slipstream

Civil Gamers Expert
May 10, 2022
Site-65
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): sparkquick

How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): 3d 17h 59m

In what country are you located?: USA

Time zone: PST

Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): "Slipstream" E11 PVT

Chaos name (include your rank): Dunhill (No Rank)

Civilian name: Zyn [69-MG]

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:83648292

Discord ID (name#0000): dara_ashrafi

Do you have a mic?: Yes

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: No https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-usa-staff-application-zyn.23129/
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: 2 Warns NO BANS
-
Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?: I have real life experience. I work as a kids camp staff member during the summer.
-
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?: Yes.
-
How many hours can you be on everyday?: 2-6 hours per day depending on real life duties.

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?: I am passionate about engaging in serious role-playing, and I'm dedicated to safeguarding and promoting this immersive experience for everyone to enjoy.
-
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?: Given my deep appreciation for serious role-playing, particularly within the SCP universe, I believe I can significantly contribute to enhancing the immersive experience on your server. My understanding of the SCP Foundation's lore is extensive, allowing me to craft detailed, engaging narratives that respect the source material while introducing creative twists that keep the gameplay fresh and captivating.

Furthermore, my commitment to fostering a respectful and inclusive environment stands out. I prioritize ensuring that all players feel welcome and valued, which is crucial for maintaining a positive community atmosphere.

What sets me apart from other applicants is my ability to balance strict adherence to the SCP lore with the flexibility required to adapt to dynamic in-game situations. This unique skill ensures that role-play remains engaging, coherent, and enjoyable for everyone involved. I'm not just here to play; I'm here to enhance the experience for all participants, making our SCP role-play server a standout in the community.

Kufie

Donator
Feb 19, 2023
New york, USA
I have no interactions with you, but im not gonna hold that against you.
Application looks good, i wont lie. I am gonna ask that you post a screenshot of your warnings so staff has an idea of what we are looking at.

Besides that, i think if this is the first time youve been a mod (for any server) that it would be a good way to teach you the right things early on. +support

slipstream

Civil Gamers Expert
May 10, 2022
Site-65
I have no interactions with you, but im not gonna hold that against you.
Application looks good, i wont lie. I am gonna ask that you post a screenshot of your warnings so staff has an idea of what we are looking at.

Besides that, i think if this is the first time youve been a mod (for any server) that it would be a good way to teach you the right things early on. +support
Hi Luke,

I hope you're doing well. To respond to your message regarding my in-game warns, which are 'ERP' and 'Metagaming.'

I want to express my sincere gratitude for your support for my staff application as well.

Reflecting on my actions, I see now how they could be interpreted in a way that doesn't fully align with the community guidelines. It was never my intention to disrupt the game's positive environment or gain an unfair advantage. My aim has always been to contribute to the vibrant and engaging world we're all part of, though I recognize I may have strayed inadvertently. The context of the warns were in situations where OOC and In-Game moments merged together, it was not intentionally done to disrupt the flow of RP. I'm sure you know things are frequently taken out of context in many social situations.

I deeply value the inclusivity and respect that form the foundation of our community. Moving forward, I'm committed to keeping these principles at the forefront of my gameplay. I'm also keen on further clarifying certain guidelines to ensure my future contributions are entirely within the community's spirit.

Please consider this message as my commitment to enhancing our gaming environment and my request for guidance or resources to better understand the boundaries. I'm eager to continue being an active, positive member of our community, respecting the rules and everyone's experience.

Thank you for your understanding and support. Looking forward to making SCP-RP even more enjoyable for everyone involved.

Best regards, Slipstream.

Attachments

• Screenshot (246).png
    Screenshot (246).png
    98.5 KB · Views: 11

Kufie

Donator
Feb 19, 2023
New york, USA
Hi Luke,

I hope you're doing well. To respond to your message regarding my in-game warns, which are 'ERP' and 'Metagaming.'

I want to express my sincere gratitude for your support for my staff application as well.

Reflecting on my actions, I see now how they could be interpreted in a way that doesn't fully align with the community guidelines. It was never my intention to disrupt the game's positive environment or gain an unfair advantage. My aim has always been to contribute to the vibrant and engaging world we're all part of, though I recognize I may have strayed inadvertently. The context of the warns were in situations where OOC and In-Game moments merged together, it was not intentionally done to disrupt the flow of RP. I'm sure you know things are frequently taken out of context in many social situations.

