Denied Simon's Idea for Medical Department Revamp

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
This will be discussed with the Content team but mostly I want current public opinion on this matter as currently, medic RP is terrible.

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Part 1 - Revamp to the Downing and Healing System

Once a person's health reaches 0 (Unless he was headshotted) he will enter the "Downed state" unlike the current system he is uncuffable but shootable, he can be walked over (there will be no collision with entities).
During this state, the downed person is unable to "Give Up" this will last for 15-30 seconds (Needs further discussion).
By pressing E you may slowly drag him either to cover or closer to the medic.
The doctor's medkit will show what has been damaged on the wounded person (Left foot, Right Foot, Left leg, Right leg...), The doctor will have to heal the specific spots the wounded person was shot/damaged at.

Every Limb would contribute to debuffs such as:
Left Foot = 100%-0% = 100% Speed - 75% Speed
Right Foot = 100%-0% = 100% Speed - 75% Speed
Left Leg = 100%-0% = 100% Speed - 75% Speed
Right Leg = 100%-0% = 100% Speed - 75% Speed

Left Arm = 100%-0% = 100% Weapon Swap Speed - 75% Weapon Swap Speed
Right Arm = 100%-0% = 100% Weapon Swap Speed - 75% Weapon Swap Speed
Left Hand = 100%-0% = 100% Weapon Swap Speed - 75% Weapon Swap Speed
Right Hand = 100%-0% = 100% Weapon Swap Speed - 75% Weapon Swap Speed

Torso = 100%-0% = at 75% You start bleeding, at 0 % you go to the "Downed State"
Head = 100%-0% = at 75% Bad vision, at 0 % you go to the "Dead State"

(Only Torso can bleed)
All effects stack so
if you have your Right arm and left hand are at 0 % your Swap speed will be at 50%
or Left foot to 50% and Right foot to 25% your speed would be 31% Speed reduction

Dead State :
After a person dies in the Downed state either by shooting him or running out of his time he will enter the Dead State.
Medics can use their Defibrillator to try and revive the person for 10-20 seconds.
3 charges maximum will be used on a person with these success rates :
25 % // 50 % // 100 %
Each try takes 1 Charge of the Defibrillator.
After the 10-20 seconds elapsed there is no point of return and they will have to respawn at their desired location.

Current Items Changes and my additions :
Medkit - Given to medics // can heal 10-15 Limbs and can stop bleeding permanently // Can be refilled at the dispenser or an ammo stash
Field Kit - Obtained from the dispenser // Can heal 3 Limbs and can stop 1 bleeding permanently // Cannot be refilled but thrown away after depleted
Bandage - Obtained from the dispenser // Can heal 1 Limb or stop 1 bleeding for 5 minutes // Cooldown on the dispenser is 5 minutes //One-time use
Doctors Syringe Gun - Given to medics // Refillable syringe gun that can apply morphine on short-range // Refilled at the dispenser or an ammo stash
Morphine - Applied by Doctors Syringe Gun // For 1 minute ignore all debuffs and bleeding, gain instant max 120 health (it caps at 120) and a rush of speed.
After it runs out he will have 20% speed won't be able to shoot or interact and will have bad vision effect for 20 seconds. will continue bleeding Defibrillator - Given to medics // has 5 charges that need to be "reloaded" during their use // Used to bring back a person from the Dead State. Can also be used to reset the heart (New EST for psychiatrists) // Can be restocked at the dispenser or an ammo stash.
Part 2 - Command Structure and a new Job
Director of Medicine - Whitelisted
Medical Consultant - Whitelisted
Combat Medic - Medical License + !ApproveMedic by Medical Consultant+ (They would have their own Roster)
Certified Doctor - Medical License + !ApproveDoctor by Medical Consultant+ (Same roster as Combat Medics)
Doctor/Psychiatrist - Medical License
Medical Trainee - Total Level 5

Certified Doctor - Clearance 3 doctor that represents the medical department, he excels at Psychology (Can do the job of a Psychiatrist) and is an expert at healing.
Wears Biohazard gear to prevent infection when dealing with random SCPs

