[UK] Assassin's SGM demotion appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2022
+Support

Although I will clearly state that your demotion was valid and correct. I believe that you have served the punishment for that offence and there is an expiry on these punishments for a reason. To allow people the chance to improve themselves and learn from their mistakes, I strongly believe that you try to enhance roleplay and from what i remember when you were an SGM you created some exciting and fun events.

In my humble opinion, it would be beneficial to consider granting you the opportunity to return as a GM, You greatly enhanced the rp of many players both passively and in combat.

Best of luck Assassin

Aug 13, 2023
-Support

I understand where you are coming from and I do see you as a great guy nonetheless. But I have not seen you create RP or lead any to the extend of my knowledge. From what I know you've mostly been on the sidelines and have others take charge of the RP thats being lead. I would gladly support your decision for SGM but honestly. You just haven't given or atleast made an impact that makes some of the players remember the RP you've "lead"

I understand the history you've had as SGM. But rather than looking at the past, I wanna bring up the present and the latest therefore I wouldn't support the climb to SGM immedietely but rather GM.

Also all bros supporters are ethics and o1

May 24, 2022
-Support

I understand where you are coming from and I do see you as a great guy nonetheless. But I have not seen you create RP or lead any to the extend of my knowledge. From what I know you've mostly been on the sidelines and have others take charge of the RP thats being lead. I would gladly support your decision for SGM but honestly. You just haven't given or atleast made an impact that makes some of the players remember the RP you've "lead"

I understand the history you've had as SGM. But rather than looking at the past, I wanna bring up the present and the latest therefore I wouldn't support the climb to SGM immedietely but rather GM.

Also all bros supporters are ethics and o1
Hey

I can facilitated and created quite alot of RP now especially for O1 and ECMs since my role is O1 commander. Id understand your point if I was site admin or site command and I was responsible for the entire site but I'm not, I'm the O1 commander therefore all my RP creation goes to them. Like I said though I have organised rp that affects the whole site in the past a number of times

This is also the reason why the majority of my support is from them

Bruce

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
May 7, 2022
+ Support
Assassin has have done some amazing work in his time as GM and certainly knows his stuff around RP leading and running events. However there is the demotion he got from the two infractions which yes could impact the final decision but I believe that Assassin should be given a second chance with his powers as I do believe that Assassin will not abuse his powers in the future and because he would be a great asset in the event team.
Assassin, Good luck on your appeal!

Before I leave a +support or -support, I'm just going to be candid and come out and say it. I definitely don't find it a coincidence that you, Broda and Eidolon are all returning to the server within an extremely narrow timeframe of each other and all three of you have said the exact same thing;

"I would like to apply or reapply to this position because I believe I can improve the quality of RP on the server, as it has since degraded."

I have dealt with all three of you in varying capacities and as a matter of fact, I thoroughly enjoyed a lot of the RP we did when I was O5-3 and you were also very reasonable to talk to whenever conflicts broke out. I would in fact like to see you succeed. The same can be said for Broda and Eidolon, as individuals. However, I have stated openly from my time as O5 when Yeke and Winkie quizzed us about our concerns before -1 was picked, to before and after that on the forums, my concerns about friend groups having dealt with them in a previous community as an SSL member. In the space of less than two weeks, two of you have gone for O5 and you have also wanted to return to SGM. The pattern is increasingly apparent the more it is looked at.

I would like to see you actually address the above quote. Show that you have paid attention to these issues you and the other two keep mentioning and how your appeal actually plans to address them.

• Can you name these problems you speak of?
  • Can you identify how you plan to assist them by being reinstated to the SGM team?
  • Can you explain why your reinstation is part of the solution to the degradation of roleplay?
  • If possible, can you address my point regarding the friend group situation? (if you wish to reach out to discuss this I will be happy to speak at any time)
You are more than welcome to address these points or completely ignore them, but if you do address them, I will leave an actual verdict leaning one direction or the other.

For now;
Neutral.

