Sprites Unban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Sprite"

Mar 27, 2024
Your in-game name: "Sprite" Kun
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:186369727
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198333005183/
Date of ban: 2024/04/05
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Inappropriate Conduct
Who banned you: Ellie
Ban length?: 7 days
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): I was banned on USA but I believe it transfers to both
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again:
- I will not take things that do not belong ingame, to ingame
- I will make sure to think thrice before saying things of the like
- I will see to it that I am no longer involved in such conversations ingame / on CN
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
I have 1 warning for RDM (it was crossfire XD)

Why should you be unbanned:
I believe the entire situation is just a huge mess, with a lot of confusion.
I will give my side of the situation according to https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/posting-on-ban-appeals-rules.23635/

I met this combat medic named "Toaste" and we apparently had some history together. We were in the chemlab and I was selling some 106-samples.
We talked in discord DM's a bit and we joked around as bros do, just the average between homie jokes (images will be attached) those jokes included some "mature" language. After having talked for a while we got this sort of inside rhyming joke. "A rub, a tug and some goodluck and it might come out".
The joke was just between me and Toaste, no one else around at the time.
Now the reason the situation is messed up is because in MY eyes toaste was a friend (so i believed after filterless stuff they said in dms) so when I said it in ingame chat, just between us 2. I didn't think much would come out of it, then toaste dm's me "you're cooked".

I thought toaste was a friend I could trust and someone I could joke around with, but then it turns out they reported it to Ellie. Ellie pokes me on the teamspeak and asks me to join TS as my game had crashed (i was unaware of being banned for LTAP and ERP at the time). I joined and explained the situation providing some evidence from DM's with Toaste and we agreed to revoke the ban and keep a ERP warning (i was against the warning but agreed after hearing her opinion). So I get on as usual and play as IA and have some fun with the fellas. Fastforward 30 minutes I get pulled to the staffroom and Ellie informs me that I'm being banned for Inappropriate conduct and that my ERP warning will be removed. I was a bit confused and tried to discuss further but she shut it down.

I reached out afterwards and Ellie explained I should write an appeal on the forums as it is "out of her hands" at this moment. After talking to some people, some part of staff some not. It became apparent that my ban was a bit uncalled for, the "ERP" in question was a bit vague and considering it was my first ever time and of a low class it shouldn't be a off the bat 1 week ban according to moderator Harold Hawks (images will be attached).

Additionally: To Ellie they mentioned that the main concern they had was that they felt "uncomfortable" but they didn't feel uncomfortable to say all those things in DM's or call me the things they did, or felt "uncomfortable" enough to leave the room ingame? I don't know just a little confused lol.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
I've been keeping a as clean as possible record and learning more about how CN works, a lovely community of SCP enjoyers and I've felt a connection to it.
SCP-RP is like the only thing I play on my free time and it'd be a bummer to lose it for a week and have to touch grass so I hope it gets revoked haha so I assure that no more will be broken.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
As mentioned above it's pretty much the only server I play, I enjoy it a lot and the players are 99% of the time great lol. Sorry for the inconvience.

Extra (added by me) | The mentioned images:

(i) Moderator opinion:
1712336796078.png
1712336821793.png

(ii) DMs with Toaste

(why i suspect a sort of "revenge")
1712336859016.png

(why i said i thought we were friend, they had no filter around me which i thought indicated at the bare minimum trust lol)
1712336897286.png

(just being a weirdo)
1712337055929.png

note: the color switch is because of me being on a laptop rn

Last edited:

Toaste

Mar 30, 2024
I can attest that this appeal includes many lies on your part. I'm unaware whether it's against the rules for me to reply directly to your appeal, but I will supplement with the facts (that Ellie was also told):

There was never any theme of rhyming that could have started the "a rub, a tug, and it might come out" comment. This was unprompted and made me extremely uncomfortable. I did not consent to this joke, nor did I find it funny. I was also told by Ellie that Sprite claimed to be in a separate server with me where this joke originated, this is also untrue. I am at the maximum server limit on discord (200 joined 'guilds'/servers) at the moment, so not only did this not occur, this would have been impossible.