Part 3 - Effects of SCPs and mental health
Insanity - (This is an RP effect) After long exposure to SCPs person becomes insane. A person becomes irrational and has murderous tendencies, he understands simple concepts of a friend or not a friend but if he has a chance to kill someone he will take it and will enjoy every second of it (This is not RDM get out of jail card it just makes you want to kill trespassers/wandering d-class or in d-class view he will try and kill any foundation personnel in a crazy way, usually by using a dagger). This can be cured by a Psychiatrist/ Certified Doctor+.
Schizophrenia - After long exposure to SCPs person becomes Schizophrenic. A person starts seeing things that aren't actually there such as a keycard/a gun on the floor yet when he interacts with it disappears. Random people that he has never seen etc. Each time he interacts with one of these items or people he loses health. This can be cured by a Psychiatrist/Certified Doctor+.
Hyper-Activity - After long exposure to SCPs person gets a hyper-activity effect. A person starts moving uncontrollably such as jumping crouching and walking when it isn't necessary or appropriate. This can be cured by a Psychiatrist/ Certified Doctor+.
SCP 035 Effect after failed possession - You have an extreme urge to come back and put on the mask. All you can think about is the mask. You do not care what tries to stop you, you will put on the mask. After 20 Minutes of not treating this the urge becomes reality. The effect also stops if you see someone with the mask on. This can be cured by a Psychiatrist/ Certified Doctor+.
SCP 099 Effect (Everyone staring) - This can be cured by a Doctor/Certified Doctor+ by using either amnestic treatment or psychological treatment.
SCP 106 After Effect - Slowly decaying body parts after ~15 minutes all body parts are decayed and this effect will spread to the torso and the head. Will have to take ??? pills. This can be cured by a Doctor/Certified Doctor+.
SCP 939 Effect - After spending too much time around 939s chamber (30 mins per life) you start to forget who you are, where you are, and the people around you. After 12 minutes of not treating this you have an extreme urge to jump into 939s chamber. This can be cured by a Psychiatrist/Certified Doctor+.
SCP 7722 Effect - You have been around 7722 for too long. Your belief in Christianity is so strong you throw away everything unimportant and try to flee the facility in a non-lethal way. This can be cured by a Psychiatrist/Certified Doctor+.
SCP 682 Effect - You have been next to the lizard so long your hearing starts to get worse and worse with every step he takes. You do not hear and will have to rely on either sign language or written text to know what people want (/me signs: What the fuck do you mean you don't hear shit Private). This can be cured by a Doctor/Certified Doctor+.
SCP 096 Effect - That screaming creature has cannot shut up! Same effect as 682 you slowly stop hearing and will have to rely on sign language. This can be cured by a Doctor/Certified Doctor+.
SCP 1025 Effects - (Book of Common Diseases)
Can't walk - This can be cured by a Doctor/Certified Doctor+.
Can't Speak - This can be cured by a Doctor/Certified Doctor+.
Becomes Blind - This can be cured by a Doctor/Certified Doctor+.
Insanity - This can be cured by a Psychiatrist/Certified Doctor+.
Can't move - This can be cured by a Doctor/Certified Doctor+.
Schizophrenia - This can be cured by a Psychiatrist/Certified Doctor+.
Hyper-Activity - This can be cured by a Psychiatrist/Certified Doctor+.

SCP 409 Effect - After someone has been infected by SCP 409 Doctor/Certified Doctor+ will be called to pour a substance onto the subject to remove Crystals from the area (It also kills the subject).
SCP 966 Effect - When you are near 966 for too long you get Schizophrenia.
Custom GM Effect - Menu for GMs to make their own effect text explanation and how to apply it to who and when. Who to ignore and who to target and their Cure.

After curing mental or physical effects both parties are rewarded with 100 $ and some XP for doing so.

Part 4 - Changes to player models and changes to EST
This is quite an obvious one but the current player models for medics and doctors are outdated so with the revamp also would come model changes.

When it comes to EST it never made sense and it is time to change it.
If someone is disguised by using 914 or has any other anomalous effects it will be investigated by the medical team. Using the Kant counter will reveal the subject and use a Reality anchor to undo his anomalous shenanigans. When it comes to disguises those will be able to be stripped by the interrogation tool (There is no use for right-clicking anyway).

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
A lot of RP and more Ideas for Diseases.
Passive RP for Combat
Updated Playermodels
A lot of things make more sense
EST stops existing (Or can be reused by psychiatrists)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
A lot and I mean ALOT of Development
But honestly this revamp had it coming since the medical department is currently useless

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Other than Development there aren't really negatives other than public opinion

If you have read through the entire thing please leave a comment on what you think should be in and what shouldn't.
Of course your opinion matters as well but you also gotta keep in mind that these changes would balance a lot of stuff when it comes to combat, although I did skip some stuff such as armor and sniper rifles due to the fact that it doesn't involve the medical department.