May 24, 2022
Before I leave a +support or -support, I'm just going to be candid and come out and say it. I definitely don't find it a coincidence that you, Broda and Eidolon are all returning to the server within an extremely narrow timeframe of each other and all three of you have said the exact same thing;

"I would like to apply or reapply to this position because I believe I can improve the quality of RP on the server, as it has since degraded."

I have dealt with all three of you in varying capacities and as a matter of fact, I thoroughly enjoyed a lot of the RP we did when I was O5-3 and you were also very reasonable to talk to whenever conflicts broke out. I would in fact like to see you succeed. The same can be said for Broda and Eidolon, as individuals. However, I have stated openly from my time as O5 when Yeke and Winkie quizzed us about our concerns before -1 was picked, to before and after that on the forums, my concerns about friend groups having dealt with them in a previous community as an SSL member. In the space of less than two weeks, two of you have gone for O5 and you have also wanted to return to SGM. The pattern is increasingly apparent the more it is looked at.

I would like to see you actually address the above quote. Show that you have paid attention to these issues you and the other two keep mentioning and how your appeal actually plans to address them.

• Can you name these problems you speak of?
  • Can you identify how you plan to assist them by being reinstated to the SGM team?
  • Can you explain why your reinstation is part of the solution to the degradation of roleplay?
  • If possible, can you address my point regarding the friend group situation? (if you wish to reach out to discuss this I will be happy to speak at any time)
You are more than welcome to address these points or completely ignore them, but if you do, I will leave an actual verdict leaning one direction or the other.

For now;
Neutral.
I've been back in the server and this run of O1 commander since last year?

But the rest of the feedback is appreciated, regarding the questions I'll answer them in DMs should you wish to take it further.

-support
this will get accepted in any case considering correct friend group membership, but that amount of admin abuse is crazy compared to what bolt did and bolt had to wait a year for an accepted appeal

came back to the server with friends for "the rp quality has degraded" so that they can leave again in a month after getting every senior position again

'Kaz'

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Jul 30, 2022
-Neutral

- Very Active
- Don't doubt event / RP capabilities
- Experienced
- You've been complaining about UK's RP being on a decline since 2022 seems to be the same excuse of "improving RP" recycled over and over with little to no change from what I've seen each time
- Cades points

Even though most of your time being a GM was when I was on MRP to my knowledge, I don't doubt that you can provide high quality events or that you haven't before. My issues are with your reasoning being a reused "improving RP" excuse that you've been complaining about since 2022 and that I've seen little change in since then. The removal reason in the first place is quite severe considering you were a Senior GM and should have known better which I understand you've acknowledged however I don't think it should be overlooked. Finally if you're actually able to answer Cades questions or are you just recycling the same excuse to be accepted.

Feb 24, 2023
I came back just to say give this man his mf rank

Literally one of the biggest helps I had during my major events and one of the few people I could genuinley put up with during events who would spam me 70 questions on TS mid rp.

May 6, 2022
Dear Assassin,

After reading your appeal, I have decided to give you a - Support. Now, that being said, I would explain the reasons why I gave you this.

First off, when I was reading your appeal, you stated the reason why you got yourself removed from SGM. Although this was eight months ago and you are apologetic for your actions and reflect on them, it still does not justify the means of you being accepted back into the GM team as a full-fledged SGM. Of course, you can always reapply on the forums through the proper means of going through the trial GM and upwards, as many have done before you. However, I do want to address the misuse of power that was given to you. As you probably know, there an saying in the GM Team [You fuck around, you find out.] That's exactly what you did, you Fucked around, and you indeed found out. Unfortunately, that led to your removal from the GM Team. Abusing your powers for RP gain never works out. Even after reading your appeal and your heartfelt apology that you claimed to have, I still believe that you should go through the proper channels and reapply again.

There is a second and quite problematic issue that is stirring in the bowels of the community. Shall we say now, I don't want to spread any rumors or misconceptions, but some people have believed a friend group has been forming with certain people and certain departments, which I shall not name for the sake of privacy. That being said, as you should know as a former SGM, having friend groups that could jeopardize the community or the team itself is not a good look and it causes many problems along the way. But I don't need to elaborate anymore, I'm sure you're well aware.