Additionally, I was told by a junior moderator (Raixin) that Sprite had claimed I was inna discord VC with him in regards to this situation, in lieu of the alleged discord server. This is untrue, as I am notoriously a person without a mic and my headphones that I use do not contain a microphone. These are the DT1990 Pro's from Beyerdynamic.

I was never friends with Sprite, never wished to be such, and explained my reasons for still contacting him to Ellie directly. Foremost, I'm autistic, so these situations do not come naturally to me, but my primary thinking was not to tip Sprite off as he has a track record for invoking malice or anger towards those who seek punishment against him, as he has proven. He has harassed me in DMs following the week ban, begging me for an explanation. This will be detailed therein: Sprite is a liar (to staff, especially), makes multiple people uncomfortable (Trippy, and me, notably), is generally childish (as proven to Ellie, and by way of the harassment), and may very well benefit from this week off. I did not seek to be a detriment to Sprite's wellbeing by getting him banned, I simply wanted the server to be more enjoyable for myself and others, and furthermore wanted to seek appropriate punishment for the misdeeds that have gone unpunished by Sprite.

Objective facts out of the way, I do not wish for Sprite to return for this week. Any malice that can be suspected of me is dubious, as I specifically sought that Sprite not get an LTAP ban alongside his ERP warning/ban (as detailed by DMs with Ellie, and... My own personal thoughts), and I believe this punishment is very just, as did Ellie by way of her decision.

I believe Sprite is an active detriment to this community, but I also believe in redemption. I think that this week is a very just punishment and hope that, if it is rightfully upheld, Sprite takes the week to reflect on how he conducts himself on the server, and realizes the nature and consequences of his actions.

Images regarding various points of this response can be seen below, and thank you:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240405_132723_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240405_132723_Discord.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240405_132718_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240405_132718_Discord.jpg
    797.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20240405_132714_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240405_132714_Discord.jpg
    796.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240405_133305_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240405_133305_Discord.jpg
    739.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240405_133300_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240405_133300_Discord.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 15

Harold Hawks

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Considering that my screenshots are added to this DM, I want to mention that I was not aware of the full story or context or how Toast honestly felt about the situation so please don't use me as a back board here. Upon clarifying that it might be an SSL issue (sensitive situation), I did also mention that I probably shouldnt be involved.

1712338912513.png

The ban being discussed in this image is a DEA job ban appeal, unrelated to this incident.

"Sprite"

Mar 27, 2024
I can attest that this appeal includes many lies on your part. I'm unaware whether it's against the rules for me to reply directly to your appeal, but I will supplement with the facts (that Ellie was also told):

There was never any theme of rhyming that could have started the "a rub, a tug, and it might come out" comment. This was unprompted and made me extremely uncomfortable. I did not consent to this joke, nor did I find it funny. I was also told by Ellie that Sprite claimed to be in a separate server with me where this joke originated, this is also untrue. I am at the maximum server limit on discord (200 joined 'guilds'/servers) at the moment, so not only did this not occur, this would have been impossible.

Additionally, I was told by a junior moderator (Raixin) that Sprite had claimed I was inna discord VC with him in regards to this situation, in lieu of the alleged discord server. This is untrue, as I am notoriously a person without a mic and my headphones that I use do not contain a microphone. These are the DT1990 Pro's from Beyerdynamic.

I was never friends with Sprite, never wished to be such, and explained my reasons for still contacting him to Ellie directly. Foremost, I'm autistic, so these situations do not come naturally to me, but my primary thinking was not to tip Sprite off as he has a track record for invoking malice or anger towards those who seek punishment against him, as he has proven. He has harassed me in DMs following the week ban, begging me for an explanation. This will be detailed therein: Sprite is a liar (to staff, especially), makes multiple people uncomfortable (Trippy, and me, notably), is generally childish (as proven to Ellie, and by way of the harassment), and may very well benefit from this week off. I did not seek to be a detriment to Sprite's wellbeing by getting him banned, I simply wanted the server to be more enjoyable for myself and others, and furthermore wanted to seek appropriate punishment for the misdeeds that have gone unpunished by Sprite.