Reactions: Silverback

Asp

May 17, 2022
+Support
Yes this would need a ton of development to be done, but, It is a unique and very well written suggestion, It would give Medical a much needed refresher in my opinion, But should add some more SCP effects like 999 fixing all mental health while he is playing with you

Moon

Jul 12, 2022
I like this a lot, some I agree with and some I don't. I don't want to give a + or a - support but I agree with a lot of your points, overall a well written suggestion that deserves thinking about.

One thing I dislike with the current medical department is how they are forced to handle rp. Currently EST is the "cure all" for everything medical related and it makes no sense killing a person and reviving them because they are mentally ill. I've always hated EST and I think this is a good change/idea for removing it.

One big issue I have is what will happen when there are no medical personnel on? Currently if there are no medics all you have to do is grab a field kit but with all the mental disorders and effects the SCPs have this might be a big issue. I can also see the restocking thing getting very annoying for medical personnel but I think the current medkit that is no RP and has infinite healing needs to be changed somehow, and the idea for the limb debuffs and actually having to check the person out is a great idea or a base for a revamp at least.

The dead state idea is very interesting, if done right it could be very neat. Currently people are able to just stay dead and wait for a medic to report a DC or anything on the line of that. I'm not sure how I feel about the charges but it could be interesting.

Medical 100% needs a revamp and this is at least a step in the right direction, even if this is not accepted I hope that at least some ideas are considered (please remove EST for the love of god).

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
I'm gonna go neutral on this.

This seems very complicated for newer players who just want you to stay alive.

The system we have now is fine and balanced

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
I really liked all of these idea's alot of them could also tie in well with current suggestions i have in my backlog of suggestions (i have a doc n everything lmao) and also the suggestions already accepted but neglected by devs and such. maybe some day we can have a small sit down with yeke and make a "mega" suggestion as a form of complete medical overhaul instead of the 3 of us trying to help/fix medbay on our own through multiple suggestions that may overlap eachother or are just generally extremely disorganised due to lack of communication and such.

(i also really liked the 999 idea penumbra commented and got me thinking of other scps that could help with certain effects)

Last edited:

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
I like this a lot, some I agree with and some I don't. I don't want to give a + or a - support but I agree with a lot of your points, overall a well written suggestion that deserves thinking about.

One thing I dislike with the current medical department is how they are forced to handle rp. Currently EST is the "cure all" for everything medical related and it makes no sense killing a person and reviving them because they are mentally ill. I've always hated EST and I think this is a good change/idea for removing it.

One big issue I have is what will happen when there are no medical personnel on? Currently if there are no medics all you have to do is grab a field kit but with all the mental disorders and effects the SCPs have this might be a big issue. I can also see the restocking thing getting very annoying for medical personnel but I think the current medkit that is no RP and has infinite healing needs to be changed somehow, and the idea for the limb debuffs and actually having to check the person out is a great idea or a base for a revamp at least.

The dead state idea is very interesting, if done right it could be very neat. Currently people are able to just stay dead and wait for a medic to report a DC or anything on the line of that. I'm not sure how I feel about the charges but it could be interesting.

Medical 100% needs a revamp and this is at least a step in the right direction, even if this is not accepted I hope that at least some ideas are considered (please remove EST for the love of god).
i agree on the EST thing i believe there needs to be an alternative for all the current reasons for EST to be used. i feel it should be a last resort and i mean LAST resort.

RoxieCat2003

Oct 29, 2022
+ support, i love it, one thing i do wanna say tho
966 would also give insomnia, its a lore characteristic and is why there the sleep killer, they stalk and there breath forces an almost incurable insomnia, the victim dies when there insanely lacked of sleep, to be fair tho seeing things would most likely accompany this

Snow

Jan 31, 2023
+/-
Yeah some things could be added but without that bleeding and dead state thingy as that would impact combat heavily

