Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltSive

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jun 12, 2022
World Trade Center, New York
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): BoltSive

For how long have you played on CG SCP-RP: According to my 1 year achievement in-game: 944.35 Hours (39.35 days)

Age: 14 ( I have been playing on the server since March 2022)

In what country are you located?: England, United Kingdom

Time zone: GMT

Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): MTF E-11 CPL 'Bolt'

Chaos name (include your rank): LTCOM Kane 'Bolt' Johnson

Civilian name: John Dingle

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:562183070

Do you have a mic?: Yes

What server are you applying for?: SCP-RP UK

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:

Chief of Medicine (Accepted)

Game Master (Denied)

Moderator #1 (Denied)

Moderator #2 (Denied)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

I have received a few Warnings. However no bans or kicks.

I only have 1 Active Warning which might be appealed, I am not too sure but I am sorry for this warn.

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:

No I haven't, however I have experienced quite a lot of events within other games and generally know what makes a decent event.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:

No, SCP-RP is the very first serious roleplay experience I've ever been apart of however I hope to have proper event hosting experience within this Community, since this is a great environment in my opinion to be able to acquire the expert level of creating events on this server.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:

4-6 hours per weekday, 6-8 hours per weekend. However it really depends what I am up to during the week.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:

I've always seen Gamemaster as fun role to have, since you put in high effort and get decent reward with feedback and general fun with the community. The Gamemaster's I have met are generally nice and fun people to be around and I want to get to know them better. I also want to get involved in my creative side since not many other roles within the server use this side of things and to create some impressive and detailed events.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:

I think I am personally special over the other applicants since I am able to commit several hours into designing and perfecting my events since I have a lot of free time, and since I know quite a lot about the lore of the SCP Universe I will be able to create lore accurate events. I also think that due to my younger age I will more easily be able to tap into my more creative side to create interesting and fun events. Since I have dedicated so much time on the server I generally know what people like and don't like for events

Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):

Event Idea #1:
"Gamemaster's Funhouse"

An Anomalous entity known as the "Gamemaster" has found his way into the SCP Foundation alongside his assistants with another challenge for a prize of $100,000, the challenge the contestants would have to complete is to find and deliver a small test tube containing an unknown liquid back to the Gamemaster, the personnel who find and deliver the vile first win the $100,000.

How it would work:

3 Trusted members of the GM or Staff Team would be given the roles of the Assistance and the "Gamemaster", A vile of a random liquid would be placed somewhere around the site. They would then set up a small stage with text above reading "Line up in front of the Stage and have a chance to win $100,000." After 15 minutes the "Gamemaster" will then start announcing the rules of the game to the audience.

This being:

1) Strictly no weapons will be used throughout the duration of this challenge

2) There can only be 1 winner

3) Do not attempt to consume the liquid otherwise you will be "excluded" from the Challenge

The Participants will then be sent off to look all over site to attempt to find the Vile (Clearance 4+ areas will be off limits due to potential document leakage) once found the vile must be brought back to the "Gamemaster" in which the person will receive the $100,000 in-game cash, once the celebration has died down. The "Gamemaster" and his assistance would then leave via the front gate.

Groups Involved: All Foundation Personnel, including Class-D.

Event Idea #2: "The Orange Anomaly"

The Chaos Insurgency have managed to successfully interrupt and steal and new anomaly which was planned to arrive at Site-65, however once they open the containment box holding the anomaly the discover that it was... a Glass of Orange Juice?
The goal of this event is for CI to work out how to successfully utilize this anomaly for their own gain, and leaving the personnel in Site-65 on their knees.

How it would work:

The Containment Box would be brought in by CI LTCOM or the CI COM and placed within Heavy Containment, we would then use a crowbar to break open the box (Hitting it a couple of times) in which the crate would open and reveal the Orange Juice, we would then brainstorm, as a team, to find out the best way to utilize the SCP, there would be small hints such as if you go near the Orange Juice it would say "The drink emits an aura of pure power" or if you attempt to consume the drink it would say "This liquid could be used for a more inhuman character."
or something along those lines. The Orange Juice is based off of an Failed SCP which I wrote a while ago, however tweaked abit so that it can for fill its purpose. That purpose being able to buff an SCP's health and strength once drank, however this would only work on one SCP (This means if used on 008, only 1 008 would get buffed.) Once the Orange Juice has been used once on an SCP, in which they cause havoc on the Facility. Once used the glass would be empty making the -2 instance useless.

