Accepted STS / SOTF Demolitions change

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

IVG / 15th / 1stAL / JAC Demo job:
2 slots
Anti tank and anti air launcher
Proxy and C4

STS / SOTF
1 slot
Must choose between anti air and anti tank launcher
Proxy and C4
CANNOT CHANGE PRIMARY WEAPON

I don't think it should be a direct downgrade from other regiments AND only be limited to 1 slot

I'm suggesting making the Spec op regiment demo jobs same as other regiments where they get both launchers BUT keeping it to 1 slot, I do agree that infantry and armor regiments should be better with dealing against vehicles but I don't think it should be a direct downgrade, just make them the same but make it 1 slot on spec op regiments

The main point of this is so you can pick between primary weapons on the demo job instead of being forced to use the msbs (Sts) or the karma (Sotf)

1664413745686.png
1664413754518.png

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Not being forced to use the same weapon (QoL)
-Balance I guess, as I believe having to choose between launchers AND being limited to 1 slot is just not needed

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-None really as impact on the gameplay would be close to none

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
-Because being forced to use the msbs is torture

I already suggested this in the past and it was accepted (over 2 months ago) but I will mention it again, for the love of god replace the matador with the at4 on all jobs, matador is really annoying to use because you never know when you're able to fire it there is no visual indicator and it gets you killed (if you dont know what I’m talking about try shooting a rocket right after reloading it) and this is not the case with the AT4, it also makes 0 sense how all UAN regiments get the AT4 but on the NWO side only 1stAL gets the AT4 meanwhile IVG and STS are stuck with the shitty matador

Last edited:
Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Kiwi

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jan 29, 2021
UK
+1

MSBS < anything else.

Delta Molfar

May 23, 2022
+++ Massive Suppport
As SOTF main, i still need to say that making it to two slots going to make SOTF/STS imbalanced. As the main point of these regs is not being anti-vehicles, but take into account, that it makes some sense that SOTF/STS, as they're Special Operations regs, should have more easier ways to destroy enemy vehicles, that doesn't make the process just a pain in the ass.
I like Karma pretty much, but I heard a lot of complaints about this gun, like 30% of SOTF doesn't like karma at all. In SOTF, when there's no Demo/Recon/Officer we might force someone on this job, and if we do it with people that hate Karma, this affects overall gameplay of certain person dramatically. Also i don't really see the "balance" in making that STS/SOTF demo can't have both Stinger and AT-4. Job abuse isn't really a thing during the war, so most of the times, we have to basically change our loadout all the time. And not to mention accidently spawning on Demo WITH NO AT-4 OR STINGERS, because FOB respawn was too low, and you accidently used wrong loadout.

Reactions: Hoxton and Kiwi

PianoDog

Aug 13, 2022
+Support
sounds really cool but I can just hear AC yelling at SOTF to take 2 stingers. cause' UAF bad :3

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
-Support

The balance around this demolitions job I believe is to keep people still attracted to infantry regiments for the advantages they have. The demolitions job used to have everything but would be 600 combat score. Establishing it as essentially an AT job will make STS/SOTF even closer to their 15th/IVG counterparts. Except the special forces regiments would have C4 on breacher jobs and superior weaponry. I think it should stay how it is as I've used the MSBS and it's not amazing but it also isn't un useable weapon. It's annoying but it helps 15th and IVG keep some appeal and reasons to join them.

Brian Bell

MRP War Veteran
Donator
May 14, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Hoxton, Your suggestion has been accepted. To balance with other kits the demolition should be given both weapons and choice of reg kit weapons, however due to your other jobs you will only receive one slot rather than 2 (unsure if this is current implementation)​

Status
Not open for further replies.