Objective facts out of the way, I do not wish for Sprite to return for this week. Any malice that can be suspected of me is dubious, as I specifically sought that Sprite not get an LTAP ban alongside his ERP warning/ban (as detailed by DMs with Ellie, and... My own personal thoughts), and I believe this punishment is very just, as did Ellie by way of her decision.

I believe Sprite is an active detriment to this community, but I also believe in redemption. I think that this week is a very just punishment and hope that, if it is rightfully upheld, Sprite takes the week to reflect on how he conducts himself on the server, and realizes the nature and consequences of his actions.

Images regarding various points of this response can be seen below, and thank you:

I'm also unaware if it is within my right to respond however I will take a gamble as I won't let such destructive comments go unnoticed.
This is not an argument or discussion only a reply.
--------

Block A: "There was never any theme of rhyming that could have started the "a rub, a tug, and it might come out" comment. This was unprompted and made me extremely uncomfortable. I did not consent to this joke, nor did I find it funny. I was also told by Ellie that Sprite claimed to be in a separate server with me where this joke originated, this is also untrue. I am at the maximum server limit on discord (200 joined 'guilds'/servers) at the moment, so not only did this not occur, this would have been impossible."

Response: This is simply a blatant lie, for when I was part of the server (now banned so I can't supply evidence) the joke was born. Regardless of the fact that my accusation is that I'm "lying to staff" despite this lie being with no shame put forward, I will simply deny this entire segment.

-

Block B: "Additionally, I was told by a junior moderator (Raixin) that Sprite had claimed I was inna discord VC with him in regards to this situation, in lieu of the alleged discord server. This is untrue, as I am notoriously a person without a mic and my headphones that I use do not contain a microphone. These are the DT1990 Pro's from Beyerdynamic."

Response: I never claimed I was in a VC with Toaste, especially not to Raixin. To my knowledge the only person I mentioned Toaste to was a DEA by the name of "Trippy" of where what I said was along the lines of "I'm talking to Toaste in dms rn". So this entire segment will also be voided by I for it is untrue.

-

Block C: "I was never friends with Sprite, never wished to be such, and explained my reasons for still contacting him to Ellie directly. Foremost, I'm autistic, so these situations do not come naturally to me, but my primary thinking was not to tip Sprite off as he has a track record for invoking malice or anger towards those who seek punishment against him, as he has proven. He has harassed me in DMs following the week ban, begging me for an explanation. This will be detailed therein: Sprite is a liar (to staff, especially), makes multiple people uncomfortable (Trippy, and me, notably), is generally childish (as proven to Ellie, and by way of the harassment), and may very well benefit from this week off. I did not seek to be a detriment to Sprite's wellbeing by getting him banned, I simply wanted the server to be more enjoyable for myself and others, and furthermore wanted to seek appropriate punishment for the misdeeds that have gone unpunished by Sprite."

