Accepted Switch back to daytime on Highlands

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Changes from the night sky to a standard day sky, as was used previously.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Easier to see
- Better PVP and ability to spot vehicles not really much I can say here
- Highlands will look less depressing

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- People may say it's too early and we need to adjust
- Certain regiments who now get a combat advantage from wearing all black will be annoyed that they will be seen

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It's only been a day, no offence to mappers who did put in work to make this change (to mappers: you guys did a good job on the new Crimson Blade Hideout and other changes so shout out and thanks to you for that) but I dislike it and find it difficult to deal with vehicles. I've been told to change my monitor brightness, but I cannot put it up and there are times where I straight up can't see STS on killcams because it's that dark. If people disagree fair enough, but I just wanna see opinions for/against this. Still early as it's been there less than a day but I don't see my opinion on this changing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kvalax
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Erik Glover

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 2, 2021
+Support
Even for Armor it can be difficult to spot vehicles because of the darkness which makes it annoying for them to fight.

Shibby

Aug 18, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Changes from the night sky to a standard day sky, as was used previously.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Easier to see
- Better PVP and ability to spot vehicles not really much I can say here
- Highlands will look less depressing

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- People may say it's too early and we need to adjust
- Certain regiments who now get a combat advantage from wearing all black will be annoyed that they will be seen

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It's only been a day, no offence to mappers who did put in work to make this change (to mappers: you guys did a good job on the new Crimson Blade Hideout and other changes so shout out and thanks to you for that) but I dislike it and find it difficult to deal with vehicles. I've been told to change my monitor brightness, but I cannot put it up and there are times where I straight up can't see STS on killcams because it's that dark. If people disagree fair enough, but I just wanna see opinions for/against this. Still early as it's been there less than a day but I don't see my opinion on this changing.
+ Support
Whilst I think that the night effect is a nice attempt at a change, it is just hard to see not only people, but vehicles aswell. The cam on co-pilot cas helis is literally impossible to use now.

Deacon

Jun 19, 2022
I've heard people from both NATO and NWO complaining and saying that they're not joining the server while it's still the night map.

It was a nice attempt, but this is something that is genuinely affecting the playerbase because it just doesn't work well.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
A version of the map with improved base lighting and a significant increase in the map's brightness level will be getting released within the next day or so. This should help a lot with the complaints, I think it's fair to say we should wait until that's out before we decide if nighttime can work - it's supposed to be more of a 'theme', rather than making it impossible to see.

Reactions: Kvalax

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Jimothy,
Your suggestion has been accepted. Cloak above has pretty much summed up what I wanted to say. I'm disappointed that we haven't really given it time on the new map before making suggestions, however, after clear player insight, we have increased the Brightness on the Map in order to help the player experience. We apologise for the past few days of poor player-experience with the mapping. Starting 13/02/2023 there will be a cycle with a much more appealing map environment with 5 days being Day and 2 days being Night. The 2 night times happen randomly within the week and I believe all weekends are locked at Day. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks, Content Team.​

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: CL4P-TP
Status
Not open for further replies.