Accepted Two great addons / ideas for the Mayor and the PD

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020

Screenshot_20231015-162206.pngScreenshot_20231015-162216.pngScreenshot_20231015-161650.png

Screenshot_20231015-161912.pngScreenshot_20231015-161841.pngScreenshot_20231015-161901.png

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

The first addon adds a use for taxes which can realistically fund the PD. It can upgrade different stats for the PD as the city funds increase. There seems to also be a city fund vault that can be robbed. UI does look quite good.

The second addon creates a dynamic election system with two different parties competing for mayor instead of a single vote. Players can have custom or default parties to choose from.
Very satisfying UI

Due to the first addon having a city fund vault this could open an opportunity for a bank building being put into the map. The original PD vault can be put there instead.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

I don't think so.

I believe both of these addons can work in unison together amazingly. This can revamp the PD experience as currently playing as the Government and the PD can get repetitive and boring.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

Encourages players to play as the mayor and mayor related jobs for much longer and more often.

They add a great daily progression system that can reset every time a new mayor is elected. Mayors can actually be critical for the PD to keep alive, other than RP reasons.

If taxes are very high the mayor will be dethroned much faster, mayors can play as dictators and collect tax money for themselves, causing a revolution.

So many possibilities!

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

The mayor could be able to farm money for himself, yet I think if this were to happen the town residents should be able to overthrow the mayor by raiding the PD which adds even more opportunity for roleplay.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

The benefit outweighs the risk

I believe if these addons were invested into or the dev team decides to create their own version then this can bolster the player count on the server.

Currently there isn't anything interesting to do as PD / criminal when it comes to the Government. The PD Is usually empty as there's nothing to protect apart from a simple vault.

Last edited:

AnthonyFuller

Aug 26, 2023
Neutral

I like the suggestion about the mayor addon, but I feel some mayors will take the piss and do 100% taxes for pretty much everyone. I also don't like the addition of another computer, it could cause confusion between these and the Maxnet ones. Having mentioned Maxnet, something like the computer could be implemented for the CGPD website only accessible to the Mayor.

On the election front, I'm indifferent to this.

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
Neutral

I like the suggestion about the mayor addon, but I feel some mayors will take the piss and do 100% taxes for pretty much everyone. I also don't like the addition of another computer, it could cause confusion between these and the Maxnet ones. Having mentioned Maxnet, something like the computer could be implemented for the CGPD website only accessible to the Mayor.

On the election front, I'm indifferent to this.
As a disclaimer, if this suggestion was accepted, substantial impacts like tax modifications would be subject to rigorous regulation. It's unlikely that we would permit tax adjustments exceeding 5%, and even that might be considered exceptionally high. Any alterations would be handled through a controlled configuration change rather than staff constantly keeping an eye on it.

Last edited:

Vox

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
As a disclaimer, if this suggestion was accepted, substantial impacts like tax modifications would be subject to rigorous regulation. It's unlikely that we would permit tax adjustments exceeding 5%, and even that might be considered exceptionally high. Any alterations would be handled through a controlled configuration change rather than staff constantly keeping an eye on it.

I think it can also be configured to only tax sallaries not players' wallets

Although, if the mayor did set outrageously high tax for everyone
(wallet or sallary) I believe the players themselves would be able to deal with that
by placing hits and or raiding the PD to assassinate the mayor.

Threat of losing their job slot will make mayors play smarter

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @Vox!

Thank you for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

We will be looking at doing a mayor overhaul soon - we will consider these addons when we plan this.

Status
Not open for further replies.