Response: I am truly breathtook by the first paragraph alone, the only truth in this was that we were never "Friends". I thought we had some, all be it diluted friendship I thought there was a shred of it. My so called "track record" of invoking malice can only be replied to by a ? emoji as I've never sought out the harm or unwell state of another on the server, the nearest thing to this is my "IA Personality" being a bit strict when dealing with criminals. The "Harassment" in DMs as provided by screenshots was only me trying to warp my head around the betrayal I felt. I care for this server and for any potential friends so seeing Toaste turn all of a sudden was a shock. Furthermore I do not appreciate the accusations whom have no evidence or ANY sort of background whatsoever such as me being a liar... espcially to staff?? This entire statement is not something that should be thrown around randomly. I know not whom the reference is to the "people being uncomfortable" as this is the first time something I do even grazes the "inappropriate" side of things ingame. Claims of my wellbeing being cared for are a comedic masterpiece as no "justice" was sought only pain, I accepted a fate although subjectively not optimal yet my acceptance of a warning was true. I will say, stating that the goal is making the server more enjoyable is something that could be argued otherwise. I have absoloutely no problem with staying as far away from Toaste as possible when I'm back, that was actually the plan me and Ellie discussed and agreed upon. I've already blocked Toaste from any social platform that they could contact me through. Furthermore I do not find it appropriate to mention autism as a sort of defense against such hatred being sent after me, the personal mental state and lives of others do not concern those whom seek to enjoy some freetime on SCP-RP.

-

Block D: "Objective facts out of the way, I do not wish for Sprite to return for this week. Any malice that can be suspected of me is dubious, as I specifically sought that Sprite not get an LTAP ban alongside his ERP warning/ban (as detailed by DMs with Ellie, and... My own personal thoughts), and I believe this punishment is very just, as did Ellie by way of her decision."

Response: My return will hopefully be as true as the justice the staff team serves, yet no knighlty respect should be given for the LTAP as it was a proven crash and as commented on by Ellie herself "I will remove it as you sought me out right after". The punishment is according to the moderator unjust as a week ban is not just handed out that quickly, quote "ERP doesn’t result in a week off the bat".

-----

Best,
Sprite.

Toaste

Mar 30, 2024
I'm also unaware if it is within my right to respond however I will take a gamble as I won't let such destructive comments go unnoticed.
This is not an argument or discussion only a reply.
--------

Block A: "There was never any theme of rhyming that could have started the "a rub, a tug, and it might come out" comment. This was unprompted and made me extremely uncomfortable. I did not consent to this joke, nor did I find it funny. I was also told by Ellie that Sprite claimed to be in a separate server with me where this joke originated, this is also untrue. I am at the maximum server limit on discord (200 joined 'guilds'/servers) at the moment, so not only did this not occur, this would have been impossible."

Response: This is simply a blatant lie, for when I was part of the server (now banned so I can't supply evidence) the joke was born. Regardless of the fact that my accusation is that I'm "lying to staff" despite this lie being with no shame put forward, I will simply deny this entire segment.

-

Block B: "Additionally, I was told by a junior moderator (Raixin) that Sprite had claimed I was inna discord VC with him in regards to this situation, in lieu of the alleged discord server. This is untrue, as I am notoriously a person without a mic and my headphones that I use do not contain a microphone. These are the DT1990 Pro's from Beyerdynamic."

Response: I never claimed I was in a VC with Toaste, especially not to Raixin. To my knowledge the only person I mentioned Toaste to was a DEA by the name of "Trippy" of where what I said was along the lines of "I'm talking to Toaste in dms rn". So this entire segment will also be voided by I for it is untrue.

-

Block C: "I was never friends with Sprite, never wished to be such, and explained my reasons for still contacting him to Ellie directly. Foremost, I'm autistic, so these situations do not come naturally to me, but my primary thinking was not to tip Sprite off as he has a track record for invoking malice or anger towards those who seek punishment against him, as he has proven. He has harassed me in DMs following the week ban, begging me for an explanation. This will be detailed therein: Sprite is a liar (to staff, especially), makes multiple people uncomfortable (Trippy, and me, notably), is generally childish (as proven to Ellie, and by way of the harassment), and may very well benefit from this week off. I did not seek to be a detriment to Sprite's wellbeing by getting him banned, I simply wanted the server to be more enjoyable for myself and others, and furthermore wanted to seek appropriate punishment for the misdeeds that have gone unpunished by Sprite."

