Denied Self Reporting Deaths- D-Class

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack 123456

Apr 28, 2023
What does this suggestion change This suggestion will allow Dclass to "pickup body cam footage" of deaths. Countless sergeants have been kiling me today in airlock with no warnings at all. But I can't report it to ethics because of the new self reporting death rule. This completely gets rid of D-classes rights to ethics in most cases it is utilized.

Possible Positives of the suggestion Gives D class more ethical rights, makes unethical GenSec get caught and called out more, lets IA agents do their job more, have more fun and more RP.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion None?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: Prevents the common minging of gensec to go unpunished

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
bro this is serious RP which is realitc this doesnt make rp sense at all -support

ERaven

Donator
Mar 7, 2023
-/+ Neutral Support.

D-class can already report through the use of "CCTV" recordings as long as the issue in the report are not their own deaths.

drmeow

Apr 5, 2023
"Countless sergeants have been kiling me today in airlock with no warnings at all."
Then get out of airlock.
-Support

Cheese Cooper

Sep 5, 2022
Hi, IA player here.
This rule is dumb. What's a D-class to do when SGT Aredemer shoots him for no reason? Not RDM, it's an ethics issue. But you can't take it to ethics since you died. You could try to give your footage to IA and make something up about "picking it up" or "CCTV" but since the ruling doesn't let you do that you're just risking getting a NLR and FailRP warn. You're just stuck there, and the guy gets zero punishment.

So you can either A) Have it dealt with IC, and remove the rule so it's possible to do so
or B) Have staff handle it since they don't have a way to report their unethical death in an IC manner, so they'll have to resort to OOC methods.

+Support

You should all play D-class more often.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
Hi, IA player here.
This rule is dumb. What's a D-class to do when SGT Aredemer shoots him for no reason? Not RDM, it's an ethics issue. But you can't take it to ethics since you died. You could try to give your footage to IA and make something up about "picking it up" or "CCTV" but since the ruling doesn't let you do that you're just risking getting a NLR and FailRP warn. You're just stuck there, and the guy gets zero punishment.

So you can either A) Have it dealt with IC, and remove the rule so it's possible to do so
or B) Have staff handle it since they don't have a way to report their unethical death in an IC manner, so they'll have to resort to OOC methods.

+Support

You should all play D-class more often.
i play dclass alot you know how i deal with it not walk into Airlock when gensec unethically terminated people im not dumb enough to walk into the restricted zone i clip it then ask for IA its supposed to be reported by other DCLASS

dont be dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.