I deeply value the inclusivity and respect that form the foundation of our community. Moving forward, I'm committed to keeping these principles at the forefront of my gameplay. I'm also keen on further clarifying certain guidelines to ensure my future contributions are entirely within the community's spirit.

Please consider this message as my commitment to enhancing our gaming environment and my request for guidance or resources to better understand the boundaries. I'm eager to continue being an active, positive member of our community, respecting the rules and everyone's experience.

Thank you for your understanding and support. Looking forward to making SCP-RP even more enjoyable for everyone involved.

Best regards, Slipstream.
Evening Zyn,

To respond to this, could you give a little context on your recent Metagame(a) warnings, as i do believe you didnt intent to break a rule. I still believe you would be a good staff member, we all live and learn.

- Best wishes, Kufie

slipstream

Civil Gamers Expert
May 10, 2022
Site-65
Evening Zyn,

To respond to this, could you give a little context on your recent Metagame(a) warnings, as i do believe you didnt intent to break a rule. I still believe you would be a good staff member, we all live and learn.

- Best wishes, Kufie
Sure Kufie,

The metagaming warning was issued after I was involved in the apprehension of a D CLASS type blue in HCZ ( alongside two SCU ) disguised as a combat medic. I asked for ID, and one of the SCU stated his name was different than what floated above his head and that his health was higher than usual. Our voices were overlapping, so in this regard I could not prove it was not me who was metagaming.

Best, Slipstream.

slipstream

Civil Gamers Expert
May 10, 2022
Site-65
-support last 2 questions are AI generated
I kindly ask that we maintain a respectful dialogue and refrain from making unfounded accusations. Let's focus on constructive discussions about the matter at hand, which I believe are the essence of our interactions here.

EDIT: I understand the growing capabilities of AI and how they might blur lines in various contexts, but I assure you that the thoughts and insights I share are GENUINELY mine, crafted from my thoughts and written using my own hands. I hold a great amount of respect for punctuality and proper grammar in any sort of professional environment, SUCH AS A STAFF APPLICATION.

- Slipstream.

Xavier Vangray

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Feb 1, 2024
-Support

-Active warns
-AI generated(you can tell because the last question is gone and no one says in regards anymore)
-Replies are also AI
-No actual staff experience

slipstream

Civil Gamers Expert
May 10, 2022
Site-65
-Support

-Active warns
-AI generated(you can tell because the last question is gone and no one says in regards anymore)
-Replies are also AI
-No actual staff experience
Hi Xavier,

Again, I realize that my writing could seem like AI because of my choices in words, however I assure you that is not the case.

Also, the last question on the original application is there. Please read it carefully, I simply did not indent the paragraph ( which was my mistake ).

Best, Slipstream.

Kisuke

SCP-RP Staff
Jan 15, 2024
-Support

After some discussion and AI checks, I am 99% sure that it is AI generated.

slipstream

Civil Gamers Expert
May 10, 2022
Site-65
-Support

After some discussion and AI checks, I am 99% sure that it is AI generated.
Hi Kisuke,

I understand there are concerns regarding my application. I want to address this directly and assure you that my application comes from a genuine place of commitment and respect for the community. In applying for a staff position within SCP-RP, I'm not just seeking a role; I'm aiming to contribute to a community I deeply care about.

I'm interested to understand the expectations around communication style for staff members. Is it wrong for me to write with an advanced level of vocabulary? Am I expected to not be professional in all senses of becoming a staff member? I aim to embody the highest standards of professionalism in all aspects of my duties.

The essence of my application was to convey the profound respect I hold for the staff position and the significant impact it has on the community's experience. My intention is to contribute positively and significantly to SCP-RP, ensuring it remains an engaging, respectful, and enjoyable space for all players.

I'm eager to bring my unique perspective, dedication, and ideas to the table, contributing to the community's growth and well-being. Please consider the sincere intent behind my application and the positive changes I aim to bring to our community.

Thank you for your understanding and consideration.

Sincerely, Slipstream

Dusk

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jan 8, 2023
Application Denied

Hello, @Zyn!
Given you had a warning on March 24th, you did not fulfill my last request on your previous application. I feel you are currently not yet suited to be a staff member.

You may reapply in
4 Weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.