What if the raid fails?

If the raid with Orange Juice fails and they don't get to use it on an SCP, then the Orange Juice will stay with CI until it gets used on an SCP. Since the event won't require much management and just requires someone monitoring it (which is literally just someone playing CI)

Groups Involved: Chaos Insurgency (Foundation once the raids have started.)

Event Idea #3: "The Chicago Spirit"

The GOI known has the Chicago Spirit is back, and they've set up shop in Pinewood however under a new name "The Spirit of Illinois" so come in and grab a quick drink or maybe something to eat. There's nothing you'll need to worry about back home.

How it would work:

One person as a random Chicago Spirit member would be managing the bar, with music and supplied beverages however a few specially picked people would asked to be brought to a separate room in the back where the company would attempt to pitch a sale with anomalous artifacts. The artifacts would be for example: A fake plant which with enough care can bare fruit or a picture which if hung up will cause anyone looking at it cause extreme sadness etc.

Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)

Map Change Event Idea #1:
"Game Show of Death"

Groups involved: All Factions.

A Message would be played over Open communications, inviting people over to join their Gameshow with prizes to die for. Anyone who would like to join the gameshow would have to make their way near Pinewood where they would be stripped of their weapons then transported to a brightly lit room with an obstacle course presented in front of them, everyone would be asked to pass the obstacles until anyone who survived would be moved onto the second round where the survivors would be asked to group up into groups of 4's where they would be questioned on several general knowledge questions of their choosing until one group remains in which they would compete in a round of 3 games of Knouts and Crosses with a twist. If the participants draw then they would repeat the game until one of them wins. Eventually the overall winner would win a prize of the announcers choosing before being transported back to their Faction like none of the events took place.

How it would work:

A GM as the "Announcer" would state in Open communications "Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. I am hosting a Gameshow where you have the chance to win fabulous prizes. Come to the town you call Pinewood and get yourself registered today!" or something along the line of that (During the event the Announcer will just be someone cloaked observing the event, and giving his verdict in the open comms.) Once at least 50-60 players have made their way to Pinewood, then we teleport them to the first challenge (Which will be a separate plain above the existing map) which will consist of medium tier parkour with buzz saws and a few other deadly obstacles. The second round will consist of some pre-planning since making some general knowledge questions that aren't unfair can be a little challenging however whoever's group gets the most questions right will go onto the final round and those groups who fail will be taken into "the back" by the guards (Which will just be a select few GMs who kill the participants.) and aren't seen again. On the Final Round, will be a simple game of Knouts and Crosses where a GM will move the Crosses or Circle depending where the participants choose, however the participants will have to role to 100, leaving the last round due to luck and whoever wins the role will pick where they want their pieces to go. (This luck aspect makes sense due to how Gameshows love to add an aspect of luck into it, just saying this in-case people might think it'll be an unfair idea.) However wins will be congratulated by music and the announcer congratulating they've won in which they will be quickly transported back outside near Pinewood with a Guard giving them their prize of 50k, a Sanctum and a random Knife.

List an example mission for each of the following:

O-1: "Limited Time Info" (O1 + Nu-7 Event)

Ethics Committee have received an Email rendering classified information, however once opened links to a page saying "Have fun! lol" with a laughing emoji in the middle of the page. Under close inspection it is discovered that classified documents on the drive have been sent to an unknown receiver, O1 and Nu-7's job is to convince SCP-079 to assist them with retrieving the lost files by finding the receiver, tracking them down and sending the files back the ECM.

How it would work:
We would ask an Ethics member to report to O1 that a virus has caused files to be stolen from his computer to an unknown receiver, we would also get someone else to play as 079 to do the convincing portion. The receiver would be located at Lakehouse on a laptop guarded by a few of his friends while O1 has to go in and retrieve the files. (There would be the Receiver and 4 other people as his friends/guards which would be played by mods or GM's)

A-1: "Fighting for the Past" (CI + A1 Event)

The splinter group known as the 'Insurgency' have been brought to O5's attention as Nu-7 have spotted them roaming around on surface, it is undetermined how the old group has made it's way forward in time. However it'll be A-1's job to keep an eye on the 'Insurgency' to make sure the past won't reoccur again.

How it would work:
CI COM or LTCOM would be given the frequency pre-hand for the radio transmission to trigger when it's their part for the event, Nu-7 would hopefully be onsite at this time to spot the 'Insurgency' (Which would be a group of 4-6 people) where the 'Insurgency' would request to speak with Alpha-1 on what is going on at the time. Once a bit of RP has happened between Alpha-1 and the splinter group, then CI would have a constant raid to retrieve the 'Insurgency' which eventually succeeds which also leads the 'Insurgency' to become brainwashed and unfortunately captured again by Alpha-1 and terminated for betraying their loyalty to the Foundation.

Nu-7: "Limited Time Info" (O1 + Nu-7 Event)

O-1 has requested Nu-7 to assist them in tracking down the receiver of these highly classified documents, they would first help O1 convince 079 to track the source of the virus and then retrieve the files for ECM.

How it would work:
Read O1's Mission.

E-11: "The Tree in Hillhouse" (E-11 + Foundation Staff Event)

The Commander of E-11 has told his members to make their way to Hillhouse due to getting a report back from Intel about a sighting, E-11 are to deployed to the location to find Hillhouse overgrown with moss and roots with a huge tree protruding out of the roof, investigating inside, there is a human shaped hole carved into the tree. After taking control of the area, E-11 will leave the rest to Intel and Researchers.

How it would work:
Hillhouse would be modified to look overgrown and taken over by nature, inside would be a custom tree model with a carving of a human shaped body, it's Researchers and Intel's job to find out how to contain this anomaly. The way is, is to give a specific person to be sacrificed by being placed within the carving which will cause the tree to retreat back into the ground. (Person sacrificed will be specifically chosen pre-hand, so they won't just place a Class-D there)

CI: "Fighting for the Past" (CI + A1 Event)

A feint radio communication has come in from one of the old radio frequencies used in the Years 1924-1928, the transmitter reads "H-Hello? Alpha-1 do you copy? This is CPL [Redacted] from the 'Insurgency' something strange happened during one of our cover ups, we seemed to be currently located outside Foundation base but this is definitely not the same Site-65 we left from earlier today." The Chaos Insurgency are then sent out to raid Site-65 to retrieve the 'Insurgency' for their own personal gain and detrimental intelligence on Alpha-1.

How it would work:
Read Alpha-1's Mission.

Foundation Staff: "The Tree in Hillhouse" (E-11 + Foundation Staff Event)

Researchers have detected anomalous activity on Hillhouse, Intelligence are sent on the scene first to give an overview on the anomaly before E-11 are deployed, once E-11 secured the area then Research and Intel can conduct tests on the anomaly and complete the task that the anomaly will give them.

How it would work:
Read E-11's Mission.

Last edited:

R. Slicker

Aug 30, 2022
-support

Event Idea #1: "Mr Beast!"

mr beast event idea. HUGE KEK

App littered with spelling errors

Deleted member 1285

= Neutral

This application is odd, it has some good ideas yet there is no need to add any form of 'comedy' to the application ? shits an old ass joke anyways. I have no idea why you thought it was good to add a 'Mr Beast' event but it ruins your application a lot as it makes you seem immature and not committed to writing serious ideas. (The map change event idea isn't even a map change)

Good luck with the verdict, if you do not change the Mr Beast idea then you will most likely be denied but that's my word of advice to you

- Julien White

BoltSive

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jun 12, 2022
World Trade Center, New York
-support

