Timeout When Connecting Using x86-64

SiEGE

Mar 16, 2024
Just as the title states, every time I right click on Garry's Mod in my Library and go to Properties>Betas and select x86-64 Chromium + 64-Bit binaries and try to join either the US/UK server, the game times out after a few minutes when the server starts loading Client Info.

This happens every time until I switch back to the regular version of the game.

Any idea on how to fix this? I'd like to be able to play and take advantage of some of the features that using this version of the game allows me to access while on the server... and also hopefully crash less often.

Thanks in advance!

Tommy 'Romeo' Lee

SCP-RP Staff
Jan 1, 2022
You can try the GMODCefCodecFix on Github, I used it previously and sometimes fixes issues with the not as good chormium instance that Garry's mod uses. I can't link the Github repo itself but a google search will show it

SiEGE

Mar 16, 2024
You can try the GMODCefCodecFix on Github, I used it previously and sometimes fixes issues with the not as good chormium instance that Garry's mod uses. I can't link the Github repo itself but a google search will show it
Thank you for your reply, I'll be giving that a try in a moment!

SiEGE

Mar 16, 2024
I downloaded and ran the program you recommended and there are multiple items it says need fixed... it can't continue because it says one or more files don't match the Original Checksum and says to validate the game files. I have done that and get the same error. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you

Edit: I have just uninstalled and am currently reinstalling to see if this resolves the issue.

Edit: I have reinstalled the game. Initially when I reinstalled, I had downloaded maybe 3gb or so and it was complete. Steam auto verified the game files after it was done downloading and installed around an additional 9gb or so and I verified game files again using steam, which showed no issues.

I then ran the codec fix again and it is still showing there are several chromium.pak and DLL files that need fixed while also saying that gmod.exe does not match the original and of course that the files still don't match the Original Checksum...

I'm very confused because after a fresh install, all the files should be original and it should not be saying that the files aren't matching the original ones...

I'm not really sure what to do next, so if anybody knows, any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: