable 1SGT placement or a demotion to LT (Being indicated to make a demotion appeal while continuing CO work within UNGOC) however you choosen to straight up resign from the UNGOC entirely

Second

As I was involved (Being called upon by Finder to give an opinion on the situation), I would like to point out you were not forced to resign, Finder also offered the choices of a Honourable 1SGT placement or a demotion to LT (Being indicated to make a demotion appeal while continuing CO work within UNGOC) however you choosen to straight up resign from the UNGOC entirely
The point stands of me being forced down, basically being a demotion.

"Puggo"

Dec 30, 2022
Name: Second/The Twilight (GOC)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:85768677
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA: USA
Level of appeal (2 or 3): 2
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: I did in TeamSpeak to GEN Finder, he dismissed my case.
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: GEN Finder, TS
Rank demoted from: LTGEN
Who demoted you?: GEN Finder
Date of demotion?: 10/10/2023

What is the case against you?: "Consistent problematic behavior and toxicity"
Is this true?: To be honest, I have no idea. I was given zero proof of the alleged behavior, and never given any specific examples. Just told "I've seen it".
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: In GOC, one time by GEN Banker (1SGT to SGT), was handled via a demotion appeal
Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: 1SGT to SGT Demotion Appeal (Accepted) | Omega-1 LTCOM Demotion Appeal (Denied)

What is your side of the story?:

The start of this incident was a DM from Super Admin Mercer to discuss a situation of alleged harassment against a user named "Puggo", or "Bulanos" in the 1 clip provided to me, as well as a claim of Job Abuse. After speaking with Mercer for roughly an hour, he had heard my side and his side of events and had come to his own conclusions. Said conclusions were discussed with 2 member of NL and were deemed to be blowing a situation out of proportion.

The 2 incidents in question were:
- Harassment of "Puggo"/"Bulanos"
- Job abuse to kill a captive GOC on my Nu-7 whitelist

- Harassment -

The claims of harassment did not get very far, as the member in question was unable to procure more than 1 clip of me telling him to "fuck off" after he had taken my GEN captive against their will and the fact that I went to Omega-1 Command and CI Regimental Command to report claims of anti-LGBT behavior from this user to their respective faction leaders, both of which are true. I have 2 clips of this individual saying things to me that could be seen as transphobia, and I have actively taken strides to avoid any interaction with the individual in question for quite some time due to said comments. (If a member of SSL or NL reviewing this would like to see the clips, please DM me on discord, tsdksecond). I did not ever go out of my way to harass or belittle Puggo, in fact for a while I saw him as a friend of mine and defended him when a lot of people were rude to him or judged him unfairly. Overall, this was ruled by SSL/NL to be blown out of proportion (from what I was told by Mercer).

- Job Abuse -

The claims of Job Abuse were very confusing to me, as the basis was that in the midst of a GOC Infiltration CMission I got on Nu-7 to kill some GOC and CI who were raiding. I died mid-raid and decided to just play Nu-7 for a little while as I had been on GOC for quite some time. I had stayed on the Nu-7 whitelist for about 45 minutes after the raid had ended, after which I got on Overseer Assistant and walked around with O5 for a bit, to which I got back on to GOC to do a promotion ceremony for a new LT who had just gotten on. The reason for the complaint specifically was due to me killing a GOC who was "captive", though he was not in cuffs nor was he under FearRP. Provided here is a clip of the incident from the perspective of DoM Dinklesprinkle. Basic idea was GOC called out as raiding, I see GOC in medbay walking around, me and A-1 shoot him. Like the prior claim, this was ruled by SSL/NL to be blown out of proportion to my understanding from Mercer.

- Removal Reason -

The official reason for my removal from my LTGEN position was "consistently causing problems". In an approximately 30 minute discussion with Finder, I explained that he had never come to me regarding any of the alleged reports against me, nor could he procure any form of evidence about the reports. He had told me he had been getting continous reports about me, and when I asked why he never brought them to me, he told me it was not his responsibility to and that the individuals in question should have brought it to me. When I said they didn't, he said "That isn't my problem". A lack of communication was common, as I made several attempts to reach out to Finder to discuss his plans for the future and got very minimal besides "Let me cook" or "I'm working on something". It was very commonplace for me to be caught off guard by things, this was no different. After SSL made their verdict on the case of being overblown, he stuck by removal from my position. I was given 3 options, being resign honorably, get discharged dishonorably, or get demoted to LT dishonorably. I chose resign honorably (I was told I could make a demotion appeal for this because I was forced into resigning). Throughout the entire conversation, Mercer was present and was witness to all of this. In this entire conversation, I was never told a specific instance of doing something wrong, nor was I given any proof to back up claims. The most I was given was "I saw it, and it's my regiment". I will admit I did have 1 active strike for taking RP a little too far and siding with CI for 1 event, but it was discussed with me and finder and was only a 1 month strike.

- Conclusion -

Overall, I have reason to believe that this demotion was done out of a place of bias and no real rationale. I was never given any explicit reasoning for my removal, and Finder actually explicitly told me it was "not his problem" to tell me when I was being reported for misconduct, which I still don't know what I did, even after being removed. The 2 prior claims that SSL/NL dismissed were not involved in it, as stated by Finder, due to them being deemed invalid. I have put my heart and soul into GOC from the beginning, I push for RP heavily and have tried my best to make GOC fun and engaging for everyone, be it the RP focused members or the combative focused members.

I hope whoever reads this takes my side into account, and whoever is reviewing this please do not hesitate to reach me on Discord (tsdksecond) if you need clarifications on anything I have written.
So IDK what you were told by SSL or NL but they said this to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-10 212844.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 212844.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 143

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @Second ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a roleplay demotion appeal.

After reviewing the facts, you are appealing a demotion that unfortunately did not happen, should you have opted to take the demotion then this request would have been reasonable, however at this time you took the choice of resigning, thus a demotion appeal is invalid as you were not demoted from the regiment.

Due to the fact SL were involved within the appeal, this appeal should have been tagged as a Level 3 escalation, and as such this has been treated as such as per the guidelines
Level 3 Appeal (Escalated Appeal) - Decided by Server Leadership (or by Network Leadership, if Server Leadership were involved in your demotion)​

As this was a Level 3 appeal, you unfortunately may no longer appeal this demotion.

Kind Regards,
Yeke​

Status
Not open for further replies.