Denied Surface Type Greens (Potential New Surface SCP)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Manning

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 5, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Adds a watered down version of the Type Green that's held on-site. (It's not any less dangerous)

This SCP would be accessible to those who bought the Type Green pack (obviously)

Like all Surface SCPs this one also works like the rest which is via Surface Breach Queues, however there would be no Surface Breach announcements and the Type Green would be indistinguishable from other Civilians. You might think that's bad but i'll explain in a moment.
This SCP would and should work differently from the rest, firstly it can't go on a killing spree because the player feels like it (Murders are still alright, just not unjustified massacares)

This Anomaly would have access to Open Comms, for RP's sake.
The Reason for the absence of a Surface Breach announcement would be there to add an Element where The Anomalous Factions (GOC,Foundation,CI) would Investigate, Assess and potentially eleminate the threat themselves or preform any other action like containment or in CI's case exploitation based on Civilian Reports and Witness Statements/Faction Member Statements.

This SCP would essentially have the potential to create PassiveRP aside from your regular CombatRP, and would be a realistic take on how Type Greens are percieved in Lore.
(They're not gods with 10k+ HP, unless they will it into exsistance but even then to constantly have that sort of protection would require alot of focus at all times unless the Type Green is a Class 5 or 6 Reality Bender, i won't bore you with such details any further)

This Type Green would have 100hp by default, which you might think is too low. But considering the size of the map and the ability to increase the set HP, it's pretty fair.

The Low HP is also there so the Type Green once identified can be dealt with relative ease, this is done for a reason and the SCP is not meant to be SUPER difficult to deal with. (Allows for Conventional Termination/Liquidation)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Gives ALL Factions more RP Oppurtunities on Surface this is what each group can do:

CI: Investigation, Assessment, Expolitation/Recruitment (Under no circumstances should they deal with the Termination, unless it threathens local cell's Operations)
UNGOC: Investigation, Assessment, Liquidation or Observation depending on Hostility/Ability Use
Foundation: Same as UNGOC (May abduct and contain the anomaly for Ontokinetic Studies)
On top of that, this could also potentially cause Information Leaks. (Something the UNGOC and the Foundation would deal with)

-New and fresh take on Type Greens and a possible new expansion into how they are precieved.

-As i've mentioned this gives EVERYONE involved something to deal with, and i believe that this could improve the waning ACTIVITY of both the UNGOC and DoEA by providing these Playerbase groups new Content such as this on Surface (atleast over at UK)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
I can't see any negetives to this suggestion as i'm the one who created it, however i have provided every possible bit of information i could and i have given a description of it's downsides. (Extrordinarily Low HP being one of them)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I have already provided atleast more than 2 reasons for why this is a good idea, and whilst the SCP is still powerful due to it being a reality bender it is also heavily nerfed by it's low HP (meaning an Airstrike,Headshot from a Sniper or a shot from an Energy Rifle should do the job), With all that my hope is that it can be used both in CombatRP and PassiveRP other than that it's also a means to spice up the already boring af Surface and to give all Surface Related Groups/Factions something DAMN interesting to do because right now it's not any different than MilitaryRP with Monsters up there. (If you've played for more than a Day on surface, you know what i mean)

Jack Manning

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 5, 2022
surface tgs on their way to raid the site and explode the o5 (they thought he was a scary monster)
Surface SCP rules regarding entry into the site would still apply (i should have probably mentioned that bit, then again it's a human so maybe if provoked directly it could raid the facility)

Moros

Jan 8, 2023
Canada
+Support
The low HP on it's own would do a good job of balancing this addition.
It would also encourage some interesting RP and game-play. We've got divisions in the GOC that would be perfect for analyzing and observing the civilian population for threats like emerging type greens.
It also gives opportunities for the type green to play it smart, and hide under everyone's noses. One fatal slip and it would all be over.

The biggest negative I could see would be that it may lead to metagaming of the civilians on surface, or increased scrutiny and hostility. Which could make playing civilian jobs even more painful than it already is. But obviously I would hope that something like that doesn't happen.

Landon

Nov 30, 2022
+huge support

This seems like a good idea that will bring more to surface rp also the 100hp is a little low but makes sense from a balancing standpoint

Gure

Donator
Apr 4, 2023
WA, Australia
+support
idea would be pretty cool, like a 300 health type gren in pinewood as an anomaly to add more opportunities into pinewood. adds more for ci foundation and united nations especially to cooperate and make more surface opportunies

RoxieCat2003

Oct 29, 2022
+Support

Would be scary to see CI recruit the reality bender, would be a fun/cool one life temporary ally for raids n stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.