The complete guide to removing errors!

Ares

Aug 11, 2021
Welcome to my guide on removing all errors and missing textures from Civil City!

The Basics:

1) Ensure you have subscribed to the steam workshop, you can find this by doing the !contentpack command in game or clicking the following link - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1690222203

2) Check that you have Counter-Strike: Source installed and mounted to Garry's Mod. If you are unsure if you have done this then it is likely that you have not. Many guides on how to do this are available on the internet including guides on how to install the content without buying the game.

3) Go to the ESC menu and click Options -> Multiplayer and check to see that the drop down menu shows "Allow all custom files from server". Also check in your video settings and make sure you have your options turned up to the highest settings.

Following these 3 steps should remove the vast majority of errors from the game!

Still got errors?

If you still have errors after following these steps then go to your steam library, right click on garry's mod, click properties and then click local files. Once you are in this menu click "Verify integrity of game files."

This can also be done for the Counter-Strike: Source game ensuring all the textures that are being mounted into Garry's mod are not corrupted.

If you have errors with certain props from the sims pack and random character models you can try installing specific content from this pack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1690201027 (This is from the dark rp server and contains a few things that the CC content is missing.)

If you are still experiencing content and texture issues after following the above steps feel free to contact me over steam/discord and I can help resolve them - If you are aware of any solutions that are not listed above please comment them below to help new players get set up on the server.

Rice

Jun 5, 2022
thanks kanye very cool. no more purple black boxes for me. or big error signs !!