Denied STS Model Change

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muggers

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 18, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2865932874

These models would replace, STS Jobs - Infantry, Engineer, Medic, Company Commander and Regimental Commander
I am aware that on the photo they have Russian flags, however these do not come standard on the models they can be ticked on and off via bodygroups, they do not have them on as standard.

This document below will show the models from front back and side, as well as the bodygroups needed to make these models look that way.
Of course however these can be subject to change as we are aware some of them don't look the best, in my personal opinion, Squad lead, Reg Command, Company Command and Medic are fine and look good.... However the Engineer and Infantry are meh and therefore I am willing to go back through the bodygroups again and change what's needed to be changed to make them look better, but obviously that requires feedback from the staff viewing.

I am also well aware that the playermodels are labelled Russian federation, however as I have said there is no Russian insignia, writing or logos on the uniform there are no identifiable features on the uniforms that would make you think they are Russian.

Has something similar been suggested before?:

Not that I know of.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

+ More Model possibilities, in a sense of there are more customization choices on these models (6 different models with over 50 customization options each), including different Body Armour Options, uniforms, headwear, War belts.
+ I'm just gonna say it how it is, the STS models other then Breacher, Demo, Sniper and Special Ops are disgusting and have little to no differentiation between the models, what i'm trying to say is we all look the same. whereas other regiments have different models for different jobs
+ only 240MB for 6 models and 50 customizations.
+ the patches can be changed to STS patches, we have checked this and it can be done....

not a positive but something cool, these models actually blink as well.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

- Might start a chain of regiments trying to get new models

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

as I have stated above the models for STS are pretty poor and most of STS agreed with this and want the models changed to something with a bit more personality.
this and want the models changed to something with a bit more personality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
-support
STS has a costum model that actualy represent themself from lore and there mysterious way of handle . also this looks more for 1st al

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022

Muggers

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 18, 2021
-support
STS has a costum model that actualy represent themself from lore and there mysterious way of handle . also this looks more for 1st al
please can you explain what you mean? how does this suit more for a tank regiment, considering there are just camo and body armour? can a special forces regiment not be camo and have body armour?

Luk

Apr 19, 2023
+Support
Almost all of the STS models (with the exception of Sniper, Breacher and Spec Ops) literally look the same and quite frankly, boring. We are supposed to be Special Forces, yet look like a regular Infantry Regiment. Even the IVG models look more "Spec Ops" than ours, and I think that these models would give STS a lot more of that Special Forces kind of look.

Luk

Apr 19, 2023
-support
Body armour and Camo doesn't mean its fit for 1stAL. If anything, 1stAL would be the ones without any body armour considering that Tank Crews in real life only really need Fire Resistant padding, with the armour only being a secondary bonus. We are Special Forces. We're supposed to be stealthy, how else would we do that if not with Camo that actually fits the environment we're in.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+support
I think this should be a reg-specific decision to make and shouldn't really be put to public vote (the tendency of MRP to just rabidly downvote anything the other team wants)

• Love
Reactions: StefanZEW

Kiwi

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jan 29, 2021
UK
Suggestion Response

Hello @Muggers,

Due to the overwhelming response from the community we have decided to DENY your suggestion. Although the models you provided were a nice touch there are multiple reasons behind why I've denied your suggestion today. The first reason is the current models for STS are very appropriate and the developers spent a lot of time creating these models, it's a huge shame for them to go to waste. Following on from that, the models your suggested are 240MB which is rather big in comparison to our current models. You may re-create this suggestion with a more compressed pack of models.

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion and further assisting us in improving the server.

Kind Regards,
Kiwi.​

Status
Not open for further replies.