Accepted (STS/SAS) 2.11 - Base Kidnapping Rule suggestion

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Current rule

2.11 - Base Kidnapping Rules - Players cannot be kidnapped within their own base unless in accordance with this rule. If there are at least 15 players on both teams (30 Total) SAS or STS may enter the enemy base once every hour, during peacetime or pre-war, with the intent to kidnap members of the enemy team. During a base kidnapping, the regiment entering the enemy team's base must take reasonable action to prevent bloodshed. I.e. only returning fire on confirmed hostiles. You may also choose to hack the enemy team's server(s) as part of this kidnapping attempt.

Change it to

2.11 - Base Kidnapping Rules - Players cannot be kidnapped within their own base unless in accordance with this rule. If there are at least 15 players on the enemy team SAS or STS may enter the enemy base once every hour, during peacetime or pre-war, with the intent to kidnap members of the enemy team. During a base kidnapping, the regiment entering the enemy team's base must take reasonable action to prevent bloodshed. I.e. only returning fire on confirmed hostiles. You may also choose to hack the enemy team's server(s) as part of this kidnapping attempt.

To perform a hacking mission or kidnapping, both teams need to have 15 people on, Im suggesting to remove the limit of having to have 15 players on your own team because with the current average daily player count you can almost never do any base kidnappings / hackings, when this rule was added the server had a better playercount and also if you had 15 people but 5 of them were afk on your team you were still able to raid the enemy base, but afks on your team dont count anymore apparently (idk if this is something new or staff doesnt even know their own rules)

On an average weekday there is like an hour long period in an entire daywhere STS / SAS can do a hacking mission or base kidnappings

Since I came back to gmod I reached the ranks of SGT and CPL in STS and SAS and I can say that this is a problem in both regiments

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Spec op regiments not dead in peace time
More activities for everyone in peace time

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Cant think of any

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because there is nothing to do as special ops comparing to how it was a year ago

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
-support I think imo there's enough people during the day, today (sunday), there was around 50 People in total, getting 15 on each side is not that hard, and can happen from 12pm to 6/7pm so plenty of time
Not to mention the fact that SAS (not sure about STS), always seem be doing something during peacetime, also ocasional missions are a thing, also FOB Building, training and etc

Vladislav

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Aug 5, 2021
Youre mothers bedroom
+support

Tbh I don't think there's any reason that there must be 15+ non afk friendlies to do a mission in enemy base other than maybe fairness which is only shown on paper. This rule is usually restricting spec ops regiment from performing missions which benefit their side. Its been a rare occasion for there to be 15+ non afk people on both side last couple of days ( if not weeks) so sas/sts dont really get to do much.

If a team chooses to kidnap someone knowing they are for example outnumbered 15 to 10 (or anything like that) that is their choice and risk

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
-support I think imo there's enough people during the day, today (sunday), there was around 50 People in total, getting 15 on each side is not that hard, and can happen from 12pm to 6/7pm so plenty of time
Not to mention the fact that SAS (not sure about STS), always seem be doing something during peacetime, also ocasional missions are a thing, also FOB Building, training and etc

On an average weekday there is like an hour long period in an entire daywhere STS / SAS can do a hacking mission or base kidnappings

Yes... because it's a sunday, same thing with saturdays

Please tell me how many hacking / kidnapping missions have you seen in SAS in the last 30 days

Last edited:

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @Hoxton , Your suggestion has been Partially Accepted. Senior SL will have to approved this before the rule is changed. Senior SL do have the power to unaccepted this. Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.