Stee ven leaving

stee ven

Aug 12, 2022
SCP-2217
Hello everyone, I’ve decided it’s about time for me to leave the server.
In case you’re wondering why, no, this isn’t because I was removed from site admin- I was going to get removed for inactivity pretty soon anyways as my activity was dropping. Generally, I’ve become bored of climbing the ranks because of how I kind of sabotaged myself from the start. My server life story is in the spoiler but I’ll summarize it later.

I may as well start from there, actually. I logged on the server for the first time sometime in August and was a very confused D-Class. It wasn’t like other servers, it felt much more sophisticated. I wasn’t sure what to do so i farms tests and scrap for a while until I got level 5 and could play other jobs. I got on security cadet and went to explore. This is where my first negative interaction happened. I was confused, walking around delta wing because I didn’t know how to find D-Block where I was promptly aggressively ID checked by a squad of A1 and an overseer and took multiple insults before being told to get back to dblock (Very helpful. Nothing came out my admin sit either, not surprised)

I didn’t know where dblock was so I kept walking around, annoyed at that previous interaction that happened so I wandered around until I found hcz checkpoint, immediately they told me to get back to dblock. I asked them where it was and the E11 in question just pointed guns at me. I was very confused so I just wandered around some more. Eventually I asked an overseer, ‘Overseer how do I find block?’ And was promptly kidnapped and dragged around blinded and gagged until I was in the electrical center with an a1 member, asking how I knew about overseer. I said I read their name and was promptly shot.

I thought that was complete BS that I got shot for a mistake considering I was a newbie with 2 hours of playtime where I can’t even find dblock so I called an admin saying I got rdmed. They didn’t get warned. At this point, I was under the impression that overseers and alpha 1 are immune to toxicity and rdm rules (they kind of are but I’ll get into this later) so I went on with my day. Eventually I found ethics with some omega 1 guards that told me how to get to dblock nicely instead of screaming at me like that’s helpful so I found dblock.
As a joke I said ‘a1 and o5 stop rdming and get back to dblock’ and was instantly brought. I didn’t know it was classified so I wasn’t warned and I got sent back without issue.

Anyways that comment probably caused the overseers to not like me at all which would cause me quite the issues later on. Eventually I went to dblock and was very bored of being screamed at while dealing with minging dclass so I decided to go mess around. I found a level 3 off the ground so I took it (I thought it was allowed) and explored a bunch of different areas like 457, 860, 1162, and I went into 914. I didn’t know how to use it but a bunch of people ran in and I’d checked me. I didn’t know what an ‘ID check’ was but eventually I figured it out. I asked if I did something bad and was called a dumbass before being locked up for 40 minutes. This would be repeated multiple times because IA agents don’t know how to help and just want to jail and feel powerful.

Many jails, being kicked out of tryouts, being RDMed by ISD, and being talked down on later, and some months in E-11 before reaching LCPL later, I found research and it was really fun. I met a lot of great people and had good rp experiences so I devoted myself to writing incredible docs doing great tests and leaving my minge ways. People saw I was doing great and I was quickly encouraged to apply for executive and was promptly denied. I kept working and eventually got accepted. I helped researchers, formed a division, met more great people, but still got talked down on by higher ups etc. I reached E11 SGT before applying for site advisor and getting accepted. At this point. I had around 500-600 hours in the server and was working hard. I got denied for executive, GOC, GM, and was seen as a minge, annoying, etc. by many high ranks (aside from ethics). I was under the impression that I was making progress- three months of work and no minging doing the best I can finally paying off. I was on multiple hours a day, every day, on site advisor, managing the site the best I could gathering lots of info for my review. I was meeting with the GOC maintaining relations the best I could, helping wherever I can. One thing I wasn’t used to was being a valuable target for capture so I kept getting cornered by CI. This resulting in me being forced to fight (very important later) but apart from that I was trying to get criticism on how I was doing and improve off it, I was commended by leaders of several departments, even a1 and o1, and some ethics members, even the GOC. I thought I was doing great and I was heading to a meeting on a Saturday night with the GOC before I suddenly got sent to the respawn screen. I clicked respawn thinking I got freedom SR’d but saw I was removed from site admin. I thought it was a mistake so I contacted some overseers to see what happened (either none of them knew or ignored me ingame and on discord) until I asked the site director and there were three reasons.
1. Not valuing life/engaging in combat
2. Arresting people that were harassing others for no reason
3. ‘Personnel Aggression’
Confused, I asked for evidence, like clips or screenshots, but informed that there was nothing. No clips. No nothing. Even worse, there were several regular cases of overseers going to CI base to ‘hang out’, play chess, sit on top, etc which is borderline FailRP while I was fighting because I was cornered and doomed anyways. The second point is just flat out nonsensical, and I was never aggressive to personnel. I guided the best I could and helped out new players showing the ways.

4/3 overseers were present for the vote but it’s likely site admin voted against me. Another site advisor called ethics shit and killed a GOC and didn’t get punished, meanwhile I’m being flat out removed. It’s obviously because of my past, and it scums that it happened but that’s life. I decided that was it, and I was leaving PowerRP behind.

