Accepted Short QoL Changes to Armoured Regiments (17th and 1stAL)

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni

May 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
1. Give the regimental commander job a vehicle repair tool. (ALREADY INGAME, I GOT MISINFORMATION)
2. Shorten the spread and (if possible) add more stability to the 3rd gunner (commander) seat on the tanks, such as T-90 and M1A2.
3. Reduce arti rocket VFX to reduce lag when shooting, which is extremely noticeable during war.
4. Slow down IFV fire-rate, and give them more damage-per-shot.
5. Give Armoured Regiments access to GMG-capable vehicles.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to this extent.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. It makes sense for a Regimental Command position to have every necessary tool to their regiment, such as the vehicle repair tool.
1.1. RC's wouldn't have to keep swapping to engineer job and back in order to fix their vehicles, during war for example.

(ALREADY INGAME, I GOT MISINFORMATION)

2. Right now 3rd seat in Tanks isn't very desirable to have, because it's simply not good enough, 2 in a MBT and 1 on foot shouldn't be better than having 3 people in a MBT.

3. Self-explanatory

4. This would make IFV's more entertaining to play, considering vehicles like that dont tend to last very much on the battlefield, and having to repeatedly shoot whilst standing still, doing minimal damage, is not very fun to play.

5. This type of vehicle should be shared between Infantry and Armoured Regiments, it can be useful depending on the situation, and sometimes ISAF/IVG cannot spare people to use it.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
1. None.

2. None.

3. Depending on how it's done, the rockets could become harder to see for both the helis and the Arti gunners.

4. Making IFV's gameplay more hit&run could make them slightly stronger in certain scenarios, but overall it's not an extremely "bad" negative, as it would make armoured regiments take out a bigger variety of vehicles.

5. Could conflict with IVG/ISAF.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
To preface, most of these ideas have been thought out between me, 17th and other 1stAL members.
All of these changes would considerably improve our QoL, between all that could be changed, I don't think most of these changes would make a huge difference to war efforts, but it would make our regiments more fun to be played, and enjoyed, as this could work well to bring more people over to these regiments.
The Arti one would particularly be useful towards everyone on the server, maybe not for whoever is flying the enemy helicopter, but the significant lag reduction would be amazing.
There aren't many things to be said, most of these changes are pure QoL, aside from the situationals 3 and 4. Even if they take long to implement, we would be happy just knowing they would be implemented. Godbless.

EDIT: Regarding point 1: Can someone confirm if the 17th/1stAL (actually ingame) get the vehicle repair tool?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
+support
Unsure about the +support, mainly cause:

Regimental Commander, I agree in a way, but at same time, if u gone be driving a tank, would be better to use a Engineer job or a job with repair tool, instead of that?

That depends, the spread and stability, can be due to a lot of factors, terrain, distance and etc, and also the tank in cause, realistic T90 and A2 aren't that modern, so technology is not the best in them, compared to more modern tanks, but at same time I can see why it can be a pain

I think you mean that when a tank shoots, it can cause a lag spike? If that's it I agree, it's a real pain that when a tank shoots, it seems to freeze the server for a second and then continue, it can also affect Helicopters I think, since WAC is well WACK

IFV, such as Bradley, BTR and etc is a hard one, even with lower fire rate, and higher damage, I think they will still be busted, cause the explosion radius is really big, and with gmod physics, you can damage someone through a whole wall, even tho it makes no sense, also for ground units, dealing with these vehicles is already a pain, cause after 1 AT4, it's hard get a second one without getting blasted

I agree, and personally, not really GMG, but something cooler like Artillery Vehicles, so a slow firing, but big damage to people and structures, and can shoot in a arch

Markous Fenix

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 16, 2021
+1 i have nothing to say after this..... why do you keep doing suggestion, Are you Albert Einsteincat.PNG

Toni

May 23, 2022
+support
Unsure about the +support, mainly cause:

Regimental Commander, I agree in a way, but at same time, if u gone be driving a tank, would be better to use a Engineer job or a job with repair tool, instead of that?

That depends, the spread and stability, can be due to a lot of factors, terrain, distance and etc, and also the tank in cause, realistic T90 and A2 aren't that modern, so technology is not the best in them, compared to more modern tanks, but at same time I can see why it can be a pain

I think you mean that when a tank shoots, it can cause a lag spike? If that's it I agree, it's a real pain that when a tank shoots, it seems to freeze the server for a second and then continue, it can also affect Helicopters I think, since WAC is well WACK

IFV, such as Bradley, BTR and etc is a hard one, even with lower fire rate, and higher damage, I think they will still be busted, cause the explosion radius is really big, and with gmod physics, you can damage someone through a whole wall, even tho it makes no sense, also for ground units, dealing with these vehicles is already a pain, cause after 1 AT4, it's hard get a second one without getting blasted

I agree, and personally, not really GMG, but something cooler like Artillery Vehicles, so a slow firing, but big damage to people and structures, and can shoot in a arch
T-90 and the A2s stabilizers are more than good for their age, but my prob is kinda only with the machinegun on the commander seat, it seems to be way worse than the one on the gunner. By the lag spike I mean the Arti Rockets exclusively, it's painful during war.
Yea the IFV one is very situational, they definetly should do more damage, but in return not have such a high rate of fire

Markous Fenix

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 16, 2021
I'm just trying to suggest stuff that would improve the general feel/gameplay of armoured regiments
so much backlog, I am 100% sure the devs hate me
Ya from all the suggestions i wonder why lmao

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
T-90 and the A2s stabilizers are more than good for their age, but my prob is kinda only with the machinegun on the commander seat, it seems to be way worse than the one on the gunner. By the lag spike I mean the Arti Rockets exclusively, it's painful during war.
Yea the IFV one is very situational, they definetly should do more damage, but in return not have such a high rate of fire
You can check my document, that machine gun might be the normal one, the T90 has High Caliber Explosive AP Rounds
1 Machine Gun + 1 Mounted

So the one with worse control is probably the normal machine gun instead of the mounted one

And yeah, also a smaller explosive range, especially since there's 3 or 4 vehicles with explosive ammo

Henrik

Aug 13, 2023
Norway
+ Support

AOR RC Job already has all the tools that every other job in aor has, and I don't see why a repair tool can't be added to the kit.
With the tanks and stuff like that I believe that it should be looked into at least and see if something can be done with it.

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @Toni ,
Your suggestion has been accepted.
We will look into this
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​