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
+ support, i love it, one thing i do wanna say tho
966 would also give insomnia, its a lore characteristic and is why there the sleep killer, they stalk and there breath forces an almost incurable insomnia, the victim dies when there insanely lacked of sleep, to be fair tho seeing things would most likely accompany this
Thank you for the + Support
Diseases would be a matter that would need to be talked about, there are a lot of diseases that may come from random situations I just listed the ones that I thought would be appropriate. Of course, I have written only my ideas but there are more people that can talk about this matter and find more interesting diseases.
I really liked all of these idea's alot of them could also tie in well with current suggestions i have in my backlog of suggestions (i have a doc n everything lmao) and also the suggestions already accepted but neglected by devs and such. maybe some day we can have a small sit down with yeke and make a "mega" suggestion as a form of complete medical overhaul instead of the 3 of us trying to help/fix medbay on our own through multiple suggestions that may overlap eachother or are just generally extremely disorganised due to lack of communication and such.

(i also really liked the 999 idea penumbra commented and got me thinking of other scps that could help with certain effects)
Thanks for the Reply
I get that Devs neglect most of this due to the fact that this is a lot of work for just one department and at the same time we do not have a lot of devs that have the time to work on this. I have made this suggestion mostly so I know what other people think, to get some attention to this matter and I also want to speak with the content team when we have a meeting. If you do have more suggestions when it comes to the Medical Department I am willing to go over them just like you suggested. Although when it comes to making a "Mega Suggestion" I do not think it is a good idea since I believe nobody would read it.
I'm gonna go neutral on this.

This seems very complicated for newer players who just want you to stay alive.

The system we have now is fine and balanced
Thanks for the Reply
The system may seem fine and balanced until you realize that the medic is there to run up to the person to heal and then run off or EST them.
This would encourage more RP and less Combat in sense of go there- Die- Respawn- Go there and repeat. People's life would matter and would highly eliminate the Respawn Timer between the foundation and CI.
When it comes to the new players I believe if they want a medical license they should invest some time in understanding how the system works.

Thanks for the Reply
This is mostly what I wanted from all of you. A small "Paragraph" on what you like and dislike and what you see as issues that may be resolved.
I agree with the EST part it doesn't make sense and should be removed.
Regarding the Issue when there is no medical on. I have this in my notes but I haven't written it here since it would just take useless amounts of time and I didn't want you to shift attention to this.
So ill write it here:
Medical Cabinet Changes :
After no medical personnel are on-site or if all medical personnel are sleeping (AFK) others will gain temporary access to the medical cabinet where they will be able to dispense drugs to heal various mental illnesses.
These Drugs are Pre-cooked by medical personnel and they should keep at least 10 drugs in the medical cabinet for emergencies. These drugs do not cost any money but they take time to cook. If non-medical personnel takes out the drug It will cost them 100$, Medical consultants+ (Only one of them) are able to claim and distribute the money to their department.
------------------------------
The charges on the Defibrillator are in my opinion a good idea so the medics know who it is more important to revive in a limited time zone.
Once again thanks for the reply moon :)
+Support
Yes this would need a ton of development to be done, but, It is a unique and very well written suggestion, It would give Medical a much needed refresher in my opinion, But should add some more SCP effects like 999 fixing all mental health while he is playing with you
Thanks for the + Support
As I have stated in RoxieCat2003's post all of these are just my ideas there are more diseases and cures for mental sickness.
+/-
Yeah some things could be added but without that bleeding and dead state thingy as that would impact combat heavily
Thanks for the Reply
This would impact combat heavily, yes.
But I believe it would turn the server in a better direction than it is right now.

Once again Thank you all for replying if anyone has any other ideas and problems with this revamp do not be scared to write them down and I will most likely explain how I would solve them.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Thank you for the + Support
Diseases would be a matter that would need to be talked about, there are a lot of diseases that may come from random situations I just listed the ones that I thought would be appropriate. Of course, I have written only my ideas but there are more people that can talk about this matter and find more interesting diseases.

Thanks for the Reply
I get that Devs neglect most of this due to the fact that this is a lot of work for just one department and at the same time we do not have a lot of devs that have the time to work on this. I have made this suggestion mostly so I know what other people think, to get some attention to this matter and I also want to speak with the content team when we have a meeting. If you do have more suggestions when it comes to the Medical Department I am willing to go over them just like you suggested. Although when it comes to making a "Mega Suggestion" I do not think it is a good idea since I believe nobody would read it.