TLDR I did great on all my jobs but got removed even though others did significantly worse than me like going to ci base to play chess as an overseer or just “HANGING OUT” but I was removed for fighting for my life? They make rules and break it in the dumbest ways, and punish without proof and considering it’s an overseer nobody can really stop them. SL exists but it has to be repeated for action to be taken.

The server when you take the SA/SC route is all about exerting power. The majority of SA and SC, save for ethics, and some overseers are toxic and unhelpful towards new players. I’ve seen this happen for MONTHS. No action taken. I don’t mean this in an insulting way but it’s the simple truth.

Advice towards the new players that might be reading this (by new I mean no CL4/MTF regiment) enjoy the small interactions, they make your best moments. Do not go for SA/SC; Overseers usually don’t follow their own rules and if you need help won’t respond to your attempts to contact ingame or out of game. If they do, they’re very rude and just generally toxic. again, this isn’t an insult, but it has been a recurring issue. The ethics committee isn’t ‘bad’. They’re nice, helpful, and understanding. Don’t let negative interactions with people in power sour your taste of the server.

Anyways, on to the good.

MTF E-11, I loved hanging out at CP and in TS as well as containing SCPs with you. I had great interactions with all of you and I hated leaving for site administration.

Research, I had so much fun doing tests with you all. I know with the new directors the department will be greater than ever before, and maybe I’ll check back in a few months time. Who knows.

CI was fun messing around with in base, and getting yelled at during raids while defibbing was funny.

Some honorable people I’d like to mention:

@Randalls - Awesome RPer, loved working with you. You’ll go great places

@Hutson Another great RPer, working with you was awesome.

@Crow Kalashnikov Very funny, you’re gonna be a good director. Forcing you to walk into 008 was funny too. Good luck

@A.R.A. Incredible director, great researcher. You’ll do great I’m sure.

All of E-11,you were great to work with.

Same for CI.

Thank you for all the incredible moments on the server. I’ll still be on discord for a bit.

Caesar Kuznetsov

Oct 24, 2022
?
It is very sad to see you go. Hopefully, issues like this can be sorted out better in the future with new players. I understand having to be 100% serious IC, but OOC, some explanations about how the server works in looc chat would be a godsend for the newer players.

Randalls

Oct 26, 2022
I am saddened that you have decided to leave. You were always such a positive guy on and off site, never had a bad interaction with you; I can only say good things. Good luck with whatever future endeavors suit you!

stee ven

Aug 12, 2022
SCP-2217
I want to say this doesn’t mean I’m gone forever, just until things relating to SC get better, and even then if I do return it won’t be as Foundation
I might even rejoin CI but dont expect me back for at least a week

DoubleKing

Jun 26, 2022
Always sad to see people leave the server regardless of who they are. Hope you have fun wherever you land next

Cassius

Feb 15, 2022
I feel bad that this happened to you, for any new players reading this if you are unsure you can always make a staff sit asking for clarification. I'll bring up ways to help introduce new players for the next Server Leadership Meeting.

Jaiden

Oct 4, 2022
Hello everyone, I’ve decided it’s about time for me to leave the server.
In case you’re wondering why, no, this isn’t because I was removed from site admin- I was going to get removed for inactivity pretty soon anyways as my activity was dropping. Generally, I’ve become bored of climbing the ranks because of how I kind of sabotaged myself from the start. My server life story is in the spoiler but I’ll summarize it later.

I may as well start from there, actually. I logged on the server for the first time sometime in August and was a very confused D-Class. It wasn’t like other servers, it felt much more sophisticated. I wasn’t sure what to do so i farms tests and scrap for a while until I got level 5 and could play other jobs. I got on security cadet and went to explore. This is where my first negative interaction happened. I was confused, walking around delta wing because I didn’t know how to find D-Block where I was promptly aggressively ID checked by a squad of A1 and an overseer and took multiple insults before being told to get back to dblock (Very helpful. Nothing came out my admin sit either, not surprised)

I didn’t know where dblock was so I kept walking around, annoyed at that previous interaction that happened so I wandered around until I found hcz checkpoint, immediately they told me to get back to dblock. I asked them where it was and the E11 in question just pointed guns at me. I was very confused so I just wandered around some more. Eventually I asked an overseer, ‘Overseer how do I find block?’ And was promptly kidnapped and dragged around blinded and gagged until I was in the electrical center with an a1 member, asking how I knew about overseer. I said I read their name and was promptly shot.

I thought that was complete BS that I got shot for a mistake considering I was a newbie with 2 hours of playtime where I can’t even find dblock so I called an admin saying I got rdmed. They didn’t get warned. At this point, I was under the impression that overseers and alpha 1 are immune to toxicity and rdm rules (they kind of are but I’ll get into this later) so I went on with my day. Eventually I found ethics with some omega 1 guards that told me how to get to dblock nicely instead of screaming at me like that’s helpful so I found dblock.
As a joke I said ‘a1 and o5 stop rdming and get back to dblock’ and was instantly brought. I didn’t know it was classified so I wasn’t warned and I got sent back without issue.