Anyway, those are the main two points that I wanted to spew out. Just a little side note: At any point, if you feel the need to contact me in any way, shape, or form, you can always hit me up on my DM on Discord. You know where to find me.

Wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Yours sincerely
Steve "Omega"

Last edited:

Melon

Oct 1, 2023
Dear Assassin,

After reading your appeal, I have decided to give you a - Support. Now, that being said, I would explain the reasons why I gave you this.

First off, when I was reading your appeal, you stated the reason why you got yourself removed from SGM. Although this was eight months ago and you are apologetic for your actions and reflect on them, it still does not justify the means of you being accepted back into the GM team as a full-fledged SGM. Of course, you can always reapply on the forums through the proper means of going through the trial GM and upwards, as many have done before you. However, I do want to address the misuse of power that was given to you. As you probably know, there an saying in the GM Team [You fuck around, you find out.] That's exactly what you did, you Fucked around, and you indeed found out. Unfortunately, that led to your removal from the GM Team. Abusing your powers for RP gain never works out. Even after reading your appeal and your heartfelt apology that you claimed to have, I still believe that you should go through the proper channels and reapply again.

There is a second and quite problematic issue that is stirring in the bowels of the community. Shall we say now, I don't want to spread any rumors or misconceptions, but some people have believed a friend group has been forming with certain people and certain departments, which I shall not name for the sake of privacy. That being said, as you should know as a former SGM, having friend groups that could jeopardize the community or the team itself is not a good look and it causes many problems along the way. But I don't need to elaborate anymore, I'm sure you're well aware.

Anyway, those are the main two points that I wanted to spew out. Just a little side note: At any point, if you feel the need to contact me in any way, shape, or form, you can always hit me up on my DM on Discord. You know where to find me.

Wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Yours sincerely
Steve "Omega"

I'm + Support Assassin's Resignation Appeal

He has definitely gone out of his way to improve as a person and I've heard him be apologetic about it.

What I would like to note for the people who clearly do not know. A Demotion appeal doesn't mean he can get his rank back just like that. He might have to re-apply to GM and highest would get would be potentially GM.

Last edited:
Hello,

Assassin, thank you for your patience and your correspondence over the last two days to discuss my concerns and questions. @Broda thank you as well for reaching out to have that private discussion that we had to clarify a lot of matters.

I will be choosing to -support this appeal. Whilst I think you have the qualities and experience that make a good GM, your reasons that you have outlined to come back do not feel supported by your evidenced behaviour. Your time in the role before you removed; you were a fantastic assistant to many events but I cannot remember many events, if any, directly hosted by you, with your ambition now being to host storylines to enhance the RP loop as we have discussed.

Additionally, whilst you have done a fantastic job as O-1 COM as you pointed out and I agree with, when quizzed I could not get info from you regarding work with other departments you've worked with other than ISD. Whilst I am encouraged by you working with ISD as a whole given the reason for your removal (which I was there and part of SC to see), appealing to have a chance to come back to SGM would have you working with many other groups and I'd like to have evidence that you have done so healthily to show you're ready to come back to the role. You will need to be ready for things to slip up or go wrong and adapt to them on the fly and the removal reason does obviously remain a severe one.

I am aware that I am not the final decision-maker at all so I will leave feedback for both outcomes that I'd personally be happy to see, as I am confident you're capable of acting on feedback -

If your appeal is accepted; I'd love to see your first events be oriented on branching out from ISD to other departments within the Foundation, or maybe even GOIs. Maybe even setting up a form of event that will allow O-1 to interact with these other groups to show how you'd bring your regiment into the enhanced RP loop with others more.

If your appeal is denied; I'd love to see you coordinate with existing GMs or members of the Committee (RedMann would probably love to help you), to do the above but from a non-GM standpoint. Demonstrating that work with others first and then appealing would guarantee a +support from me without question if you then were going to make another appeal in the future.

Either way, I am obviously not the final vote and as I said, I know you have good qualities from our previous interactions so you should be able to address the feedback given no matter what happens.

Thank you again for taking the time to talk to me over the past two days about my concerns and best of luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.