Denied Trusted Member Role (Prop Spawning)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds a "Trusted Member" role to the community, given to members who have shown dedication and commitment to high quality roleplay to the server. This role would allow the player with the role to spawn a maximum of 20 props along with a discord role that shows a unique color.

This role would be application based. The requirements would be to have Total Level 150 and past experience in a CL4 or CL5 Job, as well as no warnings in the past 30 days and no bans in the past 60 days. The Server Leadership teams of each server would be responsible for reviewing the applications and determining which applicants are best fit for the role.

There would also, of course, be building rules to be enforced by the staff team for these members. If these members violate these rules intentionally, or create mingey dupes, they will be removed of their role and will be warned/banned (depending on severity) for their abuse of props. The rules could include things such as;

- Props may not block off any section of the map or be used to hinder the progress of hostile forces raiding (Such as forcing players to jump in order to reach an area that is normally accessible).

- Props cannot be placed inside of the vents, or be used to hinder travel into the vents.

- Any builds must remain reasonably realistic to the theme of the SCP world, and not showcase or imply any inappropriate content.

- Props cannot be placed inside of of spawns, bunks, or D-Block unless approved by Server Leadership. Permission must also be granted to place props inside of the Medical Bay, Floor 3, or HCZ by their respective supervisors (Medical Consultant, A-1 CO+/O5, E-11 Lieutenant+)

- If inside of Site-65, C.I Base, or the GOC FOB, their respective leaders (Site Administration+, CI Delcom+, GOC LT+) may order you to take down or edit your props. If you refuse, they will have the ability to 'arrest' your character and roleplay taking down your props (calling staff to remove them).

- Any staff member reserves the right to have you remove your props, or remove them forcefully, if the props are considered unrealistic or violate any of these rules.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I know of.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+Visual Aesthetic
Having temporary props in places such as Personnel Wing, HCZ Checkpoints, etc can all greatly improve the visual aesthetic of the server and give more variety to how the map looks on a regular basis.

+Roleplay opportunities
This can greatly expand the opportunities for roleplay people have. Such as creating props to suggest a quarantine zone, creating different areas on the surface to improve surface roleplay, having divisions designed for building, etc.

+Gameplay style
There are many players who like to express their creativity, and would love to do so with building. This could introduce a new gameplay style for players to experience while greatly reducing the risk of rule breaks or mingy behavior.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Lag
The most obvious negative, more props will usually mean more lag in certain areas. That's why Server Leadership limits the amount of props each bunk/office can have.

-Rule Breaks
Staff would have to keep a close eye on this new addition to ensure people are not abusing it in any way.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall I believe this could benefit the server more than it would hurt it. This grants the opportunity to vastly improve roleplay while heavily restricting it to ensure the likelihood of abuse is as low as it can be while rewarding veteran players and members who have shown care for the community. The amount of roleplay opportunity this can provide, especially for the surface, along with the improved aesthetic, I believe makes this role worth-while.

To address concerns of lag, this is still a concern. I'm sure having more props does affect server performance. However I believe most of the server performance issues come more from PAC than it does from props, and I personally haven't had many lag issues. Also, with how limited this role is with the very strict requirements and the need for each player to be reviewed by the Server Leadership team, I don't believe there will be a ton of issues surrounding it. You could also choose to limit the props more from 20 to 15 or even 10 per trusted member.

And to address concerns of abuse, as I said before this role is extremely restricted. The majority of the playerbase won't meet these requirements, and the ones that do are veteran members of the community who people trust. I don't believe abuse regarding this will be common at all, and it can be taken away from the player very easily.

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
This role would conflict with VIP packages, unless they found a way around it. good idea though

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
This role would conflict with VIP packages, unless they found a way around it. good idea though
xk trusted,keter trusted, etc. just make a second role with trusted at the end and give it the same perms to that level of VIP + trusted thing

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
- Support

as much as I like the idea of it, as we know the lag is already something out of control on the server and this would not be a great help.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
~Support
I like the idea of it opening up more opportunities for roleplay, but it feels like it would get out of control with too many props, it not being as managed as it just being GMs/SL able to do it, etc.