Anyways that comment probably caused the overseers to not like me at all which would cause me quite the issues later on. Eventually I went to dblock and was very bored of being screamed at while dealing with minging dclass so I decided to go mess around. I found a level 3 off the ground so I took it (I thought it was allowed) and explored a bunch of different areas like 457, 860, 1162, and I went into 914. I didn’t know how to use it but a bunch of people ran in and I’d checked me. I didn’t know what an ‘ID check’ was but eventually I figured it out. I asked if I did something bad and was called a dumbass before being locked up for 40 minutes. This would be repeated multiple times because IA agents don’t know how to help and just want to jail and feel powerful.

Many jails, being kicked out of tryouts, being RDMed by ISD, and being talked down on later, and some months in E-11 before reaching LCPL later, I found research and it was really fun. I met a lot of great people and had good rp experiences so I devoted myself to writing incredible docs doing great tests and leaving my minge ways. People saw I was doing great and I was quickly encouraged to apply for executive and was promptly denied. I kept working and eventually got accepted. I helped researchers, formed a division, met more great people, but still got talked down on by higher ups etc. I reached E11 SGT before applying for site advisor and getting accepted. At this point. I had around 500-600 hours in the server and was working hard. I got denied for executive, GOC, GM, and was seen as a minge, annoying, etc. by many high ranks (aside from ethics). I was under the impression that I was making progress- three months of work and no minging doing the best I can finally paying off. I was on multiple hours a day, every day, on site advisor, managing the site the best I could gathering lots of info for my review. I was meeting with the GOC maintaining relations the best I could, helping wherever I can. One thing I wasn’t used to was being a valuable target for capture so I kept getting cornered by CI. This resulting in me being forced to fight (very important later) but apart from that I was trying to get criticism on how I was doing and improve off it, I was commended by leaders of several departments, even a1 and o1, and some ethics members, even the GOC. I thought I was doing great and I was heading to a meeting on a Saturday night with the GOC before I suddenly got sent to the respawn screen. I clicked respawn thinking I got freedom SR’d but saw I was removed from site admin. I thought it was a mistake so I contacted some overseers to see what happened (either none of them knew or ignored me ingame and on discord) until I asked the site director and there were three reasons.
1. Not valuing life/engaging in combat
2. Arresting people that were harassing others for no reason
3. ‘Personnel Aggression’
Confused, I asked for evidence, like clips or screenshots, but informed that there was nothing. No clips. No nothing. Even worse, there were several regular cases of overseers going to CI base to ‘hang out’, play chess, sit on top, etc which is borderline FailRP while I was fighting because I was cornered and doomed anyways. The second point is just flat out nonsensical, and I was never aggressive to personnel. I guided the best I could and helped out new players showing the ways.

4/3 overseers were present for the vote but it’s likely site admin voted against me. Another site advisor called ethics shit and killed a GOC and didn’t get punished, meanwhile I’m being flat out removed. It’s obviously because of my past, and it scums that it happened but that’s life. I decided that was it, and I was leaving PowerRP behind.

TLDR I did great on all my jobs but got removed even though others did significantly worse than me like going to ci base to play chess as an overseer or just “HANGING OUT” but I was removed for fighting for my life? They make rules and break it in the dumbest ways, and punish without proof and considering it’s an overseer nobody can really stop them. SL exists but it has to be repeated for action to be taken.

The server when you take the SA/SC route is all about exerting power. The majority of SA and SC, save for ethics, and some overseers are toxic and unhelpful towards new players. I’ve seen this happen for MONTHS. No action taken. I don’t mean this in an insulting way but it’s the simple truth.

Advice towards the new players that might be reading this (by new I mean no CL4/MTF regiment) enjoy the small interactions, they make your best moments. Do not go for SA/SC; Overseers usually don’t follow their own rules and if you need help won’t respond to your attempts to contact ingame or out of game. If they do, they’re very rude and just generally toxic. again, this isn’t an insult, but it has been a recurring issue. The ethics committee isn’t ‘bad’. They’re nice, helpful, and understanding. Don’t let negative interactions with people in power sour your taste of the server.

Anyways, on to the good.

MTF E-11, I loved hanging out at CP and in TS as well as containing SCPs with you. I had great interactions with all of you and I hated leaving for site administration.

Research, I had so much fun doing tests with you all. I know with the new directors the department will be greater than ever before, and maybe I’ll check back in a few months time. Who knows.

CI was fun messing around with in base, and getting yelled at during raids while defibbing was funny.

Some honorable people I’d like to mention:

@Randalls - Awesome RPer, loved working with you. You’ll go great places

@Hutson Another great RPer, working with you was awesome.

@Crow Kalashnikov Very funny, you’re gonna be a good director. Forcing you to walk into 008 was funny too. Good luck

@A.R.A. Incredible director, great researcher. You’ll do great I’m sure.

All of E-11,you were great to work with.

Same for CI.

Thank you for all the incredible moments on the server. I’ll still be on discord for a bit.
Went through the same damn thing regarding “overseer” Met you a couple times in d-block and you were a lot of fun to break out with hope you have a good life and all goes well