Suggestion

Zeon

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 28, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Move towards a bigger map (not the cc map just a slightly bigger one) and bring back cars

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I have seen

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
I think a big part of why players loved cc was the cars and with people asking to swap to cc to try to 'revive' the server, I think a good way to go about it, is to bring some of the best parts of CC over to dark rp. Cars bring an added level of RP as well as just fun and something for players to work towards buying. Also generally the server would gain more traffic from players joining off the browser, just seeing cars in the title would entice new players in.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
VDM and people randomly destroying players' cars but we already deal with this quite well with the current 2 cars

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Personally, this suggestion would bring a lot of old CC players back as well as new players who have never connected before. Plus a bigger map would bring freshness with it.

Lion

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Neutral, leading to -Support

Do you have any maps in mind? I'm not aware of any medium sized roleplay maps that are semi-decent right now as a starting point. I doubt the team would be willing to commit to a custom map right now during a time of a 3-player max on most days. IMO, we should think about the root cause of people not playing instead of trying to gain more temporary players.

Zeon

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 28, 2021
I wouldn't say it's to bring in temporary players but at least, I myself would come back for cars as well as a lot of others. It gives something fun to grind for and can bring some of the rp aspects from cc onto cg without making it cc. As well as having an incentive for new players.
As far as maps go sadly I can't think of many of the top of my head. Obviously old cc map was great but there are plenty out there

Fatal_Titan

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Neutral Support ( slight negative)

-Map: the map is fine as is I think it has the right player to interaction, that way everything isn’t too distanced

-CC content: some cc content could be used but there are already some cars on the server and since it’s a dark RP with a dark RP map that isn’t that big too need cars since the map isn’t as big as the cc map was I think the cars are fine, as far as the rest of the cc content, if you could mention some cc content that would be good for the server + bring back old cc players I would rate them but at this time I can’t say much as other than cars I’m not sure what cc content could be moved over and suitable for dark RP that is already on the server.

mwah

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 1, 2021
-support given the servers low population i believe having a larger map would kill any slim possibility of the server making a comeback