A potential alternative that might be better is having the ability to call a sit for a GM, not just moderation staff. Like, when you call a sit you would have the option to select what type of staff you need. That way, if you need props for some roleplay, you can just call a GM easily to do it, and it's moderated by the GM's knowledge of what is/isn't allowed/sensible.

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
-support

A potential alternative that might be better is having the ability to call a sit for a GM, not just moderation staff. Like, when you call a sit you would have the option to select what type of staff you need. That way, if you need props for some roleplay, you can just call a GM easily to do it, and it's moderated by the GM's knowledge of what is/isn't allowed/sensible.
+support

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Will not happen regardless of community support

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
hm.
well i can't say anything about US - but on UK, it'd have to be heavily regulated and you forgot a major negative here in that it's yet another thing for staff to tend to; they already have a lot to do and this would just be yet another thing in their long list (i say this authoritatively as someone whose name regularly appears when it comes to staff's list of "things to get done," i'm sure they love me!). in addition to the other big negative of actually implementing this in the first place and how that conflicts with the existing server structure that was brought up earlier.

i do like where your mind is, however.

if i was staff, i would sit on this idea. i would sit on this for a very long time. i can't personally claim whether or not this is at all feasible, but i definitely think there's some noteworthy people that could be t rusted with this? might be a good way to get them to dip their toes in, potentially develop interest in staff or GM positions as i know the staff team is hurting rn - but this would have to be given out sparingly.

i think there's a correct way to go about doing this and probably not exactly as this post says, but if done right could be extremely beneficial for the server; if this ever gets accepted, it'll be partially at most.

if so, then
+Mild Support

Last edited:

Jimmy Swan

Jan 10, 2023
-support
-simply will never happen
-this isn't darkrp
-we have staff and gamemasters to help with this

-cool for rp but won't be used for that ever

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+support
TL;DR: Sounds good as long as anyone who gets the role has proof that they are competent at building, and it'd need to be restricted so no ragdolls can be spawned alongside all restrictions GMs have.

to be honest, GMs will only really make builds in the facility if they are doing a planned event or rp situation (which aren't very often); if the people getting this 'trusted member' role had proof that they were not only good at building but had experience on the server i see no problem with them getting maybe 10 or 20 props to spawn in an office or the like. No ragdolls though.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
Will not happen regardless of community support
Pretty much.

We already aim to reduce as many permaprops as possible, to reduce the overall entity count on the server to improve server performance. Having this kind of rule would go against all the optimizations that we introduced. While it's understandable that some people may feel like a few props could make an area nicer here and there, it is just not possible to properly regulate it without allowing someone to put the server to a complete halt.

So far, only GMs having the ability to build is the best thing, as this ensures that props are only used for events like it should be.

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
+support
Nl are kinda hungry rn so I think they need their fill of server props again ngl

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
This 100% will not happen

If u want to spawn props to Increase rp call a GM

And if those somehow does become a thing it should be CL5 Only. As it's fairly easy to get a cl4 job. And most are above 150. Cl5 has so much more at risk if they minge with it

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
And if those somehow does become a thing it should be CL5 Only. As it's fairly easy to get a cl4 job. And most are above 150. Cl5 has so much more at risk if they minge with it
this is an OOC role, not an IC job

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Yes I know.

I'm saying only people who are holding cl5 positions can even be able to apply.

Would u really want a Captain spawning props in.
back before they joined the staff team and were holding down OSA, Captain and E-11, i would have trusted @Corr "Perseus" Vynd to. but that's not really our decision anyway, that's up to staff. i'd imagine they may have come to a similar conclusion. it'd all be decided on a case-by-case application basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.