Response: I am truly breathtook by the first paragraph alone, the only truth in this was that we were never "Friends". I thought we had some, all be it diluted friendship I thought there was a shred of it. My so called "track record" of invoking malice can only be replied to by a ? emoji as I've never sought out the harm or unwell state of another on the server, the nearest thing to this is my "IA Personality" being a bit strict when dealing with criminals. The "Harassment" in DMs as provided by screenshots was only me trying to warp my head around the betrayal I felt. I care for this server and for any potential friends so seeing Toaste turn all of a sudden was a shock. Furthermore I do not appreciate the accusations whom have no evidence or ANY sort of background whatsoever such as me being a liar... espcially to staff?? This entire statement is not something that should be thrown around randomly. I know not whom the reference is to the "people being uncomfortable" as this is the first time something I do even grazes the "inappropriate" side of things ingame. Claims of my wellbeing being cared for are a comedic masterpiece as no "justice" was sought only pain, I accepted a fate although subjectively not optimal yet my acceptance of a warning was true. I will say, stating that the goal is making the server more enjoyable is something that could be argued otherwise. I have absoloutely no problem with staying as far away from Toaste as possible when I'm back, that was actually the plan me and Ellie discussed and agreed upon. I've already blocked Toaste from any social platform that they could contact me through. Furthermore I do not find it appropriate to mention autism as a sort of defense against such hatred being sent after me, the personal mental state and lives of others do not concern those whom seek to enjoy some freetime on SCP-RP.

-

Block D: "Objective facts out of the way, I do not wish for Sprite to return for this week. Any malice that can be suspected of me is dubious, as I specifically sought that Sprite not get an LTAP ban alongside his ERP warning/ban (as detailed by DMs with Ellie, and... My own personal thoughts), and I believe this punishment is very just, as did Ellie by way of her decision."

Response: My return will hopefully be as true as the justice the staff team serves, yet no knighlty respect should be given for the LTAP as it was a proven crash and as commented on by Ellie herself "I will remove it as you sought me out right after". The punishment is according to the moderator unjust as a week ban is not just handed out that quickly, quote "ERP doesn’t result in a week off the bat".

-----

Best,
Sprite.

Thank you for this supplementary evidence to my reply. We'll leave it to SL to decide upon this matter. All the best.

Toaste

Mar 30, 2024
Considering that my screenshots are added to this DM, I want to mention that I was not aware of the full story or context or how Toast honestly felt about the situation so please don't use me as a back board here. Upon clarifying that it might be an SSL issue (sensitive situation), I did also mention that I probably shouldnt be involved.

View attachment 14693

The ban being discussed in this image is a DEA job ban appeal, unrelated to this incident.

I'd like to note that Sprite referring to me as a "very mentally unstable fella" is deeply disturbing in relevance to this situation, and the note that the ban being discussed was a different ban once again adds that Sprite attempts to employ distruths to his advantage. By the tact of my replies it is clear I am a stable individual and I find his referral to me as an unstable individual to be an attempt at manipulation, at worst.

Thank you for weighing in, Voodka. I won't reply any further to this thread unless specifically told to, as I've already contributed as much as I meaningfully can.

"Sprite"

Mar 27, 2024
I'd like to note that Sprite referring to me as a "very mentally unstable fella" is deeply disturbing in relevance to this situation, and the note that the ban being discussed was a different ban once again adds that Sprite attempts to employ distruths to his advantage. By the tact of my replies it is clear I am a stable individual and I find his referral to me as an unstable individual to be an attempt at manipulation, at worst.

Thank you for weighing in, Voodka. I won't reply any further to this thread unless specifically told to, as I've already contributed as much as I meaningfully can.
Final reply:
I'd like to note that the reference was regarding the behaviour occuring in dms between me and Toaste, the unstable part was primarily the switching up from what I thought was a friend to my biggest hater on the server, also the constant "barking" and "meowing" that was for some reason occuring... The ban being discussed was one of the subjectively speaking most hilarious accidents ever witnessed by site administration and DEA oversight, however it has no relevance to this ban as that is an IC ruling vs. this OOC ruling. I know not if one can classify themselves as stable or not, god knows if I'm one to judge others however I find it is time the accuser stops spreading misinformation regarding this case.

