Denied Sniper Lens Glare

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEEK

Apr 9, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
- This will add a sort of Light that will shine off of a sniper's lens to see where they are sniping you from.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- This will make a more fair advantage to players without sniper rifles to know where they are being shot from.
- This could have more intense gunfights allowing people to be able to go on a 1-1 combat with snipers be able to not get sniped from who knows where.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- None that I know of.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
-Because without this addon, snipers are a little bland and need a little bit of a revamp and I think this will make a great addition to make combat with snipers much more easier and fun for everyone

Landon

Nov 30, 2022
+support

The current state of surface combat is just if your hidden with a sniper and see somebody you win that encounter and there is no way of knowing where they are

Last edited:

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
-Support

As much as i hate fighting against Marksmen but this seems like an illogical addition since Sniper Glints can only occur if there is a direct source of light hiding the scope such as the Sun but as you are aware it is Completely nighttime on surface and there are clouds hiding a Full Moon which would give minimal efefct.

It is potential that you could have this effect done in the site but Marksmen already stand out like sore thumbs within the interiors of the Site thus making glints a useless addition, Additionally! Snipers are given equipment that can Hide and Prevent Sniper glints such as the scopes provided below in images.

1688542241462.png 1688542272358.png

Betriv

Jul 5, 2022
+support
the state of surface combat is actually terrible because its jsut snipers

Silvestro

Apr 24, 2023
-Support

As much as i hate fighting against Marksmen but this seems like an illogical addition since Sniper Glints can only occur if there is a direct source of light hiding the scope such as the Sun but as you are aware it is Completely nighttime on surface and there are clouds hiding a Full Moon which would give minimal efefct.

It is potential that you could have this effect done in the site but Marksmen already stand out like sore thumbs within the interiors of the Site thus making glints a useless addition, Additionally! Snipers are given equipment that can Hide and Prevent Sniper glints such as the scopes provided below in images.

View attachment 8590 View attachment 8591
Jarhead refrence

Snowson

Jun 20, 2023
+support
It makes sense to sacrifice some realism (no direct sunlight) if it greatly improves balance

Mc Rib

Mar 22, 2023
+Support
Lets Just Be Real The State Of Surface Combat Is Atrocious Right Now
Even As a User Of Snipers I Could See Why this need to be Added

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Superlevi2,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Its night time... you wouldn't be able to see the glare of the sniper rifle.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.