Event Idea #1: "Mr Beast!"

mr beast event idea. HUGE KEK

App littered with spelling errors
Spelling errors? I went through the application before sending it in, and corrected my spelling errors.
= Neutral

This application is odd, it has some good ideas yet there is no need to add any form of 'comedy' to the application ? shits an old ass joke anyways. I have no idea why you thought it was good to add a 'Mr Beast' event but it ruins your application a lot as it makes you seem immature and not committed to writing serious ideas. (The map change event idea isn't even a map change)

Good luck with the verdict, if you do not change the Mr Beast idea then you will most likely be denied but that's my word of advice to you

- Julien White
Well technically the map change event is a map change due to the fact that people are being moved from one map to another, therefore it is considered a map change.

I have gone through the Application and have made changes using your criticism, hopefully this will make your verdict better.

Last edited:

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
+SUPPORT
+Mature
+long standing player
+good interactions
+that 1st event with a 100K prizepool is just a no i would recommend having everyone be able to participate and only 1 winner with a 20K prize

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+support
interesting event names ? (what really matters though is how fun they'll be & if they work in practice)
most of the events seem like they'd be fun to participate in & bring nice changes to people's gameplay loop (eg 079 doing something while waiting hours to breach, A-1 actually doing something, E-11 going up to hillhouse, etc)
longtime player

luka

Apr 18, 2022
- Neutral

Going through your events: your first idea does seem fun; but you'd have to play it as something the Foundation has set up for it's personnel rather than having random people walk in - realistically they would not be allowed onsite. This is also adds in the extra step of finding the right SA who would authorise it. A concern I also have is that by making it so only CL4+ areas are off limits, it will end up as a major headache for HCZ security with anyone participating trying to just run straight in. Chances are you'll have a few people running into CDC to try and find it as well. Also how are you going to stop people who aren't participating from just drinking the vial anyway? There's a ton of factors that haven't been taken into account here, it seems like this event would just become a mingefest. My solution would either be to only allow for CL3+ participation, target 1 particular group, limit the area to just LCZ, or just hold it in a dupe and allow people to sign up to be tp'd away by anomalous powers.

The other 2 small events are fine. The map change though is very underwhelming, that could easily be done as a normal event. The best way to plan for a map change is to find a map on the workshop and build a storyline from there.

Your O1 event has 0 need for 079 to play a part, and Foundation would (most likely) never ask 079 for help searching for something as the cost in return would be too great, or 079 would simply upload itself to the web. The A1 event should not have a constant raid if the Insurgency is just going to get re-captured, I'd come up with another ending for if CI get the Insurgency members back. Maybe a buff to the raid with the Insurgency joining in. The E11 event is interesting but sounds more like an exclusively research event if all E11 do is secure the area, that'd require 3 units at most and the rest would be sent back down to site - also why is it intels job to recontain/test the anomaly? Intel's job is to do preliminary scouting and infiltration. Doubling up event ideas is fine and all but it doesn't show much creativity or range to who you can do events for.

Your warns are slightly concerning and your maturity is questionable at times, despite this you have shown the capability to be professional - but the consistency of this behaviour is lacking. It also isn't the best look jumping from mod app to gm app to mod app back to gm app, within such a short timeframe. Overall I believe with the right guidance you'd make a good gm, you just need to show that you're learning from your denied apps.

Best of luck

"Aki"

Jan 21, 2023
+Support

Based on CI Experiences,

Overall a active/amazing person

Very easy to talk to for problems/questions

Very mature for someone his age

I personally think he is a great fit for the GM team.

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
+Support

Mature and very active, approachable and easy to talk to, very dedicated and professional!

Bless.

Alex Bones

Apr 18, 2022
Application Accepted

Hi @BoltSive ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a GameMaster application.
Congratulations on having your application accepted. Once you are available, join the Interview Waiting Room in TeamSpeak and put "Waiting for Interview" in your name so we can proceed with the next stage of the process.

Kind regards,
Event team lead Alex Bones​

Status
Not open for further replies.