Thank you for your staff opinion Voodka, it was indeed a weird decision to ban off the bat. I will also refrain from replying until SL intervenes.

Harold Hawks

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Thank you for your staff opinion Voodka, it was indeed a weird decision to ban off the bat. I will also refrain from replying until SL intervenes.
Only without the context in mind, I thought they were just banning you ASAP for ERP so I wondered why exactly you were banned but ironically I should also refrain from replying. I just want to clarify the situation on my end and not leave it possibly twisted. It is not a staff opinion either, more just an opinion.

Last edited:

MrGoose

Apr 6, 2024
I for one, do not agree with Sprite being allowed to return at all, although the incident may have called for a lighter punishment then that. I can personally attest for many, not just myself and my wife, but for many other players when i say Sprite is a blight on this community. He has been in many staff sits for general toxicity and otherwise rudeness. I have personally experienced this, and i am not happy with him continuing to play on this server or be a part of this community. The amount of times i have heard his name in bad lights is breathtaking. He uses the server rules as an excuse to belittle and insult people, and when someone tries to do something about it, nothing can be done. I feel this evidence speaks for itself in the fact that this man is trouble. Rules are to be followed, and they are there for a reason. However, there is no reason for being the way he is towards the players of this community. I hope that yall will consider a much stricter punishment, and if not, i have faith in the moderation of the community that the right choice will be made regarding Sprite.

Last edited:

"Sprite"

Mar 27, 2024
I for one, do not agree with Sprite being allowed to return at all, although the incident may have called for a lighter punishment then that. I can personally attest for many, not just myself and my wife, but for many other players when i say Sprite is a blight on this community. He has been in many staff sits for general toxicity and otherwise rudeness. I have personally experienced this, and i am not happy with him continuing to play on this server or be a part of this community. The amount of times i have heard his name in bad lights is breathtaking. He uses the server rules as an excuse to belittle and insult people, and when someone tries to do something about it, nothing can be done. I feel this evidence speaks for itself in the fact that this man is trouble. Rules are to be followed, and they are there for a reason. However, there is no reason for being the way he is towards the players of this community. I hope that yall will consider a much stricter punishment, and if not, i have faith in the moderation of the community that the right choice will be made regarding Sprite.
Despite people not following the ban appeal rules and posting something that is relelvant to the appeal I will respond to this.

Mentioned activities are overexaggerated in this message, this entire hatred birthed and aimed at me is because of a different case which is being reported, namely a case where someone is witchhunting.

It is quite heartbreaking to see the selfishness of some fellow members of this community, where a single person dislikes another and believes that alone should result in their termination from participating in the communities servers.
For reference, I wish for this to be read again:
"He uses the server rules as an excuse to belittle and insult people, and when someone tries to do something about it, nothing can be done."
A) I never belittle or insult someone
B) Perhaps it would all be dodged if the rules... set by SL and O5 to help us enjoy the server... werent broken??

I don't see it as rocket science but if a person break a rule and another reports them to it, the "snitch" shouldn't be banned for it as far as I know.
In regards to the hilarious comment "I feel this evidence speaks for itself", perhaps if the actual application was read this yapping wouldn't occur as there is 0 evidence of my wrongdoing posted.

Extra note(for whom care):
As I've read MrGoose' and Toaste's messages carefully I have decided to change the way I behave on the server.
For the sake of myself and my fellow SCP-RP enjoyers, I will be more "chill" with the reports, for yes i do report people who break rules, but it is also true what you're saying in the sense that maybe some of those reports could've been let slide... Thanks for your time.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @"Sprite",

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I will be denying this appeal due to your actions and your general behaviour on the server, which is something that we do not want on this community. As such, you'll have to wait the ban to end and if your behaviour persists, you may see yourself banned again.

You may not re-appeal this ban, and you must wait it out.​

Status
Not open for further replies.