Accepted (staff moderation) better refund system

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J. 'Cubic' H.

Dec 20, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion adds a refund system where a player's items and stats (hp, armor, job) are logged upon death of the player.
This also adds the possibility for admin+ to simply type a command or button to restore the items and stats of a player.

My ideas to prevent abuse are the following:
- It's admin+ only
- an admin+ has the decision based on proof of rule-breaking that led to death of the player
- if an admin+ died, he cannot get himself. he must contact another admin+.
- refunds are also logged in case of possible abuse (although maybe not needed)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- simpler and faster way for admin+ to refund
- less angry players because some dummy d-class RDMed and now he lost his cl 4 keycard and freedom sr as a d-class

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Might not be made depending of how spaghetti% is the server code

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because I got RDMed a lot of times and I am very pissed off when I lose my favorite freedom sr and cl 4 JUST because of an RDMer of same job.

Additionally, I also want to point out that the staff punishments should be WAY more severe if the RDMed player had very precious items and progress. I mean, imagine getting RDMed for no reason whatsoever JUST after you've got a CL 4, and it's not even cross-fire either.

RedBubble55

Jun 21, 2022
West Midlands, UK
+Support

Would be very useful, and could be used in sits to investigate some issues further. If someone says they didn't have something or couldn't have done something.

Unsure, if Gmod has this functionality. But could use the same system to save weapon information when you go afk, to then log it and have it in a way that can auto-give this information back.

Lord Mirai (未来)

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Programming Team
Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania
+Support

Implementation of this should be rather easy. I'm not sure about "preventing self-refund" tho, it might be unnecessary

J. 'Cubic' H.

Dec 20, 2022
+Support

Would be very useful, and could be used in sits to investigate some issues further. If someone says they didn't have something or couldn't have done something.

Unsure, if Gmod has this functionality. But could use the same system to save weapon information when you go afk, to then log it and have it in a way that can auto-give this information back.
There should be implementations in GLua to let you save weapons information, hp and armor. job should be log-able too.
+Support

Implementation of this should be rather easy. I'm not sure about "preventing self-refund" tho, it might be unnecessary
it may be necessary, as there were many times in other communities (not only gmod) when powerful staff betrayed others (although some were due to ignorance of trust).

Macca

Donator
Oct 3, 2022
it may be necessary, as there were many times in other communities (not only gmod) when powerful staff betrayed others (although some were due to ignorance of trust).
It wouldn't be necessary most likely, as members of Server Leadership are highly trusted within CN.
But otherwise +Support, good suggestion.

J. 'Cubic' H.

Dec 20, 2022
It wouldn't be necessary most likely, as members of Server Leadership are highly trusted within CN.
But otherwise +Support, good suggestion.
aren't admins just above head moderator? I might just be overthinking about staff ranks.

Macca

Donator
Oct 3, 2022
aren't admins just above head moderator? I might just be overthinking about staff ranks.
Admins are above Head Moderator, but getting a promotion from Head Mod -> Admin is a lot harder as you have to show that you are dedicated to the server as it is a big step up from being server staff.

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi @Costin88Boss,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. While we won't be bringing back the weapon refund system, we will implement weapon logging.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.