Thanks for the Reply
The system may seem fine and balanced until you realize that the medic is there to run up to the person to heal and then run off or EST them.
This would encourage more RP and less Combat in sense of go there- Die- Respawn- Go there and repeat. People's life would matter and would highly eliminate the Respawn Timer between the foundation and CI.
When it comes to the new players I believe if they want a medical license they should invest some time in understanding how the system works.

Thanks for the Reply
This is mostly what I wanted from all of you. A small "Paragraph" on what you like and dislike and what you see as issues that may be resolved.
I agree with the EST part it doesn't make sense and should be removed.
Regarding the Issue when there is no medical on. I have this in my notes but I haven't written it here since it would just take useless amounts of time and I didn't want you to shift attention to this.
So ill write it here:
Medical Cabinet Changes :
After no medical personnel are on-site or if all medical personnel are sleeping (AFK) others will gain temporary access to the medical cabinet where they will be able to dispense drugs to heal various mental illnesses.
These Drugs are Pre-cooked by medical personnel and they should keep at least 10 drugs in the medical cabinet for emergencies. These drugs do not cost any money but they take time to cook. If non-medical personnel takes out the drug It will cost them 100$, Medical consultants+ (Only one of them) are able to claim and distribute the money to their department.
------------------------------
The charges on the Defibrillator are in my opinion a good idea so the medics know who it is more important to revive in a limited time zone.
Once again thanks for the reply moon :)

Thanks for the + Support
As I have stated in RoxieCat2003's post all of these are just my ideas there are more diseases and cures for mental sickness.

Thanks for the Reply
This would impact combat heavily, yes.
But I believe it would turn the server in a better direction than it is right now.

Once again Thank you all for replying if anyone has any other ideas and problems with this revamp do not be scared to write them down and I will most likely explain how I would solve them.
I'm talking about the whole limb and SCP system

That would take alot of time for new players to learn and just get VERY confused.

Silverback

Dec 26, 2022
+/-
There is a bunch of cool stuff in here however a lot seems kinda impossible to program/ implement or uphold, unless that the people affect by the effects of 7722 or insanity are willing to go full on out on the rp

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
I'm talking about the whole limb and SCP system

That would take alot of time for new players to learn and just get VERY confused.
Medical practice is an extremely complex process that can take people months to learn, i get this is a Gmod server but alas it is a Serious RP server meaning some aspects should be realistic despite nature of the RP type.
plus a pretty substantial part of Medical leadership is teaching Medical how to do their job... which frankly is extremely limited as it is basically "click them, EST that, write document for X" we have next else to nothing to do outside of documentation related RP as no one seems to want sit down for a second without shooting someone. if we are to keep Medical a Point & Click adventure of a department we might aswell remove it and give every regiment/department their own medical role.

Last edited:

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Medical practice is an extremely complex process that can take people months to learn, i get this is a Gmod server but alas it is a Serious RP server meaning some aspects should be realistic despite nature of the RP type.
plus a pretty substantial part of Medical leadership is teaching Medical how to do their job... which frankly is extremely limited as it is basically "click them, EST that, write document for X" we have next else to nothing to do outside of documentation related RP as no one seems to want sit down for a second without shooting someone. if we are to keep Medical a Point & Click adventure of a department we might aswell remove it and give every regiment/department their own medical role.
Taking serious rp

Way to serious as u said it's a gmod server

This can deter new players away trying to learn a unnecessary complex system when the current system is fine and enjoyable and easy to learn

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
+/-
There is a bunch of cool stuff in here however a lot seems kinda impossible to program/ implement or uphold, unless that the people affect by the effects of 7722 or insanity are willing to go full on out on the rp
Thanks for the Reply
People who gain insanity and other effects should be willingly RP in that manner.
These "Diseases" are just to give them a reason to do RP differently and at the same time it wouldn't count as FailRP.
Taking serious rp

Way to serious as u said it's a gmod server

This can deter new players away trying to learn a unnecessary complex system when the current system is fine and enjoyable and easy to learn
Hello Sam
I do not believe this is a "Complex System" I believe you understand what a broken arm or leg is and you should know that it needs to be treated by a doctor. And for older players that want to treat wounds, it would be more fun to do so. In the current system, I do not see anything enjoyable other than extremely combat-friendly healing and revives.

Juju

May 1, 2022
Neutral I don't really Know what this is But having A Quick Look it Looks Good.

L.Saint

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jul 21, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Simon "Kitton" A.,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. With the current state of medical we do not believe this would improve general server health.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.