Feb 4, 2024
In-game name: "Ethos"
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:63726738
For how long have you played on our servers?: Around 3 months
What country are you from?: England
Time Zone: GMT
Do you have a mic?: Yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones:
Yes, this is my first application for a Developer position.

Have you received any bans?:
No, I have not received any bans.

How confident are you with Blender/Maya/3DSMax (or any other software that applies) (Rate yourself 1-10 using one rating guide):
I would rate my confidence level at 7. While I primarily work with Photoshop and Adobe XD.

Do you have previous experience as an Artist for GMod?:
Yes, I have previous experience as an artist specifically within the GMod community, collaborating with Judge to create and remake posters for SCPRP. This work has honed my skills in digital art and design, directly relevant to the Developer position.

Why do you want to be a Artist? What can you help us with?:
I aspire to be an Artist because I have a deep passion for creating and contributing to visual storytelling that engages and inspires communities. My skills in digital art, honed through projects like poster creation for SCPRP, equip me to bring unique, impactful visuals to your team. I am excited to leverage my expertise in design and collaboration to enhance your projects and help bring your visions to life.

Which server(s) on Civil Networks do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for? Have you made & edited any models before? If so attach some images showcasing your model or edit:

I actively play on the SCPRP server within Civil Networks and would prefer to focus my mapping and artistic contributions there. My experience in creating and editing visual content is demonstrated through various posters I have designed or enhanced for realism and thematic depth in the SCPRP context.
Images

List any ideas of new models or edits for CN that you would like to work on:

I am excited to propose several ideas for new 2D models or edits that could enhance the CN experience, particularly within SCPRP:

1. **Custom UI Elements:** Designing unique, thematic user interface elements that enhance the usability and aesthetic of the server, creating a more immersive and cohesive experience for players.

2. **Promotional Posters and Graphics:** Developing engaging posters and graphics for community events, updates, or announcements, which can help in attracting and retaining players while fostering a vibrant community atmosphere.

3. **Texture Updates for 2D Assets:** Refreshing existing 2D assets with updated textures or styles, which can reinvigorate the look and feel of various elements within the game, improving visual appeal and player engagement.

4. **Icon Sets for In-Game Items:** Creating distinctive and thematic icon sets for in-game items or menus, enhancing clarity and enriching the game's visual language.

5. **Environmental Storytelling Elements:** Crafting detailed 2D backdrops or elements that can be integrated into maps, adding depth and context to the environments, which enriches the role-playing experience.

6. **Character and Item Illustrations:** Producing detailed illustrations of characters or items that could be used for various purposes, such as in-game assets, promotional materials, or community engagement.

I look forward to the opportunity to discuss these ideas further and explore how my 2D design skills can contribute positively to the CN community and SCPRP server.

How confident are you with QC? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):

I would rate my current experience with QC as 1 out of 10, as my primary focus has been on 2D artwork. However, I am very eager to expand my skill set and am willing to learn more about 3D artwork and QC to enhance my contributions to the team

Do you have any experience with Crowbar?:

I do not have any experience with Crowbar. However, I am open to learning new tools and eager to expand my skill set to better contribute to the team and community.

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?:

Given my current job in public service with shift patterns, my availability varies. However, I am dedicated to contributing meaningfully to the team. On average, I can commit to 2-4 hours per night on workdays. On my rest days and during annual leave, I can extend this to 5 hours or more. I am eager to allocate this time to developing and ensuring I make a significant and valuable contribution to the community.

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?:

I want to be a Developer because I am passionate about leveraging my skills in 2D artwork to contribute to meaningful projects that enhance user experiences. My expertise in creating engaging, high-quality visual content can help in various aspects of development, from UI design to promotional materials, adding value and depth to the community's projects.

I am particularly skilled at translating ideas into visual designs that resonate with audiences and am adept at working collaboratively to bring these concepts to life. By joining as a Developer, I look forward to contributing to the team's success, applying my artistic talents and creativity to support our shared goals, and learning new skills that can further enrich our community's offerings.

Ethos

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Feb 4, 2024
Thank you for pointing this out. For clarification, the first image on Imgur was adapted for in-game use, and I did not claim it as my own original design. However, the rest of the images posted are my own creations. I will ensure that proper credit is given for the adapted image and clarify the ownership of the other artworks.

Judge

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 10, 2022
+ Support

You're already helping me with content I am working on, I think you would be a great asset to the art team.

Lenny the burger

Mar 1, 2024
Hey man, you didnt adapt anything. All of my art is hosted on imgur so that it can be used with a specific addon to create posters in gmod, so it has already been adapted. If you mean you used vtf edit to change the art into in game textures that is literally 3 buttons and you did not post the vtfs anyway. Please remove my work from your "portfolio".

Ethos

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Feb 4, 2024
Hey man, you didnt adapt anything. All of my art is hosted on imgur so that it can be used with a specific addon to create posters in gmod, so it has already been adapted. If you mean you used vtf edit to change the art into in game textures that is literally 3 buttons and you did not post the vtfs anyway. Please remove my work from your "portfolio".
Liam Reed mentioned, "You're already assisting me with the content I am developing." Accordingly, it was adapted for in-game use specifically for his project.

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Good evening @SkullOG

After reading your application I have a few things to ask.

1. In relation to your content as I can see there has been a disagreement in relation to the ownership and licencing of the art provided, however after review the content is distributed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License, but it is noted that during your application you have not stated what you have actually done with the works you have included in Imgur nor have you referred to the terms as per the licence conditions, please could you provide further reasoning into what you have actually done to "adapt" these designs, as it is unclear where your work starts and the original creator ends.

2. After speaking with Judge, he informed me that you utilised AI and "cleaned up" the poster, how much of your work is done from scratch without AI? Do you have any examples?

3. Please could you provide example of your Custom UI elements and expand upon your experience.

4. Promotional Posters and Graphics - Please could you provide examples of work you have done from start to finish? or any current ongoing projects that you are working on that are utilising your skills and not AI.

5. Texture Updates for 2D Assets - Do you have any ideas on what content you would "update" and any examples of past work.

6. Icon Sets for In-Game Items - Do you have any examples of your work that can be traced back to you being used in Garry's Mod?

7. Environmental Storytelling Elements - Do you have any examples of this that can assist in gauging your experience.

8. Character and Item Illustrations - Do you have any examples that can be referred to?

The basis of a developer application does require you to provide a portfolio to accurately judge your abilities, without this, it is hard to establish what your skill level is at.

Finally, in relation to the above comments, as you have not followed the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License, as a company Civil Networks must ensure we are using the correctly licensed material in order to avoid any backlash or further issues relating to theft of artwork or unauthorised use, how will you make sure in future you apply with appropriate licencing?

Reference to the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License

Kind Regards
Yeke

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Application Denied

Hi @SkullOG

After no response from yourself for a while, we will assume at this time you no longer wish to become a developer.

Please feel free to re-apply if you wish to become a developer in the future.

Kind regards
Yeke​

Status
Not open for further replies.